Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
framolamdu

My RocknRolla Toronto Pics

Moira, I am so thrilled for you!!! What a wonderful story! That's it, girl, next time I am around you, I am sticking like glue!! Don't forget, Elissa and I will be in Scotland next year in August and we are gonna be looking for you!

Edited by Texas gramma

Guest DonnaKat

That's it, girl, next time I am around you, I am sticking like glue!!

She and I were joined at the hip all weekend and it didn't work for me. And sure enough, the minute I leave for home she sees him. I mean, I just freakin' left Toronto late that morning (my flight was at 12:45). And to top it off, I had nothing but hell trying to get home. Who knows, maybe I'm the bad luck person. Me going home was probably the best thing that could have happened for anybody.

I think I'm just going to stay here and never go anywhere again. You all will probably thank me for it.

Donna you know we love you and always want you here or at least I do. I REALLY wish more of us had been there I really do as we've had such fun this weekend and it would have been great to experience it all together - even though I always wanted a personal no other fan encounter I still wish the GALS I'm close to had also been there. Last night was a highlight of my weekend with Michael Fassbender because he was so nice to us. I really do not believe any fans we bumped into had known Gerry was staying there or the place would have been decked out with obvious fans. I'm glad it appears he had a hassle free stay.

Moira :wave:

Moira.........I am very happy for you Sweetie and the picture is pure GOLDEN! G looks happy and you look glowingly happy....Gee I wonder why! :cunning: Anyway...thanks for sharing your story with us and there are so many of us that are hoping someday we'll get that same chance encounter! In the meantime enjoy that cloud your on and relish every minute of it!

:wave: Frannie

Moira.........I am very happy for you Sweetie and the picture is pure GOLDEN! G looks happy and you look glowingly happy....Gee I wonder why! Anyway...thanks for sharing your story with us and there are so many of us that are hoping someday we'll get that same chance encounter! In the meantime enjoy that cloud your on and relish every minute of it!

Well said Frannie!!! Enjoy....Moira!!!

Hugs, Linda

Sweet Moira,

Everything they :funnyup: said without the funny part!!! I am so happy for you and terribly, terribly, jealous!!! Just kidding! I really am so happy for you and if I get my wish come true, I am coming to Glasgow in October of 2009 for the convention there. I hope I meet you, if not at the convention, then at least to meet you. It's all dependent on my ability to walk real well! My son may come with me and his girlfriend. Not to the convention, but to see Scotland.

Yep! Gerry is still an awesome man! I am so glad he still is as beautiful as ever and he is under so much stress and he still has time for us real fans. I saw the video of that idiot woman squeezing Gerry's cheek!!! OMG! I was so mad, if I had been there, I'd have hit her with my cane. Or at least tripped her!!!! I am so glad to see that Gerry doesn't kow tow to the idiots that try to command him. He is still the most wonderful man I have ever heard, seen and fell totally in love with. It's almost my twelve year anniversary of loving this Hot Scot!!!!! Although Gerry won't know it, I am going to celebrate quietly by myself on the 13Th of November!!! His Birthday and my anniversary!!! His birthday is on Thursday this year and I am going to make brownies and celebrate with them and milk!!! It works for me!

Love to Ya Babe, :kisswink:

Jo

Hope you had a grand time as always!! :)

Looks like you had a good seat from the photos, and that poor G got mobbed from the latter photos!

Wish I was able to join in some of the fun too, guess I'll just have to live vicariously through you Moira!!

:hearts:

Bella

ETA: I just got to the post with your photo with Gerry sweetie! OMG! :wuv: I could not have wished a better moment for a nicer person!! (Well, maybe one like it for myself, but that will just have to wait a few years.)

I saved the photo for my scrapbook, you look beautiful and all glow-y! I'd give you a big old hug if I could!!

I bet Lisa will have a photo with him like that soon as well.

Again, my best to you and everyone who attended!!

~B

Edited by bellawolfe

Moira I'm so happy that you FINALLY got to meet him! That must have been so special! A hometown lass coming all that way to meet a hometown lad. Well done GAL!! Thank you for sharing the great picture! :pointy: :pointy:

I bet Lisa will have a photo with him like that soon as well.

From your fingers/lips to God's ears . . . :wuv: But I agree, I couldn't be happier that it happened to Moira!!

:pointy:I am so happy for you Moira what a souvenir! By the way what Hotel did he stay in? I would have thought it would be the Royal York? Wish I could have been there too but I am not one for travelling..

Wow Moira, that is awesome you saw him randomly at a hotel! Thank you for sharing your story and the pic! :drool1:

WOW Moira,

That's awesome!! Good for you!! Seeing Gerry like that is cool...unexpected...I believe that's the best way....How frigign amazing is that!!

WAY TO GO

and I love your piccie..

Thanks for sharing your experience Moira. :wave:

Hooray Moira!!! I'm SO excited for you, dear GAL!!

:bounce: :bounce:

~Mel

Mel;

Totally off the subject, though Moira looked pretty in that pic with GB. Love the top.

Anyway, is that you with the "numchucks" awsome moves-good exercise BTW....

:pointy:I am so happy for you Moira what a souvenir! By the way what Hotel did he stay in? I would have thought it would be the Royal York? Wish I could have been there too but I am not one for travelling..

Hi May

I know going by the Japan posts he has left today but I'd rather not say incase it is a hotel he would like to go back to if he is at the Festival next year. I'm not trying to be funny but it looked like he possibly had a hassle free stay.

Moira

Moira, I am so pleased for you, that is fantastic!!! A dream come true and a most beautiful photo of you both!!

Just wonderful!

Love Jackiexx

Edited by jackie62

I am finding it hard to take in what is happening to me here in Toronto as my dreams are being fulfilled. I could never in a million years expect what I had happen to me actually happen. Whilst I'd have loved my other Gals to have been there I do wonder because I was on my own and nobody seemed to be about that he was so nice to me - who knows. I always said if I could have my wish it would be to meet Gerry where I least expect to and have no other fans about and just have a little conversation with him. I am shocked I was so calm and I hoped I would not get my words in a mucking fuddle. I guess him up there likes me just now and has decided because of all the hassle I had getting here I deserved to have a good time.

Moira,

This is my first time online since Friday (due to traveling with the fam). The highlighted portion, above, has me "welling up." It is this very phenomenon that was so extraordinary in Vegas 06 as we watched Cleobethra exchange intimate words with The Man. All those that experienced that moment in time were torn between wanting to witness one woman's dream come true and the odd need to "look away" so as not to "intrude." Many of us distinctly recall him moving the mic so that only those in his immediate proximity could hear. We marveled at this wonderful GIFT of undivided attention he was bestowing upon our Bethy right before our eyes. Although I was not there to witness your "dream," as a "voyeur" of sorts, the sensation is remarkably the same!! What an INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE!! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and allowing us to "share your ride" in a way. For him, it may be a fleeting fan encounter. For you (and us), its a memory to last a lifetime!!! How cool is that? It continually amazes me how one single human can affect so many by one simple act of sharing several moments of time.

Thanks, again, for your story!

:grouphug:

Hol

Hi May

I know going by the Japan posts he has left today but I'd rather not say incase it is a hotel he would like to go back to if he is at the Festival next year. I'm not trying to be funny but it looked like he possibly had a hassle free stay.

Moira

No that is okay I understand it was just that my hubby and I stayed in Toronto in the past and have only tried 2 Hotels ;the Royal York and L'Hotel beside the CN tower. Have you ever had a meal in the restaurant at the CN tower? We were there when they had a visit by Prince Charles and there were helecopters all over the place and it was impossible to get a room at the Royal York since they were staying there..By the way did I hear that this is your second encounter with Gerry? How did you manage that escapade? :pointy:

I was at premiere last Thursday and was seated as he came down the stairs and I was able to speak to him briefly and shake his hand. The 2nd as you know. It was pure chance. We had been there the night before as it was close to where we came out from Hunger and went for a drink and late supper. I went back as I had not made plans as such to meet anybody and I know we had all liked the food so much and said we would go back the next day. I just went to see if any of the girls were about and decided to have lunch there myself.

According to a post on imdb today he had actually left Toronto on Fri but came back as he had enjoyed himself so much so there is every chance he had not been originally staying there but elsewhere who knows.

I was just in the right place at the right time.

Moira

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hmmm...never believe what they say on IMDB, hon.

Donna, I got lost coming home, got stuck in Toronto for two hours, missed my flight, got home late. But seeing all the fans I could, made up for the difficult time I had coming home. Thank you again for the picture. I owe you a BIG one :kisswink:

I can't believe I missed Char!!!!! I'm regretting THAT the most.

~alice

:music:

Hey Moira..I got a photo of you and Gerry at the premiere. It's a bit fuzzy but you're welcome to it.

Posted Image

I also had a bit of video for everyone. It's not much but it's something.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Ang...=RnRTIFF025.flv

As for Gerry leaving on Friday, he was doing interviews(tribute.ca) and the photo call Friday(blue shirt) and attended the Burn After Reading premiere and afterparty. So I don't think he left and came back.

I have been on the board for a couple of months, so I'm still learning who's who's, I would love to know who was at TIFF, I'm sure I will get to know everyone as time goes on, it's just that right now, I'm reading everything, and feeling a bit lost... :unsure:

thanks for the help

sunbeach

Hey Moira..I got a photo of you and Gerry at the premiere. It's a bit fuzzy but you're welcome to it.

REMOVED QUOTED PIC

I also had a bit of video for everyone. It's not much but it's something.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/Ang...=RnRTIFF025.flv

As for Gerry leaving on Friday, he was doing interviews(tribute.ca) and the photo call Friday(blue shirt) and attended the Burn After Reading premiere and afterparty. So I don't think he left and came back.

:stars:Wow how did you find all that information about his coming and going did he tell you?

Edited by Songbird

Wow how did you find all that information about his coming and going did he tell you?

:funnyup: LOL No, actually it's just a case of deduction...the premiere for Burn After Reading was Friday night which there are several photos of Gerry attending. During the interview with Bonnie, he mentioned something happening "yesterday during the press conference" which was the day of the premiere(Thursday)and so I took that the interview was done Friday as well as the photo shoot as it's the same shirt.