Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 57th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 12 floors to go to reach 69 again!

While we know Gerry is soon heading to London and then Toronto for the RocknRolla premieres we've been getting quite a lot of coverage of his time in New York, so I think that puts us all in a New York State of Mind. So let's wish Gerry safe travels and a quick return to his new adopted hometown in the Big Apple.

clicky-clicky for the big apple!

Posted Image

Not quite what I had in mind, but OK!

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Highrise #2 Floor #52 - Follow Your Purpose

Highrise #2 Floor #53 - GALS turns 3!!

Highrise #2 Floor #54 - GALS turns 3 -The Sequel

Highrise #2 Floor #55 - Summer Lovin'

Highrise #2 Floor #56 - Music of the Night

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frannie, I didn't get a chance to second, third or fourth what Suzie said...but PLEASE go to the doctor! Even if it isn't high blood pressure and is such stress that it is causing you to have dizzy spells...stress is a killer my friend. Frannie, can't you see a lawyer about that? I mean isn't there some kind of disclosure clause when you bought the bar? I know there is here in CA...if you purposely withhold negative information about a property you are selling than you are libel....

Jennipher, she is growing so fast!!

Gerry, have a wonderful safe trip and come home soon (and if you want to stop over in Northern CA (preferably Redding) while you're out and about...you would be most welcome!!)

hugs to everyone.

love,

Sue

oh...Peggy, thanks sweetie :kiss:

Edited by irish

I was reading a old book about New York viex from the sky ... Pictures by Yann Arthus Bertrand .. .So ... I was in the mood !

I watch, at last, PSILY, on sale in France yesterday, and I dreamed all the night.

About dreams ... Happy anniversary M. Dream, Martin Luther King. Here in France, we study at school the speach he made August 28th 1963. It's the good date. So ... I have a dream too.

Happy good day !

Bénédicte

Jennipher, I love your family pics! What sweet little ones, and big guy ain't so bad either! :lol:

Susan, I think that apple pic from 300 is pairfect... it's like Gerry is taking a bite outta The Big Apple!

Hope he feels well-rested before he hits the nomad lifestyle of a film star once again.

Hugs to all of you!

:hearts:

Katie

Hi, Y'all I am sorry I am just now posting in here. I just do not feel like everyone's posts so I am going to give a generic shout out to the whole lot of you. Sorry about that. May God Help any of you that stand in need of something have it is my prayer. I love you all. I also had to be a dedicated fan to my Mr. Stephen Nichols aka Steve Johnson/Patch Days Of Our Lives fandom. I reckon someone bought me a membership in his fan club again and he is so nice and writes personal notes to us and signs our birthday cards and stuff too.

I don't cheat on Gerry with Stephen. I cheat on Stephen with Gerry. I have been Stephen's fan since '85 pr '86.

Lot of you older ladies like me will remember Steve and Kayla from Days. By older I mean past 45.

Actually Stephen has fans of all ages just like Gerry. He just has not been as successful as Gerry career wise.

Love all of so very much.

Tracy :kiss:

P.S. This made my day too. The Jen and Gerry fan I am. I write them in all my fan fics except my Steve and Kayla ones.

Posted Image

and LOL :wuv: of course I see that the beautiful Emmy Rossum is also in the picture.

I adore her as well. What a talent she is!

Posted Image

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Hi everyone!

Tracy, how are you doing sweetie...I'm praying that everything goes alright with Dennis' surgery.

Benedicte, I think it is so wonderful that your students study Martin Luther King's "I have a Dream" speech....I myself think it ranks up there with Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and some of our forefathers documents.....but to know it is studied and appreciated in France is very nice...thank you sweetie.

hugs and love,

Sue

I am very nervous and worried as is Hubby and my head hurts at the moment and I bet, Sue if you were sitting here feeling like me right now. You would never mention your pain as you just aren't the whiny woe is me type. I wish I were more like you.

