Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Avivid Mind

Gerry's East Coast Gals

Hi everyone, I'm in Monroeville PA...Pittsburgh area. Winters here are long and gray, but I love the Fall. Hi to all my neighbors!!! :wave:

~Wendy

I told ya, he's a vampire, I'm outside the minute the sun goes down with steaks strapped to me and a whole lot of orange juice near by so I can replenish the supply. ;)

:funnyup:

Hi all Northeasters! I'm from Rockaway Township about 30 miles out of NYC. I'd love to see some of you join us at Gerry's 4th annual Birthday Bash on October 25th. So glad you started this thread! I'm a true Jersey Girl...born and bred. Hi Marianne and Ronnie!

Have to tell you I've been in NYC when Gerry's there and have yet to see hide nor hair of him...sniff...

Marg

:yay::wuv:

Edited by Dragon Slayer

Hi Gals. I'm from Monroe, NC where the weather is now gorgeous, fall approaching, the bar-be-que is the best, and all southern girls are warm and friendly. The Panthers should be great this year, I hear. I'm of course a fan, but I don't go to the games. I'm waiting for Gerry to do a race car movie, since Charlotte is the home of Nascar, and I live about 25 miles away, and have worked in the Charlotte area all of my working life. Anyone ever in the area, call me up and we'll get together. Hope to see some of ya'll real soon.

Sandy

Hi Gals..........

I'm from Fall River Massachusetts......just about 50 miles south of Boston, 1 hour from Cape Cod and 20 minutes to Providence R.I.

:metoyou:

I had no idea we had so many eastern gals!

Hello! and Welcome! Everyone! :wave:

This is GREAT because were all on the same time zone! :lol:

Hi all Northeasters! I'm from Rockaway Township about 30 miles out of NYC. I'd love to see some of you join us at Gerry's 4th annual Birthday Bash on October 25th. So glad you started this thread! I'm a true Jersey Girl...born and bred. Hi Marianne and Ronnie!

Have to tell you I've been in NYC when Gerry's there and have yet to see hide nor hair of him...sniff...

Marg

:yay::wuv:

Gerry's playing Hide and Seek.

:funnyup: One of my favorite games.

We all must be playing Needle In A Haystack.

Gerry just can't seem to find us.

:wave: We're all at GALS......................

:tantrum: Next time you feel like playing Gerry make sure it's the same game.

:lalala: Boys will be boys!

{Just joking around here}

Okay New Yorker's I'm relaying on you to point me in the right direction.

My husband and I have been thinking about bringing the girls to New York City.

What's the best way to do it. Drive or Bus?

What are some of those "you can leave without seeing" spots?

We've been in New York many a times but never have come to New York City.

Oh and don't leave out family friendly places to eat?

If age matters youngest child is 4.

Avivid where are you coming from? Sorry about asking if you've already posted about it...I'm behind.

I take the train from Boston, if you're coming from that direction.

Okay New Yorker's I'm relaying on you to point me in the right direction.

My husband and I have been thinking about bringing the girls to New York City.

What's the best way to do it. Drive or Bus?

What are some of those "you can leave without seeing" spots?

We've been in New York many a times but never have come to New York City.

Oh and don't leave out family friendly places to eat?

If age matters youngest child is 4.

I don't go into NYC with children, but there are lots of friendly places to go with them. There are the usual tourist restaurants...I've been to Planet Hollywood and Juniors where children are more than welcome. I would try to see a show...Lion King is wonderful and I hear Mary Poppins is great. The Museum of Natural History, FAO Schwarz. I'm trying to think of places where my grandsons have gone on family trips. They've gone to Madame Tussaud's and the ESPN center. Just to be in Times Square itself is amazing for an out-of-towner. There are also the double-decker busses to sightsee.

I don't know where you are coming from, but I normally take either the bus or train. From the north the train comes into Grand Central, bus from anywhere comes into Port Authority and Penn Station from the west or south. I wouldn't drive into NYC for a million dollars, but I have friends who do (luckily).

:wave:

I would Google things to do with children in NYC...lots of stuff will come up, I'm sure. Oh, and bring lots of money...NYC is expensive.

Edited by Dragon Slayer

We're in Pennsylvania. I think it would be a good experience for the girls. As we live in a small country town where everyone knows everybody and they try as they may to keep time standing still here.You have the Pennsylvania Dutch Communities right down the road everyone says hello in passing. It's very hard for companies to come into the area as they try to keep it local family owned shops. So the visit alone to New York City would be an experience just seeing everything. As I said before we do alot of our shopping in New York as we live on the border of the two states and one of the favorite things the girls love are the big movie plazas as our town still to this day has the very same small town movie theater that I went to as a child and well before my time when cars of the 50 and 60's were parked on the main strip and beehive hair styles were in. I'm now on first name based with teachers I called Mr or Mrs and I take the girls Halloweens to the very same teachers I went too. My favorite the science teacher, he really puts on a show.

So all input is welcome. I like taking the girls to different places. They really want to see the statue of liberty so we might end up driving and making this a weekend trip away.

I don't do too much touristy things there..but I think the Statue of Liberty is open again to the public, there's central park and also I love Washington Square, the arch that is in so many movies right where Soho and the East Village begins..right by NYU

Hi Gals..........

I'm from Fall River Massachusetts......just about 50 miles south of Boston, 1 hour from Cape Cod and 20 minutes to Providence R.I.

:metoyou:

:wave: Hi! Haven't seen you in this neck of the woods in forever! Are you and AnnofIreland going to NYC this year?

(I'm still thinking about it. Have another trip to make in October.)

So all input is welcome. I like taking the girls to different places. They really want to see the statue of liberty so we might end up driving and making this a weekend trip away.

I just took my nieces to see The Little Mermaid on Broadway. Great show...they were mesmerized. I would recommend it.

Not sure if there are tickets available for the next few weeks but you could try. You can also go the Marriott Marquis I believe

it is on Times Square which now sells the two for one tickets for that day's matinee. It opens at 10 or 11 and you stand in

line and they'll have a list of what plays are available for that day.

There's a big Toys R Us by Times Square with a ferris wheel inside. Usually I stay away from there only because it's so

crowded inside. Might not be bad around this time of year...but at Christmas time..you want to steer clear of it!

I've never heard of Prince Island? What's it like?

Prince Edward Island. Located way up North of the States by Canada.

Just a beautiful place. Have you ever seen Anne of Green Gables?

That's Prince Edward Island.

Definately a place on my list to go.

I saw the movie, collected the whole series and just long to see it for myself.

I just Googled it! It reminds me of Cape Cod!

Have you ever been there?

Hi Gals..........

Hi Cinderella,

We are neighbors....LOL. I live in Seekonk....15 minutes from Fall River....10 minutes from Providence, R.I.

Zany....Prince Edward Island is so very beautiful! I went there years ago and is truly one of the most lovely places. BTW...I will be in New Hampshire this weekend...going to the Scottish Highland Games up at Loon Mountain. Might you be going?

Marg...Hoping to get to NYC for the Gerry birthday bash.

Hugs, Linda

Edited by Poppy

Zany....Prince Edward Island is so very beautiful! I went there years ago and is truly one of the most lovelyest places. BTW...I will be in New Hampshire this weekend...going to the Scottish Highland Games up at Loon Mountain. Might you be going?

It's this weekend?!!!

Oooo! Thanks for letting me know...I'm gonna check in to it right now!

:hugs:

zany

My boss used to go to Loon Mountain every year for those Games...she and her husband were directly from Scotland and lived for them!

moonie,

I heard it's one of the largest gatherings on the east coast. I'll be in NH for the weekend. Are you going?

zany,

What did you think of the NH Highland Games site? I think it looks like a great time.

Hugs, Linda