Gerard Butler GALS

9/6 - Gerard Butler eschews the fat while Brad Pitt gets some Joe

becozy

from: http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/FilmFest/article/491852

Gerard Butler eschews the fat while Brad Pitt gets some Joe

Sep 06, 2008 04:30 AM

by Rita Zekas

Special to The Star

Just to clear things up right off the top, Gerard Butler is not fat.

Unlike porker Boy Gorge, who was spinning at Ultra Supper Club on Thursday night.

There have been accusations of Butler pudging up after his Spartan regime for 300 but seeing him up close and personal at the party for RocknRolla at

the Boiler Room at The Distillery on Thursday night, we're here to say

he looked trim in his Versace shirt (the tag glistened on the back of

the collar).

It was an arm-candy shop, with hot young chickies in

tight and abbreviated clothing imported for the occasion. Ladies, you

rocked Rolla but do you really have to smack your gum?

At least you can walk in stilettos and chew gum at the same time.

Co-star Jeremy Piven was entertained by a camera-shy young blonde lovely and the film's director Guy Ritchie was in hug mode with his femme lead Thandie Newton. There were rumours that Ritchie's missus would be there but Madonna was off being sticky and sweet on the other side of the ocean.

I so didn't get the point of this "article". Was it just to say that Gerry isn't fat? What a waste of energy.

You and me both, Lisa.

But I just have to mention how refreshing it looks that he is not wearing a tie with this suit. I don't like ties anyway. Ties only make me think of nooses. Who wants to be choked to death all the time? I don't blame men for not wanting to wear ties. Lets hope Gerry and Versace can change that tradition. He still looked HAWT beyond measure.

But I don't mind reminding myself how beautiful he looked in the suit. I still have yet to see this tag . . .[/b][/font][/color]

Lisa,

I think the only place I saw the infamous metal tag was in one of those videos of him outside the back of the theatre with the hoards of people and the cheek-grabber-girl. Since the camera got him from behind you can see the tag. It's not worth watching the disturbing video again to see the Versace tag. It does look at first like his tag is sticking up accidentally - which would be kind of Gerry-like in a cute, disheveled way - but you can then see it's an intentionally placed very oh-so-fashion-forward detail. :funnyface:

Anyway - hope that helps. Now, what was that about how gorgeous he looks in a suit . . . . oh yeah, he looks damn gorgeouos in a suit!!

:galdown:

But I don't mind reminding myself how beautiful he looked in the suit. I still have yet to see this tag . . .[/b][/font][/color]

Lisa,

I think the only place I saw the infamous metal tag was in one of those videos of him outside the back of the theatre with the hoards of people and the cheek-grabber-girl. Since the camera got him from behind you can see the tag. It's not worth watching the disturbing video again to see the Versace tag. It does look at first like his tag is sticking up accidentally - which would be kind of Gerry-like in a cute, disheveled way - but you can then see it's an intentionally placed very oh-so-fashion-forward detail. :funnyface:

Anyway - hope that helps. Now, what was that about how gorgeous he looks in a suit . . . . oh yeah, he looks damn gorgeouos in a suit!!

:galdown:

Nope - not worth watching it again. I don't care that much. :lol: He already said he's wearing Versace - all I need to know. Just thought it was funny that there would be a metal tag on a shirt. I guess it's harder to cut off.

Thanks!

This isn't the first time I've seen articles like this or him talk about people thinking he has gained weight! Why does everybody think he is fat!? He looks so good right now...I have no idea where people are looking but I sure don't see any fat on that man! He looks absolutely great!

Brumie

This isn't the first time I've seen articles like this or him talk about people thinking he has gained weight! Why does everybody think he is fat!? He looks so good right now...I have no idea where people are looking but I sure don't see any fat on that man! He looks absolutely great!

Brumie

The only thing I could think of why people think he is fat is because people are still under the impression that he should still be sporting his 300 physique. We all know that maintaining that body is pure insanity and vanity and Gerry himself said he would not do it. People see him now without all those muscles and assume they have turned to fat. :confused: (and sadly then think that the muscles musy have indeed been CG which pesses me off. That angers Gerry as well and right should he feel insulted). Which does happen to body builders when they stop working out.....but Gerry has not let himself go. He doesn't work out like he did for 300 but he does still work out. He knows he has to maintain his sleek athletic build so he can be healthy and look FINE for his movies.

Obviously Gerry is NOT fat. He looked so darn FINE Thursday. His thickness may be construed as fat, but we know better, right Gals? Wait til they see him in GAME. Not to mention RnR. He looked SO YUMMY in RnR!! :drool1: Wait til you see him drop his drawers........that's ALL I am gonna say! (heehee)

Edited by GerrysJewel

I loved his 300 body, must admit, but I live his body today too. He is tall and built with muscle. He is not some skinny, druggie looking guy/gal actor. There are too many men in Hollywood that do not look like men. GB is a man for sure and that is why so many women love him. He is complete masculinity and has that accent on top of that. He is pairfect!

