Gerard Butler GALS

8/21 - DVD fans reprise "Island" getaway

becozy

from: http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/id...148822420080821

DVD fans reprise "Island" getaway

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20am EDT

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - DVD buyers and renters had island fever for the second consecutive week. With no big new theatrical features hitting stores, "Nim's Island" remained on top of the national video sales and rental charts during its sophomore week in stores.

The family adventure from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment topped the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart and Home Media Magazine's rental chart for the week ended August 17.

The lack of new hit movies opened the sales chart to a rash of TV-DVD season sets and smaller films that might not have debuted as high had there been any theatrical competition. On the First Alert sales chart, for example, Paramount's "South Park: Season 11" bowed at No. 2, while Fox's Season 3 set of "Prison Break" debuted at No. 4. HBO's "The Wire: Season 5" came in at No. 6, and Disney/Miramax's "Smart People," a satiric film about academia, debuted at No. 7.

Meanwhile, on Home Media Magazine's rental chart, "Smart People" bowed at No. 2, chalking up 93 percent as much action in rental stores as "Nim's Island."

On the Blu-ray Disc front, Warner's "Batman Begins" remained on top of the sales chart as fans continue to flock to theaters to see "The Dark Knight." Lionsgate's "The Bank Job" was the No. 2 seller, and Sony Pictures' "21" slipped a notch to No. 3.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

from: http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/id...148822420080821

DVD fans reprise "Island" getaway

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:20am EDT

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - DVD buyers and renters had island fever for the second consecutive week. With no big new theatrical features hitting stores, "Nim's Island" remained on top of the national video sales and rental charts during its sophomore week in stores.

The family adventure from 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment topped the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert sales chart and Home Media Magazine's rental chart for the week ended August 17.

The lack of new hit movies opened the sales chart to a rash of TV-DVD season sets and smaller films that might not have debuted as high had there been any theatrical competition. On the First Alert sales chart, for example, Paramount's "South Park: Season 11" bowed at No. 2, while Fox's Season 3 set of "Prison Break" debuted at No. 4. HBO's "The Wire: Season 5" came in at No. 6, and Disney/Miramax's "Smart People," a satiric film about academia, debuted at No. 7.

Meanwhile, on Home Media Magazine's rental chart, "Smart People" bowed at No. 2, chalking up 93 percent as much action in rental stores as "Nim's Island."

On the Blu-ray Disc front, Warner's "Batman Begins" remained on top of the sales chart as fans continue to flock to theaters to see "The Dark Knight." Lionsgate's "The Bank Job" was the No. 2 seller, and Sony Pictures' "21" slipped a notch to No. 3.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

That is WONDERFUL news. Maybe WB will take note and do a wider release on RNR.

Thanks for the article, really great news.

With all the hype on RnR and the poster contests, I am in unbelievable land that WB won't make the release in a wider range. Besides, I am greedy and want to see Gerry in this role. Like I don't want to see him in any other role!!! HAH, I want to see Gerry, ALL THE TIME!!!!! In ANYTHING!!!!! I'm being a good girl and not saying any more to that!

But, I am so disappointed about this limited release thingy. :tantrum: I WANT TO SEE MY GERRY! :tissues:

Your ever faithful Fan,

Joanna

Great article!!! WB should take a look at this and reconsider RNR!!! With all that WB is hearing about moving HP, they should give us RNR on a wider release!

Maybe WB will offer GB a GS (good script) sorry just dreaming. Good scripts do not equate into BLOCKBUSTERS for a week or two. It takes time to create word of mouth on some movies. WB is not in the waiting game, they have plenty of yuckie movies lined up. What rock did Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder come out from under?? Warners was a class Studio at one time that is before the "bottom line boys" came on board. TG there are the Cinema Art Centers.

Maybe WB will offer GB a GS (good script) sorry just dreaming. Good scripts do not equate into BLOCKBUSTERS for a week or two. It takes time to create word of mouth on some movies. WB is not in the waiting game, they have plenty of yuckie movies lined up. What rock did Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder come out from under?? Warners was a class Studio at one time that is before the "bottom line boys" came on board. TG there are the Cinema Art Centers.

I so agree with you....Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder?????? Now there's a couple of "blockbusters" waiting to happen....I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they are nominated this year! You know the new movies are so classy today don't cha think?...I don't get it. I think it's because of Nims PG rating that it is doing so well in the DVD status....didn't exactly break any records in the theaters though...Nope, just doesn't have the appeal like the two afore mentioned films!

Good news but for whom?

:wave: Frannie

:wave: Thank You Lopes! I asked them if I could make a statuette of Gerry as King Leonidas for a gift to him and a donation to Gals for auctioning off for his charity, "Kids Kicking Cancer" and any other charity the monies would be able to stretch to. The 'refused' me permission. Even though I would never have made any money for myself, they refused permission. So now it is just 'Gerry'.

So many F grade movies are out now and I am sick and tired of Gerry being left out of credits. Persay, "Nim's". No mention of him in the adverts. I hate it!!!!!!! And changing "Game" to the summer of '09, makes me so angry. I had my heart set on seeing Gerry in that movie in October as it was originally set to release around Halloween. Now, it is released whenever they darn well please to release it. I wouldn't count on it being released when they say now. What is it about our Gerry that gets him treated this way? Or is it the same for other actors and I just don't notice because I don't care about anyone except Gerry!!! Oh, I wil mention that it's being done to one other actor that I have noticed, Alex O'Laughlin, "Moonlight". That was a darn, darn good show and CBS didn't pick it back up!!!!! I hate CBS anyway and I only watch "Ghost Whisperer" now. Absolutely nothing else whatsoever on that channel.

I've babbled enough. Back to work on the 'Gerry'.

Hugs GAL,

Joanna