Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Avivid Mind

Gerry's East Coast Gals

Let's go really south to North Carolina. Asheville to be exact, beautiful mountains and some great places for his next movie with Jen!

Giny (Sassenach)

DairyQueen be careful on those Cruise ships I hear a lot of weird things happen stay safe xoxo

These infectious things come about because of bad hygiene and the way some farmers keep animals clustered together on farms

in filthy conditions and germs spread from there. I hope they get this under check as soon as possible because so many lives lost

already!

I beg to differ, at least in the case of the United States. The USDA keeps VERY STRICT regulations on all livestock raised and sold in the U.S.

I don't pretend to know everything there is about this, but to say it's caused from 'bad hygiene' and filthy conditions is like saying people get sick and contract diseases because they have bad hygiene. :spit:

And on a personal note, farmers are stewards of the land and feed the world. It goes against their nature to harm animals or the land. I know because I'm married to a farmer. :wuv: He sure don't do it for the money, I can assure you! :spit:

The way I understand this outbreak is that it initially came from Mexico. The school kids in NYC who have it had just returned from a trip to Mexico. Two people in Scotland have it because they just returned from Mexico. Of course then it can spread to others who have been in contact with them.

They recommend frequent hand washing and use of hand sanitizer. I believe people are panicking over this when it isn't really necessary. They have plenty of flu meds on hand in most countries.

Cruise ships are not putting in at Mexican ports. People are being warned against flying to Mexico. They've been really hard hit.

:unsure:

Hi, I'm from upstate New York...and keep kicking myself for never crossing the border and heading north for the Toronto film festival. I'm new to Gerry-fandom and now am ashamed that I never paid attention to the times the local papers listed him as one of the expected celebrities.

Anyhow, nice to "meet" some east coast gals.