I totally agree with both of you! It takes a great Scot like him to show Americans what a REAL man is made of!

That was the one thing in that "Torso" article that struck me positively. When Gerry said,"In Scotland I'm just like a lot of other guys . . . but in America I'm seen as a very strong, masculine guy."

Damn right! Why can't American men get it right? :lol: Why is it that American men have grown up to be such wimps - for the most part, obviously not all of them - and European men (not necessarily all cause a lot of Brits are still pretty wimpy IMHO) are so much more masculine? What are their mothers doing right that we're not? Oh right - we coddle our children! I'm guilty of it. Americans live in a fast food, video game society where in Scotland, Ireland, Italy, etc., the boys are still being tossed outside to play and learn how to be GUYS.

That's it . . . I'm moving . . . who's coming with me? Donna, I know you would! :lol:

I had a great conversation not too long ago with another gorgeous Scotsman who said that California men especially, have no idea how to treat women. He said that moving away from California would be so much better for a single woman. Then again, I know plenty of single women in other states and countries. So, what IS the deal?

Why are there so few MEN out there? Why are men like Gerry such a dying breed nowadays? It boggles the mind - and breaks the heart.

Pretty profound for a Sunday morning, huh? :funnyface:

The burning question is will Butler be a Varsace or buttoned down Brooks Brothers in Law Abiding Citizen. Story takes place in Chicago (Philly) my bet is Brooks Brothers. Either way both can be conservative/working class communities. Versace would be show boating but Gerry gives it class, east coast vibe. Celebrities are being replaced by models to SELL THE GOODS.....

I totally agree with both of you! It takes a great Scot like him to show Americans what a REAL man is made of!

That was the one thing in that "Torso" article that struck me positively. When Gerry said,"In Scotland I'm just like a lot of other guys . . . but in America I'm seen as a very strong, masculine guy."

Damn right! Why can't American men get it right? :lol: Why is it that American men have grown up to be such wimps - for the most part, obviously not all of them - and European men (not necessarily all cause a lot of Brits are still pretty wimpy IMHO) are so much more masculine? What are their mothers doing right that we're not? Oh right - we coddle our children! I'm guilty of it. Americans live in a fast food, video game society where in Scotland, Ireland, Italy, etc., the boys are still being tossed outside to play and learn how to be GUYS.

...Why are there so few MEN out there? Why are men like Gerry such a dying breed nowadays? It boggles the mind - and breaks the heart.

Pretty profound for a Sunday morning, huh? :funnyface:

But I agree wholeheartedly with you, Lisa even on a Sunday morning. :) I recall reading an article not too long ago here on the board because Gerry was mentioned in it. That article was saying the same thing you just did. Supposedly Scots Men like Gerry and Ian and (I can't remember the other's Scot's name) are showing Hollywood that the watered down goofy boyish version of American males isn't cutting it anymore with audiences. The audience of today are starving for REAL men like John Wayne, Errol Flynn, Clint Eastwodod, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Sch (will not try to spell that name. I think you all know who I am refering too.)

But that's just Hollywood. You are right, in reality, where ARE the real men? I think its a combination of Women's Lib, technology and you said it, computers and video games and fast food - the convenience of modern technology. And those men who are bulked up by going to the gym everyday have such soaring egoes, that women can't stand to be around them.

Thank G-d for Gerry......I just wish there were more like him......Oh, there is.....In Scotland/Ireland.

THAT's IT - I'm MOVING! :cunning:

• 2 weeks later...

Gerry, don't under estimate your self, you are "one of a kind". I been to many countries and most of the states in the union, there is no one out "there" that even comes close to what you have going. You can take that to the bank if there are any left.. I know Gerry does not under estimate him self and he says what he says because it is true.

:wave:

Personally I'm glad to see GB with a BIT MORE MEAT ON HIM AGAIN....I much prefer him

ALL MAN :yummy:

VERY TASTY.... :drool1:

Wow! he looked great in 300 but I'm a CUDDLING KIND OF GIRL.... I like a bit to snuggle into and if Gerry's fat.....

FAT RULES... :wave:

and it's good to see under all that HOLLYWOOD LIFESTYLE...there's still a bit of British SLOB left in him :wave: ....and didn't he say somewhere he just LOVE'S HIS CARBs and his moms cooking...that's a good Scottish lad.....

As for the suit.. VERY NICE, GB always looks nice but I prefer him in BROWN LEATHER..... :drool1:

lol

xMargx

:wave: