Gerard Butler GALS

9/13 - Our TIFF: Best example of an actor not mincing words

becozy

from: http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/toronto-f....html?id=787754

National Post Published: Friday, September 12, 2008

How the Post's team of reporters saw this year's film festival. By Nathalie Atkinson, Vanessa Farquharson, Shinan Govani, Ben Kaplan, Chris Knight, Adam McDowell, Katherine Monk, Jay Stone and Bob Thompson

excerpt from the article:

During a press gathering for RocknRolla, one brave questioner, who seemed to be confessing rather than wondering, asked this of Gerard Butler: Did Butler think the Cockney crime caper flick was too smart, and therefore difficult for some people to figure out? Butler smirked a little then answered in his Glaswegian brogue as he stared down the reporter, "Only stupid people will have trouble figuring it out."B.T.

Butler smirked a little then answered in his Glaswegian brogue as he stared down the reporter

I know this excerpt is so much more about the tone of the answer then any of my lustful images, but that statement made me shudder.

I liked this excerpt as well:

Best man-hugging sighting

The greeting of Zac Efron and Gerald Butler at Spice Route. High School Musical: The Spartan edition! S.G.

Thanks for posting!

Hugs from me, - the GAL-variety ;)

OMGAWD,

That's the Gerry we have all gotten to know and love through the years. Ask a stupid question and you'll get an intelligent answer from a more intelligent than you are Man! You go G-Man! We love you for your agressive intellect.

Hugs,

Jo

That's our Gerry.

I'm sure Zac was like puddy in the man's hands. He's so big.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

:yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

When given an idiotic question, he can indeed be a man of few words! And every one of those words are intelligent. I wish I could have seen the questioner's face after Gerry's response.

I kept looking at the pics of Gerry and Zak Efron. Something is amiss with them. I think Zak is standing on something, or standing up one step...It is like the pics of Gerry and Hillary Swank in the PSILY promos, when she was standing on a box, so she would not look so out of sync because of the heigth difference.

I am not casting "aspersions" at Zak. I think he is a cute ("boyo"), but the heigth of his waistline, and Gerry's waistline kind of give it away I think. Unless Zak has legs about a foot longer than Gerry's.

Gerry looked so good in the Men's Health "behind the scenes shoot". Holy Cow !

Sue L ---> MyPhantomsSong

I love his answer! I wouldn't expect anything less from GB. Why should film makers worry about if movie goers will understand the story? I find that the movies that are "dummed down" are the ones that I can't even make it through a complete viewing, regardless of who is starring. (Sorry girls) I think the sexiest part of a man is his mind, and how he uses it. That's the first thing that attracted me to my husband; he's quicker than anyone I know. I think GB's answer sums up why we love him so; he is his own man, and darn those who don't understand or try to change that.

That's our Gerry.

I'm sure Zac was like puddy in the man's hands. He's so big.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

:yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy::yummy:

When given an idiotic question, he can indeed be a man of few words! And every one of those words are intelligent. I wish I could have seen the questioner's face after Gerry's response.

I kept looking at the pics of Gerry and Zak Efron. Something is amiss with them. I think Zak is standing on something, or standing up one step...It is like the pics of Gerry and Hillary Swank in the PSILY promos, when she was standing on a box, so she would not look so out of sync because of the heigth difference.

I am not casting "aspersions" at Zak. I think he is a cute ("boyo"), but the heigth of his waistline, and Gerry's waistline kind of give it away I think. Unless Zak has legs about a foot longer than Gerry's.

Gerry looked so good in the Men's Health "behind the scenes shoot". Holy Cow !

Sue L ---> MyPhantomsSong

HA! That's what I thought. I was thinking Gerry is much taller than Zac, what is going on.

All of the answers above relate to Gerry's intelligence. I was thinking about this yesterday. I think this is why a lot of Gerry's fans are a little older than say, Brad Pitt. Gerry's fans are more attuned to his intellect. We see a man, not just a beautiful body. Gerry definately has the MOST BEAUTIFUL body on the screen today, but as with Brad Pitt and the rest, that must fade somewhat, but the MAN and his intellect will continue to hold a more intelligent fan base for all of this life and career. He will continue to accumulate more intelligent fans as the fans become more intelligent. The "screamies" will move on to the next good looking actor, but Gerry will pick a lot of them up as they "wise up" and learn to appreciate the person, not just the actor. Gerry will have all his fans for as long as we and he lives, because of WHO he is, not what he is.

By the way, I love his answer, and all of his answers. He can be very funny, very passionate, very intelligent, and sometimes very critical with an interviewer, according to the way the interviewer approaches him. I love that he doesn't just try to please the interviewer, but actually gives of himself in all of his interviews.

:whome2:

Yes, Darlin',

Love you absolutely

Shirsan,

I absolutely echo every word you wrote! I sat and thought about what you said and it was totally, completely without a doubt as accurate as any thing we have said about Gerry. As I have often said, Gerry is the "Epitome of Awesome in a Man". He is the total man and he doesn't even know it. My heart breaks for his loneliness and unselfish reasons for it. When I saw that beautiful, adorable face on the VCR twelve years ago this November, and that to die for smile! I could feel that there was something about this actor that totally drew me to him, completely and with a beautiful finality. There is not one single actor in my many years that has ever come anywhere near to being an idol. If anyone had ever told me thirteen years ago, that I would be so enamored of a man that I woud never even meet, I would have told them, "Never, ever happen!" But that day when I heard that voice and then saw that adorable face and then that awesome smile, that was the day I turned into one of those "fans". I have never wavered in my love for this awesomely wonderful man. Every time he acts, speaks, smiles, bites when he has too, is a total moment of complete joy for me. I know he has faults and flaws and those endear me to him even more than his beautiful body and awesome face with that to die for smile. Shirsan, there are no words ever invented by mere man that can describe the feelings I, and we all, have for this beautiful being that is Gerry Butler.

So, Yes I agree with every word you said, as well as "Love you absolutely" to Gerry.

Hugs GAL,

:archie: 's Joanna

All of the answers above relate to Gerry's intelligence. I was thinking about this yesterday. I think this is why a lot of Gerry's fans are a little older than say, Brad Pitt. Gerry's fans are more attuned to his intellect. We see a man, not just a beautiful body. Gerry definately has the MOST BEAUTIFUL body on the screen today, but as with Brad Pitt and the rest, that must fade somewhat, but the MAN and his intellect will continue to hold a more intelligent fan base for all of this life and career. He will continue to accumulate more intelligent fans as the fans become more intelligent. The "screamies" will move on to the next good looking actor, but Gerry will pick a lot of them up as they "wise up" and learn to appreciate the person, not just the actor. Gerry will have all his fans for as long as we and he lives, because of WHO he is, not what he is.

Shirsan I think this is dead on. :clap:

I think his intelligence, his sensitivity, his openess, his humor are inwardly born gifts. He in turn has taken what God, his family and his culture has given him and applied it to the "movie industry", I might add rather successfully. Regardless of how high or how bright his star shines, we can feel we are part of it. Just the fact when movies and TV are at there lowest a bright, intelligent, very handsome man comes out of Paisley, Scotland, we recognize what we see and support him and he gives us hours of entertanment. There is an addage in the newspaper businees "if it bleeds it leads" And "I don't care what they say just as long as they spell my name right.". Gerry being a lawyer, the business has had to pull stories that were untrue. So once again INTELLIGENCE comes in handy.