Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

300 Re-Released in 3 Disc Set

Great Find Lisa!

I know what I want for Christmas this year. You know I've never even opened my copies of 300 yet! I have an HD-DVD (probably worthless, though I could throw in the player too which has never been out of the box either) and a regular 2 disc copy and though I adore the movie and saw it 18 times in the theater and a couple of times on cable, I've not broken the cellophane off my DVD's yet (and I've had them since they were released)!! I must have been waiting for the new, more expensive, 3-disc set!!

im not seeing anything thats really new with this, except for the cars, and case.... when i bought my 2 disc set it came with a digital download....

i wish that they would have made a better bluray than they did, i was really hoping to see more technical stuff, and behind the scenes..... hopefully thats what the documentary will add, although zack already did a pretty great commentary, ...

Guest greyeyegoddess

Gosh Susan, you sound like me, but I opened mine only to put into my dvd travel case, and watch one when we have the movie on chat nights. I don't know how many copies I have, all but Blu-ray edition.

Well, save money for Christmas.

~alice

:music:

I remember reading a quote from Zack that a new Blu-Ray was coming which would include an improved print and a lot of the extras that were on the HD DVD version plus some new stuff. I am holding out for that one!

Suzie

Ohhh...I do WANT that! Can never have enough of King Leonidas...LOL. Definately will be on my early Santa's list!

i sure would love to know if this digital download is compitable with macs..... the one that came with the first dble cisc set wasnt compatible with macs only pcs...

I have the super deluxe version that came out when the dvd originally came out, and the wide screen version...I can wait for this one, I want to get an HD DVD...but I have to make sure I can still play my other dvd's on it..no way am I replacing all of those.

moonie..... im not sure you can even buy an hd dvd player..... blu ray one out that contest, and i dont believe they are manufacturing hd dvds anymore....

on the other hand, blu ray players will play ( i should say most) blu ray discs and regular dvds... because i have a kid, instead of buying a blu ray player, that cant be updated, and simply plays movies, i opted to buy a playstation 3 it has better optics that blu ray players, operating sysytem can be updated, can be connected to your internet cable service so your tv becomes your monitor, and can play games......it will play both blu ray and regular dvds...and costs about the same or less than some of the blu ray players out there..... and its sony made, the makers of blu ray discs...... just something to think about

Nance, I was having some problems playing all new Blu-rays on my Blu-ray machine. I contacted Sony and they sent me a free disk that did upgrade my machine to play the newest Blu-Rays too. It only takes a few minutes and saved lots of anger and frustration....

Suzie

im glad you were able to do an upgrade on your player....its sad that you had to contact them because of it....the nice thing about using the playstation 3 is it acts just like a computer and tells you if there is a needed upgrade, since its connected to my internet, it just downloads and installs....

i also love using the PS3 internet browsing on my big screen TV especially for the gallery..... nothing like seeing gallery pics on a huge screen.....!!!

for me the PS3 just made the most sense, especially having a 7.5 yr old... (lord help me) hopefully it will help winter months a little more exciting for her.... unfortunatly..... its in my downstairs family room, where i like to watch my movies..... but ill compromise with her..... graciously let her use it for a smal amount of time each day...... :funnyup:

sorry babe, i cannot comply...you'll just have to suffer ( as if you're suffering).... :funnyup: or....get yourself down to the gutta, or i suppose go grab hubby or a reasonable facsimile... heehhee

thanks for the heads up

I guess another version could be added to the collection ;)

do you know there was a box set with a helmet but I think those are gone

Guest greyeyegoddess

Best Buy offered that one.

I'm really liking this one, but I still want to see more behind the scenes, and deleted scenes, because I know there were more scenes that weren't part of the movie and that weren't part of the deleted scenes. Per international trailer somewhere on youtube.

~alice

:music:

I'll definitely be checking this out!