becozy

9/12 - Butler: 'I thought I'd die young'

from: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a13015...-die-young.html

Butler: 'I thought I'd die young'

Friday, September 12 2008, 18:26 BST

By Michael Thornton

Butler: 'I thought I'd die young'

Rex Features

Gerard Butler believed that his lifestyle was so wild when he was young that it would end up killing him.

The 300 star, who can currently be seen in RocknRolla, told Marie Claire that he had a "suicide wish" and drank too much.

"I once woke up in Paris at 4am, five miles from where I'd been at a party. I had gashes to my head, my face, my arms, and I had blood all over my clothes. To this day, I don't know what happened," he said.

Butler will lend his voice to Watchmen spinoff The Black Freighter next year.

I kinda get where he's coming from {about negative feelings}

it takes a lot of strength to overcome stuff like that :hearts:

I kinda get where he's coming from {about negative feelings}

it takes a lot of strength to overcome stuff like that :hearts:

I agree. I know it's a serious thing BUT

On the lighter side... The Iowa girl in me has to envy the fact that he woke up in freakin Paris. I know it's like me waking up in oh, let's say.... Columbus, Ohio speaking distance,(somehow not the same) where my daughter lives. Hmmmmmm. I've been to Paris, and if there is one place on this earth I'd love to enjoy partaking in alcoholic beverages it would be on the Champs Elise. You think he was there? Maybe not, but I'm sure there's lots of fun places. Been there, but didn't get to do that. :doh: If you've been to Paris, is there anything like their breads and wine?????

Seriously, I can get what he's saying too. There are times in your life where it hits you square in the face, "what am I doing?" and I'm glad for him that he was so young and figured it out. He's lucky but I feel comfortable in saying, it's not luck but brains.

Edited by Bontobengal

I can relate to that on so many levels. I won't go into details but I'm glad Gerry has worked things out for himself. And that's truely what a person has to do. Because you love someone you can't tell them their heading down the road of distruction, they just don't hear you. They need to find that out for themselves. And the hardest part is letting them do just that and just supporting them through it.

When we deal with things that are effecting our lives.

We connect with who we truely are at the core.

We find out that we are stronger than we think.

It's a spiritual thing.

Happy you're still around Gerry!

Safe Journey

:)

Edited by Avivid Mind

I am so glad he is making better choices with his life.

We all love our Gerry.

My life has been blessed that I know him through his work.

I would have hated to have missed that.

Love,

Tracy :kiss:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I could not agree with ya more!

we all have things that are happening in our life, but we are the ones that choose what to do with them.

I'm glad that he moved out of that stage in his life and moves on to big and better things.

Hugs!

I agree. My hubby went through some really bad stuff when he was younger, although I don't think he ever woke up and couldn't remember what happened. I'm glad that both of "my men" are in better areas of their lives now. For better or worse, those past experiences are part of who GB is today, and I'm just thankful that he made it through and learned from them, and can talk about it now.

I agree. My hubby went through some really bad stuff when he was younger, although I don't think he ever woke up and couldn't remember what happened. I'm glad that both of "my men" are in better areas of their lives now. For better or worse, those past experiences are part of who GB is today, and I'm just thankful that he made it through and learned from them, and can talk about it now.

They say that "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger", so I believe it's true that we are the sum of what we have learned from our past experiences. I'm so glad Gerry chose to learn something valuable, and that he is a better and stronger person because of it...

They say that "What doesn't kill us makes us stronger", so I believe it's true that we are the sum of what we have learned from our past experiences. I'm so glad Gerry chose to learn something valuable, and that he is a better and stronger person because of it...

amen sister. I'm going through some really bad stuff right now, and I honestly don't know where I'll end up, but I just keep telling myself it can only make me stronger. That and I'm listening to POTO constantly to calm my nerves.

I think thats a great saying.

"what doesn't kill us makes us stronger"

And i am glad, gerry managed to turn his life around.

I know exactly where he is coming from, only I drink so much, the next day I would remember everything.....and believe me I wish I didn't remember. Oh well, such is youth. I don't drink anymore, wine maybe with dinner,but that is it.

Sassenach