Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Perrin

9/3 - The tormented torso

This article just broke my heart... I have seen how much he is hating the razzi and all of the fuss over him... you can see it in his eyes. He looks so angry lately.

Maybe it is just me... But I usually have a good sense of reading faces... I think it is all of the portraits that I have done, where all I do is study the details of the human face, especially the eyes. You get to see things that others miss. Now, it is just a habit of mine to look deep into someones face and read them. I have been told by many that I am rather accurate.

I just see so much pain when I look into his eyes... Even when he is smiling... it is there.

Sorry to get so detailed. Just speaking my heart.

I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away from it all. And I wouldn't blame him. He seems so sad.

Gerry, I wish you all the happiness in the world... I send you love, and Angels to guide you!

NanLynn Darling you and I notice the same things. I also have recently noticed the sad eyes, even when he is smiling! Bless his heart, I'm sure all this paparazzi stuff is really wearing on him. I sure hope that our sweet Gerry smiles again with smiling eyes real soon! I hope that he takes a nice long break to rest and relax too....he sure has been running around a lot lately and I just worry about his health.

Blessings and love,

Elizabeth

First, Mo, I wasn't saying you were flaming anyone, anymore than I was saying you posted graphic content that is in violation of this site's policies. I was merely offering an example of other types of sites which have rules or guidelines different from those of this site, just like there are sites which do not allow paparazzi pictures.

Since you didn't seem to see where you were disrespectful I will point out the wording that caused me to take issue as being a judgment of the decisions and opinions of others rather than just a statement of your opinion - which is disrespectful.

C'mon, gals ~ who are we kidding? Some of us really don't care about the man like we pretend to. We tend to treat him as an object for our own amusement or fantasy fulfillment! He's a REAL person, for goodness' sake! Why can't we just give him a wee bit of respect and forget about our own needs in this one area? It's not like we'll never see him again! If you need to see these disrespectful pictures of him, you know that there are tons of celebrity gossip sites where you can find the pictures ~ they don't have to be posted here. Why can't we show Gerry Butler that we truly appreciate him by our responsible actions rather than just our words of adoration? It's really not so difficult to take a stand against the paps for the sake of our Gerry!

This entire passage is calling out others for their opinion. On this site we ask people to state their OWN opinion without faulting the opinion or viewpoint of others. So the clear deliniation is that you are more than free to state your opinion that you dislike paparazzi pictures, you can even say that you wish they weren't on this site or any other site, because that is your opinion. But when opinion turns to judgment, stating that OTHER members of this site "really don't care abot the man like we pretend to" you have gone beyond stating your opinion and are making a presumptuous judgment call about the thoughts and actions of this site's owner, administrators and moderators as well as those members who are in agreement with the site policies. THAT is what is not acceptable here. No we don't HAVE to post paparazzi pictures, we don't HAVE to post any pictures, in fact we don't even HAVE to exist as a site, but we do, and those are the guidelines by which we choose to exist, and we are comfortable with that decision. You can choose not to like that decision, but telling us we don't care about Gerry as a person if our opinion differs from yours is not being respectful to those whose opinion is not the same as yours. We respect your opinion and your right to it, so you need to respect ours as well. It is a two-way street.

Going on to state that our guidelines are based on "rationalizations" maybe so, but so are yours. You have rationalized that Gerry would be upset, or feel disrespected, or unhappy that we allow some paparazzi pictures to be posted here. Unless you happen to be Gerry himself you are no more in tune to his opinions and feelings on the matter than I am - but I do trust that the owner of this site who does speak to him and his people from time to time has more valid insight to his feelings on the matter than the rest of us might.

I hope that clarified our position. If you still don't understand the difference, or how the guidelines are developed and applied on this site, please feel free to PM me for further discussion of the matter.

Thank you, Susan for your clarification. I'm humbled and I'm very sorry I offended you and others. I'm a newbie here and wasn't aware of the kinds of things that can and cannot be said. I'm perfectly willing to follow the guidelines the owner and administrators have set up for this site ~ and I hope I'm still welcome.

MoAnamCara

Thank you, Susan for your clarification. I'm humbled and I'm very sorry I offended you and others. I'm a newbie here and wasn't aware of the kinds of things that can and cannot be said. I'm perfectly willing to follow the guidelines the owner and administrators have set up for this site ~ and I hope I'm still welcome.

MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara - of course you are still welcome! I hope you continue to post on the boards. :wave:

Without a doubt, you are Very welcome here on GALS. We do express our feelings and opinions here. and although opinions do differ, most of us are respectful of Gerry and of each other.

I hope you will enjoy getting to know more about Gerry and all the other GALS here.

Swannie

Welcome to GALS! Nothing like coming in with a bang! :welcome:

That's the beautiful thing about GALS, Mo. We are of the mind that if we were all the same, how boring things would be. The most important thing is our love and respect for Gerry. :whome2:

Lisa