Gerard Butler GALS

TIFF Parties - Rock N Rolla After Party

:pointy:Wooohooooo had no idea there was even one planned here in Toronto, wonder if a certain someone will be popping in at all?

:whome2:

Found this on the net just a few minutes ago, thanks to my Gerry~dar!

Rock N Rolla After Party

Venue: The Boiler House

Hosted by: TIME Cinematic Events

Check the whole list of parties here....

TIFF 08 After Parties

Edited by bamms

:pointy:Wooohooooo had no idea there was even one planned here in Toronto, wonder if a certain someone will be popping in at all?

:whome2:

Found this on the net just a few minutes ago, thanks to my Gerry~dar!

Rock N Rolla After Party

Venue: The Boiler House

Hosted by: TIME Cinematic Events

Check the whole list of parties here....

TIFF 08 After Parties

I guess these are for the 'invited' guests only.... :(

If I remember correctly, these are 'industry' parties...they aren't for fans nor open to the general public...you have to have an invitation or be accompanying someone who is invited.

Some folks do 'crash' them, and there may be some legitimate way to get tickets (contests, as a 'filler', etc.) but they aren't 'open' events. ;)

Gerry's working when he attends such events, and while he enjoys his fans, and tries to be cordial, it would be putting him 'on the spot' to crash one!

If I remember correctly, these are 'industry' parties...they aren't for fans nor open to the general public...you have to have an invitation or be accompanying someone who is invited.

Some folks do 'crash' them, and there may be some legitimate way to get tickets (contests, as a 'filler', etc.) but they aren't 'open' events. ;)

Gerry's working when he attends such events, and while he enjoys his fans, and tries to be cordial, it would be putting him 'on the spot' to crash one!

Well of course, that's why I put the pouty face. !! LOL

yeah, but I figured I'd put in an 'official' word from Admin for anyone who might not know... :D

you can be sure if we find out about any 'contests' to win tickets for the Party or Premiere we'll post links!

:hug:

Usually they are private, there was one for a movie I went to see at the TIFF, it was held actually at a public place with patrons there, but it was in a separate section and no one not connected to the movie could get in.

Guest greyeyegoddess

I have to echo Moonie's thoughts. I've been to one-invited mind you, and unless you have some business reason to be there, being a fan, crashing a party, is looked down on. The last thing I want Gerry to recognize me for, is being a fan in a place I'm really not supposed to be. But that's just me.

~alice

:music:

Please no crashing GALS! Crashing a party to meet a celeb makes you look like a complete nutbar. We are much more sophisticated than that. Heaven forbid any of us are labelled "a stalker". Put those crazy thoughts out of your head.

Crashing. Here is a funny story that I will share relating to crashing where you are not wanted. I was 16 and me and my friends saw Brian Adams in concert. After the concert we were waiting for a parent to pick us up and ventured back into the stadium. The band was playing boot hockey on the ice rink. No Brian was not there...just the band. My friends started to freak out. They asked if Brian around and then proceeded to ask his lead guitarist if they could have the buttons off his shirt. Oh the humiliation! I just wanted to crawl into a big black hole and disappear. Honestly...they could have asked mom for buttons and claimed they came off Keith Scott's shirt. I just stood there silently while they went on and on. The lead guitarist looked at me and asked if I wanted his autograph and a kiss. Sure, why not. I remember one of my friends getting her autograph and starting to exit the ice rink only to fall flat on her arse. Classy exit! LOL!

:crack:

Guest DonnaKat

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. While I'm not condoning "crashing" by any means of the imagination, if the party is being held in a public place (aka a restaurant, bar, etc) and the public is not barred from entering the establishment, then that is not crashing. It could very well be that the "party" is in a secured area of the establishment, and accessible by invitation only. As long as people are abiding by the rules and not trying to enter a private 'invitation only' area, I see no harm in it.

And again, I'm not condoning crashing. I'm simply stating this so as not to scare the masses. There will be a lot of activity taking place in Toronto during this festival, and the chances are pretty good at least one of us is going to run into someone...whether it be on purpose or by accident. With that being said, you can't tell people they can't go eat somewhere, or go have a drink somewhere, simply because a 'celebrity' might show up. If they're public places, they're open to the public. If they're not open to the public, the people working those parties are quite capable of taking care of 'crashers'.

While I have never attended TIFF before this year, I have attended a lot of these types of events and it isn't uncommon to see celebrities mingling about. As long as one knows how to conduct themselves appropriately, there shouldn't be a problem.

Once again....another occasion I'll have to miss.... just can't afford the luxuries of traveling to all these festivities and just maybe by some slim chance of getting a quick peek of Gerry in the flesh! If I was wealthy it might be worth it...but right now my money has to go for real life things like mortgages, bills, bills and more bills! :tantrum: But for all those that are fortunate ......have a great time for the rest of us and of course I'm sure you will all conduct yourselves like the Gals that you are ....You always do! :D

:wave: Frannie

Guest DonnaKat

I hope this doesn't turn into a repeat of TIFF 2005.

Well I don't know...I wasn't around in '05, so I don't know exactly what happened nor can I comment on what happened. I do know that I have been to a LOT of events where actors have been in attendance, and have rubbed shoulders with a lot of them. I'm not saying that to brag - I'm simply stating that they're human beings just like the rest of us.

If certain fans don't know how to act in public, though, I'm sorry to say that no amount of lecturing here or anywhere else is going to change that. With that being said, I can't behave for everyone else. All I can do is conduct myself the same way I'd do in any given day - whether it be here at home around town, or on the job, or with my friends, etc. There are always going to be stalkers, and there are always going to be overzealous fans who don't know how to behave themselves, no matter who the celebrity is, what the event is, or where the celebrity happens to be. But I can't be responsible for them - nor will I let my own experience be tainted because of what others may have done in the past or might do in the future. I am going to TIFF to enjoy myself and have fun...and I would hope most if not all of you have enough faith in me to know that I would not do anything to taint my reputation or that of my friends.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Very well said, Donna, as usual. If it's a public event, I have no problem. I don't mean to lecture. Lord knows I'm hardly the person to do something like that.

Private is private, although there are always those fans who find that private interprets as 'challenge'.

Have fun, that's what I say!

~alice

:music:

Unfortunately some us do remember what happened at TIFF 2005, so it's only natural that those fans who do remember get a little nervous and hope the main event is well away from the general public. Sadly, poor behavior by a few fans that night made things very uncomfortable for Gerry, so lets hope things go more smoothly for everyone this year!

I hope all you GALS and fans lucky enough to attend have a wonderful time, and I can't wait to hear what you think of the film!

Swannie

Donna

You have pretty much said everything I was thinking. Yes I do believe there are probably some over zelous fans out there who maybe get too excited but don't mean to cause harm and there are those who will go all out to get what they want and spoil it for everyone - I've seen it at the Golden Globes there are some women who will do anything to get into those parties!!!!!!!!.

If I ever get an opportunity to properly meet Gerry and not just see him from afar I believe I am a good judge on guaging when to back off and leave well alone.

From my experience with celebdom and not just Gerry but following various bands or other actors it is the "norm" to hang about outside premieres, hotels, and after parties if you know where they happen. More often than not the after parties are in public venues but partially or completely closed that night to non invited guests. I would never in a million years attempt to try and gatecrash but if it is easy to get to I see no harm in going for a look. The papz will be outside so the celebs will be expecting people there - you just have to guage their mood whether they are approachable or you just maybe snap from afar.

With much respect it has been spoken about so many times on GALS the Dos and Donts of being a Gerry fan that I know what is appropraite and when you've crossed that line but I appreciate you're all just looking out for our welfare and that of Gerry's, we promise we wont give GALS or Gerry fans in general a bad name. I've read alot of the stories on Dot.Net about what happened at TIFF in 05 at the theatre etc and how alot of fans just seemed to corner him etc and how some got into the party who maybe should not have and how scary it got but there were also some great stories from fans who did seem to show their respect and got a wonderful Gerry moment.

Moira

Edited by framolamdu
Guest DonnaKat

Unfortunately some us do remember what happened at TIFF 2005, so it's only natural that those fans who do remember get a little nervous and hope the main event is well away from the general public. Sadly, poor behavior by a few fans that night made things very uncomfortable for Gerry, so lets hope things go more smoothly for everyone this year!

"Fans" aren't the only ones who attempt to crash industry parties, and Gerry isn't the only celebrity that's going to be at TIFF. I'm sorry to say this ladies, but we can't control the masses - no matter how "concerned" we are for Gerry. That's what security and volunteers and handlers are for. Again, I don't know all the details of what happened three years ago, I don't need to, nor do I care. But I'm sure it wasn't the first time Gerry had to deal with bad behavior, and I'm sure it certainly wasn't the last. Gerry's a big boy, and he can take care of himself.

And for the record, Gerry isn't the only one who has been mistreated by rude people. I have been places where I have been groped, inappropriately touched, followed, and made to feel very uncomfortable too, and guess what...those people are still walking around in public. I may run into them again, or others like them. ;)

But anyway, enough of that....those of you who are going, I'm looking forward to seeing you next weekend! :wave:

Edited by DonnaKat

Please, I've been to DVD signings that people acted totally inappropriately toward "stars" the word is BOUNDARIES and some just don't realize that they exist. It's like they ruin it for everyone, you just want to say, what in the hell are you thinking???? that's why some people are really hesitant as far as even giving autographs, and I don't blame them in the least for it.

I was at the 2003 TIFF I went all the way there just to see one particular movie and did and got to meet the person I went to see that movie for..and because of my freakish luck, I wasn't even trying to meet him, I think I was the only one there NOT trying to meet him because I didn't want to bother him--that obviously wasn't the case with everyone else...when I was leaving the theater he was directly behind me.

Edited by moonglow

My sincere apologizes to anyone. I think I have offended a few of you with my comments. I did not intend to give anyone a lecture on party crashing...it was simply a personal opinion. I am the type of person who speaks my mind...sometimes putting my foot in along the way...but I can't help it...it is genetic...I was raised that way and I can not help it. So...if I offended anyone by my words...please accept accept my humble apologies. I hope all those going to TIFF have a wonderful time!

"Fans" aren't the only ones who attempt to crash industry parties, and Gerry isn't the only celebrity that's going to be at TIFF. I'm sorry to say this ladies, but we can't control the masses - no matter how "concerned" we are for Gerry. That's what security and volunteers and handlers are for. Again, I don't know all the details of what happened three years ago, I don't need to, nor do I care. But I'm sure it wasn't the first time Gerry had to deal with bad behavior, and I'm sure it certainly wasn't the last. Gerry's a big boy, and he can take care of himself.

And for the record, Gerry isn't the only one who has been mistreated by rude people. I have been places where I have been groped, inappropriately touched, followed, and made to feel very uncomfortable too, and guess what...those people are still walking around in public. I may run into them again, or others like them. ;)

But anyway, enough of that....those of you who are going, I'm looking forward to seeing you next weekend! :wave:

You are the bomb DK - I hope you have one of the greatest weekends of your life. You deserve some time to yourself and I wish I was going to have an Ice tea with you. I just played golf yesterday with a girl from Toronto and she said that it was one of the greatest events she had ever went to and suggested I try to meet her there next year.

Have a great weekend and enjoy yourself.

Hugs,

Dawn