Love to all eternally,

Tracy :kiss::wuv:

Tracy - I thought of you when I saw that picture of Jennifer with Gerry. One really cool thing about being a fan of soap stars (like Stephen Nichols) is from most of them you do get personalized cards, notes, letters and goodies like that. I was a soap opera fan from 40 years back, but in 2001 got serious about it and started joining fan clubs and attending fan events. There really are no friendlier and more appreciative people in the entertainment business than those who work in soaps, and Stephen Nichols is among them. I've met him a few times - twice when he was appearing in live productions at small local theaters and at General Hospital fan club events (during that span when he was playing Stefan Cassadine). They tried to rekindle the Patch and Kayla magic with him and Mary Beth Evans on GH but the writers never did them justice. I kind of miss going to those events, they were fun (but expensive!!!)

Hey Frannie, I have a dear, dear friend (one who used to go to those soap opera weekends with me) who is about to settle in Raleigh, NC. I can't remember - is that where you are? She's originally a New Yorker too and I bet you two would enjoy meeting one another. She's a dear lady - the first real-life friend I made from an on-line message board back in 2001. Since then we've stayed in touch though she and her husband moved away from California less than 6 months after we met. When they were living in New Mexico we went there and stayed with them a few times and had a great time! Now we look forward to visiting them in NC once they settle in. They've been traveling all over the country for the past year with a big fifth wheel trailer, and now it is time to get a home and settle down near her daughter's family.

:wave: everyone! I've been enjoying having my daughter home for a visit from California this week. She came in on Sunday and is going back to Irvine on Monday. Her internship is over. Unfortunately, it didn't result in a full-time job. Now she plans to move to Los Angeles and look for a job. She has enough money saved to stay for a few months, and of course, we'll help her financially until she gets something. It's really tough for new college grads to get work these days!

:menkilt:

Good evening one and all.

Although I send lots of positive thoughts and love out to all who have needs (wow, two days ago --- what was with the universe? Sunspots? universal bad bio-rhythms? holes in the ozone???), :inshade: it certainly sounds if as if we are having a collectively better day today. For that I am grateful for everyone -- and LET'S KEEP IT UP as we move into the this weekend here.

:hearts:

Jenniper! Turning over already --- wow! Sign her up for the Olympics in 16 years and LET'S ALL GO! Book it Dano! Yeah for Sophia!

:penguin:

From floods, tropical depressions, oppressive heat, fires, and searing doubts, oh Lord, keep us safe.

:metoyou:

Lots of love to all, Jill

Hello Gals! How art thou tonight?

I would just like to state here and now that I wore a shirt to work today unbuttoned by two buttons at top and bottom ...

I know! Wasn't I daring?

My life is full of wonderfully, simple and silly things.

Posted Image

:funnyup: Oh so VERRA!!! :lmao:

ETA: Crikey...! I've passed 5000 posts... :bonk:

Edited by NordicGirl

Good morning GALS!! Shyte we're in another thread already?? Gawd I miss alot!!

*Gives EM a kick in the arse then runs!*

http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh2t1.jpg

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q332/Li...6/Jyrki6985.jpg

http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q332/Li...rkiandJussi.jpg

Remember real men wear pink XD

http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr285/t...anBnXkFtZTc.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh235/h...KIEJRSPEECH.jpg

Sending bites and kisses chicas!!

Paige :wave:

Hello Everyone. I wanted to stop in and say hi.I feel like I have been run over by a Mac Truck today.

I just want to go back to bed, but I am babysitting and Hyrum demands attention. He is so cute. If all kids loved Nim's Island as much as he does. Millions of DVDs would be sold. I love all of you and wish you all happiness and love. Stealing Tiny Tim's Line again.

God Bless You Everyone!

Love Always,

Tracy :pointy::kiss::wuv::wave:

P.S. Isn't that line run over by a Mac Truck so presumptuous. I mean for goodness sakes. Has anyone that has ever really been run over by a Mac Truck lived to tell it and if they have I would imagine they would say it hurts worse than I do at the moment.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy