Gerard Butler GALS

My review-Nim's

SouthernGirl28

Let me start by saying I saw it for the first time tonight and I adore it :)

I love seeing Gerry in double roles!

Jack to me was the determined father to get back to his child. I think Gerry works so well with kids. The reunion scene was so cute :wuv:

Alex, well what is there to say but have mercy he's HOT!!! I was thinking another word but I want to keep it PG-13 ;) Gerry as Aex was drool worthy!

It was a great purchase on my part :)

April

Let me start by saying I saw it for the first time tonight and I adore it :)

I love seeing Gerry in double roles!

Jack to me was the determined father to get back to his child. I think Gerry works so well with kids. The reunion scene was so cute :wuv:

Alex, well what is there to say but have mercy he's HOT!!! I was thinking another word but I want to keep it PG-13 ;) Gerry as Aex was drool worthy!

It was a great purchase on my part :)

April

Welcome to my Jack obsession . . .

:jack: :wuv:

Oh I see why you have a Jack obsession ;) I love Gerry playing the father figure especially here he's so determined to get back to her!

My Jack is not the one you find in the movie . . . he is actually a hot, sexy, studly, highly sexual being in love with a woman named Shayna. :D

Lisa

Doesn't Alex just make you wanna do something illegal in singapore? :thud: watched it on the plane with my daughter yesterday, and let me say, even on the little screen he made my skin tingle.

Dawn, it's all about Jack for me. Besides, Susan had dibs on Alex a long time ago. :lol:(just kidding) You know those quiet nerds . . . they're the best lovers!

April, yes it is. I was writing a fan fic about Jack but it has turned into something I'm hoping to get published so he's no longer Jack (don't get me started or I'll just lose it - AGAIN). Well, he'll ALWAYS be my Jack.

Lisa

:lol: although i will share Alex (cuz I have to :D ) But I claimed him back in December :lol: Once I rework my story I wrote in the Pub back in Feb. to stand alone I'll post it in the FF area.

Swoon. Love Alex and those pants, And the whip. Oh and the wit. I could go on and on. :rotflmao:

:lol: although i will share Alex (cuz I have to :D ) But I claimed him back in December :lol: Once I rework my story I wrote in the Pub back in Feb. to stand alone I'll post it in the FF area.

Swoon. Love Alex and those pants, And the whip. Oh and the wit. I could go on and on. :rotflmao:

Now, I'm not saying he's not hot as Alex - oh contraire. In fact, my favorite Alex moment . . . when he first appears to Alexandra in that doorway . . . HOLY FREAKIN' MOLY those legs take up the entire screen! And I love hearing his natural accent as Alex. Oh, and hearing him say the word "come" always get to me. :D

Let's face it . . . Gerry could stand in front of an audience and watch paint dry and we would think it was the sexiest moment of our lives.

Lisa

Now, I'm not saying he's not hot as Alex - oh contraire. In fact, my favorite Alex moment . . . when he first appears to Alexandra in that doorway . . . HOLY FREAKIN' MOLY those legs take up the entire screen! And I love hearing his natural accent as Alex. Oh, and hearing him say the word "come" always get to me. :D

Let's face it . . . Gerry could stand in front of an audience and watch paint dry and we would think it was the sexiest moment of our lives.

Lisa

:funnyup: I think I'm a little pickier than that. okay maybe not. :rotflmao:

Seriously though I think I prefer alex in the movie cuz he just seems to me to be more natural. And yeah those legs. When he slides down that wall. :thud:

And yes Miss Landa! six more days until I get kids free days!!! Woo FREAKIN Hoo!

Edited by DawnS

Nim's wasnt my kind of movie but Im glad you liked it.

Dawn, Im still waiting on your Alex. *taps foot* He was such a lovely addition down there.

okay I admit it. This went past me the first time I read it. :rotflmao: I have proof!!! You like my Alex!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHA

Lisa

Amen Lisa!!!

Could I read some of your writing sometime??

Alex was definitely HOT!!

I don't write fan fic but ladies, I claimed Alex the day his first picture appeared in public, which was in early November last year.

Posted Image

I've had the 8x10 of that picture on my desk since the day after it came out, and for the Phantom Pheast (in November, last year) I printed out a 4x6 version for everyone who attended - and that was only about 2 days after the picture appeared. I was also the first on this site to have an Alex siggy - also done the night the first picture was seen.

Posted Image

In addition, I was part of the campaign (yes, it was an official campaign) back in 2005 to try to get George Lucas and Steven Spielberg to see Gerry as a possible brother for Indiana Jones. The evidence is below.

Posted Image

And here was the first Alex Rover mop boy avatar (made by me)

Posted Image

And here I was with my guy at my birthday this year.

Posted Image

Not that Jack isn't also a sexy hunk of burning manhood too - in fact I'd love myself an Alex-Jack hero manwich.

Posted Image

And there is the very special Alex vs Jack siggy which Frannie made for me:

Posted Image

Luckily I'm generous and I share, but I was the FIRST to claim Alex, and all my friends know it - don't you??

Hey April, I'm reworking ( ALOT) stuff i wrote in the Pub to make it a stand alone story and take out other Gerry characters. It will be posting soon in the over 18 fan fic section. Something about that character just grabbed me before i saw one trailer. Hot, sexy, confident, funny. *shiver* I need to go write some more :D I'll let ya know when it's up.

Edited by DawnS

• 1 month later...

Hi. I just wanted to post some things.

Nim's Island opens in Sweden on October 10. I plan on seeing it then.

Today I saw a one page advert for this film in a big weekly magazine here in Sweden.

It was nice to see that advert, of a movie with Gerry, in a Swedish magazine.

In Swedish it's called "Nim och den hemliga ön", and that means something like "Nim and the secret island".

Btw, the PS. I Love You DVD is selling well in Sweden.

I'm gonna reply to this thread again, but now to write out my sorrow and disappointment. *kicks* *cries* *swears*

I checked the listings for movies for this Friday.

Loos like they won't show Nim's in my home town. Nearest is Stockholm (35 KM) but then

it will be dubbed in to Swedish :tantrum:

If only they showed the original at certain times. But no.

Now I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD here. In another 5 or 6 months. *grrr*

Edited by musicalcat

• 3 weeks later...

Yay!

This week the film is showing at the cinema in my home town, with original language. Not dubbed. :pointy:

Today was the only day I had the time to see it. It was only on at 15:45.

I went with my mother.

We both liked the film very much. We think it was cute and funny. My mother even cried. I knew it would end well, so I didn't worry ;)

This evening I'll think about Jack, and being on that island ;)