Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 58th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 11 floors to go to reach 69 again!

With Gerry flying from NY to London to Toronto to Japan he's been quite the jet setting globetrotter the past few weeks so this is the floor to celebrate the international travels of our favorite guy. We've been able to visit some amazing places through him or because of him. For some of us it's just through photos and videos, and others have been able to go along for the trip, in some cases. So off we go into the wild blue yonder, around the globe and hopefully back again soon, with Gerry.

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Highrise #2 Floor #52 - Follow Your Purpose

Highrise #2 Floor #53 - GALS turns 3!!

Highrise #2 Floor #54 - GALS turns 3 -The Sequel

Highrise #2 Floor #55 - Summer Lovin'

Highrise #2 Floor #56 - Music of the Night

Highrise #2 Floor #57 - In a NY State of Mind

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

I'm first...Posted Image

My fav was Gerry in Japan...always so many gorgeous pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by irish

Allie Is Now.............Going To Cry.......................

Hey!

Cassie

Im second and in celebration I shall post this!!! In case you did not know I am now a Certified Veterinary Assistant Level 1!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/ang...Certificate.jpg

Paige :wave:

Congrats, Paige! Great accomplishment. Does this mean you can work in a vet's office now?

:goodjob:

:hugs: and :wave: everyone. Been awhile since I've posted but I've tried to keep up with the reading. I'm so sorry for all who have been feeling poorly or are going through job trauma. The peaks and valleys of life can just wear us out sometimes it seems.

I'm now the proud mom of two college students. Our son is off in Florida now at his new school. A long way from home but he is absolutely loving his college. We had our first experience with a Tropical Storm (Fay) while we were there helping him get set up. That's as close to a hurricane as I want to get. I truly can't even begin to fathom what Ike was like for all those that just survived that. Our daughter is at a school in Oregon and loves her school just as much as her brother does his. We're working on getting settled in our new home up in Oregon so it's been a busy few weeks. Our youngest son is settling in nicely with his new high school as well so we all seem to be surviving our transitions.

Sue, I agree. Gerry looked absolutely fabulous while in Japan. But Toronto wasn't bad either. :cunning:

And Cassie... HEY BACK!

:hugs: and prayers to all who need them. :kiss:

Jilly :rose:

Flying tackle hugs to you, Jilly!!! We've missed you. So glad you have the kids and yourself settled.

I don't remember what it is to be settled. I have packing boxes everywhere and the house reeks of wet paint. I had just gotten the smell of the latex out when the guys came back and did all the bathroom and woodwork with enamel paint. Now it smells even worse. My bedroom is the worst so I can't sleep in there tonight. However, the guestroom is full of boxes and stuff from the attic. GAAAAH!

Now I gotta find another house. I'm going to get my cute garden home, move in and they will have to move me out of it in a pine box! I'm NOT moving again--ever!!

Suzie, (looking for a bed)

Suzie, I'd offer you Erin's room, which is now going to be a guest room since she's moved to California. However, since I'm packing up the rest of her stuff to take to her next month, that room is full of boxes too! :unsure:

This man needs to come with a warning label! :pant:

The following are some contraindications:

Never take more than eight hits to the website in a 24 hour period.

Can be addictive.

Do not look directly in to his eyes. Doing so may cause light headedness, dizziness, fainting, dry mouth, and rapid heart rate.

In extreme cases, seizures have been reported.

Some GALS have noted sleeplessness and restlessness.

Sexual side affects may also occur frequently.

Some GALS have reported constant day dreaming, lack of concentration and loss of appetite.

If symptoms persist, take two aspirin, crawl in to bed and watch your favorite Gerry movie.

Nay, your antie night sounds lovely. I can just see the tykes doing their thing.

Paige; Congratulations on your quals WOOT.

Hi GALS, busy day AGAIN. Glad to get my Gerry and GALS fix before I go to cook dinner and head off to my writing group.

Have a great day

Cat

Oh My Gosh!! CAT!! :hug1: You and I are on at the same time!! But I am suppossed to be in bed..it's nearly 1 am now. By the way...have you heard from Risa? It's been well over a year since I last got an email from her. I hope she's well and happy. How are you?

JILL, nice to have you come on here and join us...missed you. Glad to hear all your kids are settling into this new stage of their lives. So you are now permanently living in Oregon with hubby and the dog/dogs? That's great!! I'm very happy for you!

Hi CASSIE!

SUZIE, I have to tell you that I finally saw your Celtic guys...the singing group, on PBS a couple weeks ago. And guess what?! They are coming to LA for a concert, on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. And it just so happens, that our third roommate moved out 6 weeks ago, and the lady doesn't want to rent out the room again, so we have a Guestroom...(hint, hint.) I recommend flying into John Wayne airport...it is like 14 miles from my house, and I'll pick you up! Think about it...It'll be a blast!!

Must get to bed...like I told Anna I was gonna do an hour ago! :bonk: (and I still haven't gone over to YouTube to find Richard...) :wuv:

Hi SWANNIE!! Love to you!!

Goodnite!!

XO Nancy

Edited by Attila Girl

Hi everyone,

I had another rough weekend. Who knew coffee was bad for celiac patients? I just found that out, so there's another favorite thing I must eliminate while my tummy heals. I can have Chai tea though! YUM!

Exciting things going on my house! We are in the throes of home improvements again! We had our hardwood floors stripped and refinished, and oh my gosh, they are gorgeous. Tomorrow our new windows will be installed, and this weekend we paint the living room and hallways. Right now our house is in utter chaos, but it was sooooo great to get rid of our 30 year old sofa. Nathan suggested we float it on a barge in the Columbia river and set it on fire... but we found someone in our neighborhood who needed a sofa, so we gave it to him. In late November, all our new furniture will be delivered, but meanwhile, we are still using our 2 beat up old chairs. Right now all we have in our living room is the 2 chairs, a makeshift center table, a lamp and our Bose stereo system! Even the walls have been stripped bare.

I'm back to working on my book in between projects and moving stuff from one room to another! Just completed the rewrites for another chapter in the 2nd draft.

I feel for those of you who are moving. At one point we were almost planning to sell our home and trade up, but with what's happened to the housing market, I'm so glad we decided to stay here and remodel.

To all who are not feeling well.... just know that things will get better!

Jilly, so lovely to see you here in the SC.

Much love to you all,

Swannie

Congratulations Paige!
Hi there Cassie, nice to see ya Jill! And yes, Risa where are you sweetpea?

Suzie you could always post yourself over here 'till the work is done, then I could take you back again and help you move....seriously I could.
Another rough night with our poor wee mite TJ, he has a nasty chest infection which has sparked off an asthmatic attack. Good job we live close by as Daddy is in Denmark we were needed to look after things while Mummy took him to the Emergency room in the early hours. He's resting now but his breathing is still rapid and shallow.

I need to get breakfast and coffee, I only have one normal then decaff, but I kid myself it's the real thing!

hugs to all in need and if I don't get back....you know where I'll be.

Anna X

"Im second and in celebration I shall post this!!! In case you did not know I am now a Certified Veterinary Assistant Level 1!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/ang...Certificate.jpg

Paige :wave:"

Congratulations, Paige!!!

Posted Image

"Allie Is Now.............Going To Cry......................."

Oh no! Please don't cry! You are neither invisible nor ignored, it is just that posts are flying SO fast here that sometimes one slips, - or the gals are so VERRA busy and haven't enough time to detail-reply to each and every one. But you ARE a part of our fanmily so here

Posted Image

And since you are so in love with orange, - without knowing that I made an orangy Attila-siggy yesterday, have a look in the hat-thread ;)

Hugs from me :wuv:

And to the rest of you, - have a wonderful day! And may your health suddenly improve in surprising ways and if not take a look at my decorating for added pick me up ;)

Posted Image

Yup, - a DonnaKat of course! :D

Edited by NordicGirl

Good Morning ladies.,

Yesterday was a terrible day! I'm working half a day today so things are looking up! I've also started exercising everyday but Sunday(walking 30 min)

Congratulations Paige!!

Hugs to all,

April

Posted Image

Nancy, did you like Celtic Thunder? I'm waiting patiently for their second CD, it was due out yesterday the 16th.I preordered it from Amazon awhile back.I have the DVD and their first CD and listen to themall the time.

Posted Image Peggy

Hello gals :wave:

Been busy trying to work gif today.Its so confusing i think lol

Massive congrats to you paige :)

Congratulations Paige, that is a great accomplishment for you!!

Risa is on vacation right now. She usually does the Thought for the Day once a week but she will be gone for a couple of weeks. She's been so busy she hasn't had a chance to do much posting, but she is still around.

Gotta run, I'm way late for work already, dealing with family issues at home. Dad in hospital (hopefully coming home today), and sister got power and phone back (in Houston) so we had our first talk since Ike marched through. They were lucky to be among the first in their part of town to get their power back, and they didn't have any damage to their house, while a house across the street from them had two huge trees go through the roof. Thanks for all those who said prayers, they were answered!!

Just a quick fly by to say "Hi," to everyone, and to welcome Jill to the glorious state of Oregon!!

We live about 2 hours apart, but a rather high (bad in winter) mountain range separates our

two locations. However, in good weather it is a beautiful drive, and I hope to get over to see

Jill and some other GB fans who live on that side of the mountain before the winter sets in.

Also, I am so glad to be hearing from some who were in the path of that terrible storm known as

"Ike." My prayers have gone out for all who have been affected.

Hugs,

Judy

Oh Anna, nooooooooo...not our little TJ. OMG, I am praying for him as I type this...please give him a big hug from his auntie in California and tell him when he gets all well.

Paige, in case you missed it in the last thread....Posted Image sweetie...I know that with the love you have for animals this is definitely your calling and you will be great!!!

Jilly, Posted Image home to the SC! So you finally made it to Oregon for good??? No more passing through Redding??? We never did make that get together! :tantrum:

Celtic Thunder....I can't go a day without listening to them now! I'm with you Peggie, anxiously waiting for my new CD!

April, I'm sorry yesterday was so bad...I hope today is a much better day for you.

EM, THAT definitely picked me up! :drool1:

Susan, I'm so glad that your sister is ok and that our prayers were answered. I'm so sorry about your dad hon...this has got to be so stressful for you. Posted Image for you.

Posted ImageGBPhanatic ... and you are absolutely right...the man DOES need to come with a warning!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Christine, lol...you'll get it!

:wuv: to Nancy, Swannie, Jennipher, Jill, Cat, Frannie, Judy and anyone else I didn't mention.

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

As I type this, I'm sitting in California clearing out our house of 13 years. Ugh. I HATE packing. I hear you on the boxes, Suzie. Been stepping around them all week. :bleh: Should have gotten done over the summer but I was way too distracted with the goings-on of the kids and their new lives. I'm hoping to finish up here in a couple of days and then I WILL be passing thru Redding, Sue! And this time, my only companion will be a 15 year old Chihauhau. :lol: We'll still make trips back and forth, tho. Lots of family and friends still here in California and I made a load of promises to the 16 year old that he will still be able to see his friends here.

Hubby and son are up in Oregon without me for another couple of days. They are having some nice father/son time without mama around. In fact, my son just got his drivers permit yesterday. :yay: My cheer is only because I don't have to be the only driver's training teacher this time around. :woo: Will be officially and completely settled in up there once we get this house emptied out and on the market. Not a good time to be trying to sell but we shall see. But I'm considering myself an Oregonian now, Judy. I like it! Looking forward to seeing you soon, I hope.

Anna - Sorry about your little guy. I hope he is feeling better soon. So sad when the little ones are ill.

:hugs: and :wave: to all!

Jilly

Our little man here is so poorly, the steroids etc are not doing their job as yet, he's still on nebulizer and the rest. Doctor will check his stats again soon, he's being so brave bless him.

Poor Mummy and Daddy are so stressed and some ***** at school told Lulu it was serious and 'he could die'. There is always one joker.

Don't think anyone here will get much sleep, but I'm sitting with Lulu in an attempt to calm her.

hugs to all,

Anna x

Oh Anna, I'm going to cry...that poor baby...both of them! I was so upset in my post above I never even completed my sentence...tell TJ that he needs to get well so I can send him another super heroes shirt!

love and hugs...I know how upset this must have you too dear Anna!

Tell TJ and LuLu ......Posted Image

Jill, lets see if we can get together since you only have one with you this time (and he/she can't complain)!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Dear, dear Anna,

I'm so sorry about our wee man! :tissues:

I have prayed for him and hoping for good bulletins to come asap, - give him a warm hug from extra-granny Eva in Norway! :hug1:

And a big gal-hug to poor Lulu the Sugarplum Fairy. That :fook:'n' idiot that scared her so make me so :gah: I'm sure YOU can calm her down, hon!

So an extra long and warm hug for you, - I know too well how we grannies feel :wuv: