Gerard Butler GALS

RockNRolla: What can we do?

Swansong

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm joining this discussion a bit late, I'm afraid. But I just got through reading every post.

Interesting! What a wonderful, diverse set of opinions!

The only statement I can add to this mix? We're ALL getting older! LOL!

We Canadian viewers are lucky in that what ever movie comes from Britain we get to see...Heck our money has the Queens face plastered all over it! I have a feeling that it will come up on the IFC channel this winter...as long as Gerry got paid in full for his amazing talents he has other movies A.I. "Game" coming out soon that will speak volumes for him....

I think you might be right! The producers of the film say it is too British for an American audience so RocknRolla is being released to a limited number of American theatres. I watch a lot of British shows through Canadian television. You really need to listen to understand not only the use of words but in what context. Did any one understand Brad Pitt in Snatch??

I have to say that WB more than went out of their way at 300 to get us fans in to see the movie. They didn't have to do that, but they worked it all out for us.

:)

Yes........I completely agree with Marg. WB wanted to see a good number of fans get into 300. I also agree Alan is a very nice man. I met him at the PSILY premiere.

I also saw him come out at Comic-con, and look (unsuccessfully) for a seat in the 1st row.

He is totally in support of Gerry. Gerry is lucky to have him, IMO.

:whome2:

I've had both good and not-as-good experiences with Alan but in general I trust that he does have Gerry's best interests at heart even when he sometimes doesn't seem to have what I consider to be the fans' best interests at heart (but then he doesn't work for us, does he?) I trust also in Gerry's judgment and he has formed a partnership with Evil Twins and so I accept that he knows what he is doing.

As for WB - TPTB there have been great with fans, it's just some of their security guys can be quite brusque, but some have also been great. When we set up the GALS banner and the GB.net sign along the barricades for PSILY it was the big WB guy who came by and said "we know where to bring Gerry when he gets here" - so he knew to bring Gerry to where the fans were waiting. I thought that was really cool of him.

Now, back to RocknRolla - the poster for the movie has been spotted twice around here in the past few days - it was up at The Block at Orange on Friday and I saw it at the Irvine Spectrum today. That's usually a good sign that those theaters will be showing it when it opens - and they are big chains - the Block is AMC and the Spectrum is Regal - not art houses!

Now, back to RocknRolla - the poster for the movie has been spotted twice around here in the past few days - it was up at The Block at Orange on Friday and I saw it at the Irvine Spectrum today. That's usually a good sign that those theaters will be showing it when it opens - and they are big chains - the Block is AMC and the Spectrum is Regal - not art houses!

That's awesome! Thanks, Susan; sounds promising for the rest of us not in a big city!

I would be more worried about the film if I did not think it would be a success in UK and Europe as it would not see the light of day in the US but I am quite sure once it is released in the UK and starts to generate mega buzz as it has not had a bad review over here from what I have seen we are maybe jumping the gun and should worry when we really have to. If it gets a great audience reaction at the Toronto Film Festival which will be 3 weeks or so before its limited release then I believe as long as numbers are favourable on the opening weekend it will get a wider distribution.

Moira

I'll see it more than once and would have seen it even without Gerry, - love Guy's earlier work! :pointy:

I'm sure it will be a Smash Hit here!