Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Swannie, if your mom wants the party, you and Reba just go ahead and plan it. The older sisters can come or stay away, their choice, but go ahead and have a blast without them!!! You will probably have a better time if they aren't there anyway! Phooey on them!

I've had an Irish day! I'm half Irish (and Spanish), Lady Elissa is Scots-Irish and her hubby Bill is mostly Irish and we all belong to the Harp and Shamrock Society of Texas. Today the local group had a "Half Way to St. Patrick's Day" Hooley which lasted for six hours and was a total blast! We ate Irish stew, there was lots of Harp and Guiness, we had Irish dancers who were brilliant, Irish singers, folks selling Irish art and jewelry, pipe and drum bands and a whole lot of fun! The Irish will use any excuse for a party and this was one of the best! I'm pretty new to the group, and if they have this much fun when it's half way to St. Patrick's Day, I can only imagine what they will do for St. Patricks Day itself!! I can't wait.

Well, I am now totally behind in my packing so must get busy. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Hugs to everyone,

Suzie

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi ladies!! Hope everyone's having a good weekend...mine just started!

Okay, now I'll tell you a cute "doggie" story. :pug:

We had a new little patient come visit us just about three weeks ago, and his owner's only had him a couple months. He's a shelter dog. They say he's just under 2 years old, but he looks a little older to me. He's part terrier so he's very scruffy looking and cute, blonde with light carmel colored eyes.

Anyways, he stayed with us over a weekend and he was SO timid. He didn't make a sound, and he'd just sit and tremble in his cage. Anytime he'd be taken out for a pottie-walk, he shied away from everyone and walked with his tail between his legs. The owner said he had no idea what his former life had been like. So me and the girl who works at night with me, were determined to show him that we were his friends. Any little movement or noise seemed to scare him, and he didn't seem to like the kid who works at night with us.

So he came in on Monday and is staying with us for a week. By the second night, he really warmed up to us...I think it's cuz we talk to him.

But, now he's so comfortable with us, he's barking in the kennel to remind us that he's there and when we take him out he jumps on us! We were sitting at the front desk and he jumps on her lap, and then to me and then the counter!! I told my co-worker, "I think we've created a monster"!! Ha!

And he knows who holds the treats...(moi). :wuv:

He even jumped up on the front desk when a lady walked in to buy food for her own dog. :behave: It's like he forgot he was shy.

I wonder what his owner will think when he picks him up... :whoa:

It's too funny.

Okay, that's your bedtime story. Goodnight!!

Edited by Attila Girl

I wish we could give him a bath.

I want to do that every time there's a little dirty doggie.

If I were the groomer, I'd get fired for wanting to give every pet a "complimentary" bath!! But I feel so bad seeing how dirty and unkempt alot of these doggies are. It's like a little child who couldn't possibly be responsible for bathing themselves. Poor babies. :wuv:

Haha...yes I would. I am always suggesting it to the tech girls and they've never done it, so if I actually did it for one dog my boss would probably be so shocked that he wouldn't care!

Unfortunately, our groomer's business has been slowing down and I didn't see her in at all this week, or I might've been able to talk her into it.

We actually gave the little guy a Mohawk...his hair on top of his head is very wispy and white, and all we had to do was shape it that way with our fingers and he's got a Mohawk!! His owner is a senior gentleman so I don't know if he'l go for that! :funnyup:

Just checking Galfriends, my little fiend....sorry friend TJ has me playing Club Penguin for him on my laptop but under the guise of getting more coins for him in the fishing game I took advantage.

Family members can sometimes have different agenda's they are working from, so Swan do tred carefully, your Mum could have her own too. All I can say is my own Mum was 'superficially plausible' in her intent but had serious mental problems, and for an only daughter it was a dire situation all my life. To members of the extended family she would act and sound quite sensible but she saw me as the 'devil incarnate' from the day of my birth. She never held me to feed me, nor did she care if I didn't, it was only when she developed Alzheimer's that I had a Mother and the happiness lasted for the last two years of her life.......when she would say 'this is my daughter and I don't know what I would do without her' my heart really sang.

'Nuff of that, I had the most wonderful 'Yorkshireman' for a father, very tall and blonde haired who everyone adoredas he worked uncessingly for the local community. Think Sean Bean but handsome!

Nancy loved the doggy tales, Sue, glad your weather has improved and love to Dan'l.

Suzie if you liked a Hoolie you would love an Irish Wake, in the South of Ireland they lparty for days!

hugs to everyone,

my TJ is back for the laptop, the chant of Club Penguin is ringing in my ears, bless him.

again hugs,

Anna x I can't write for hugs and kisses! Bye.

Hi Gals, Phew just caught up. I should pop in more often so I don't have to read so much. Now I'm dizzy.

You're right Anna, So much happens in a family, its soooooo confusing and I suppose we all think we are on the right track. I think one of my siblings has questionable motives but maybe thats because the rest of us believe he is our dad's favourite. But I understand your concerns Swannie but at the end of the day its about your Mum. I'm more like you when it comes to confrontation. I'd love to be tougher but I think a family needs different attitudes and our's are important too.

Allie, I hope your op went well and your wee mate is ok.

Still hoping to get to the convention so hopefully we'll have at least 3 from Oz maybe more.

Finally saw Nim's. I want to live in a treehouse on an island! We both enjoyed it. My man surprises me sometimes. I don't like putting him through my obsessions that don't involve him.

I love how the Irish don't need an excuse to party. We all work really hard so we have to make time for enjoyment when we can.

Quoting The Bill & Ted's Movies...."Party on, Dudes'!

Love to all the Gals...enjoy your weekend.

Cheers Charli

Anna, I usually tread lightly when it comes to my sisters, but my little sis Reba speaks her mind! I hope she handles this situation wisely, because I hate conflict.

I just now completed the re-writes of another chapter, so I'm feeling pleased and ready to start work on the next one.

Sue, I've never been to an Irish party. We have a lovely Irish pub here in Portland, owned by an Irish family. I'm told it is a lively place with lots of great live Irish bands, but the trouble is, I don't dare go to a pub where there is smoking. I believe in January, a new law takes effect, where all bars, pubs and clubs in Oregon will be strictly non-smoking. The first thing I intend to do is to go hang out in a Karaoke bar! I've never been to one!

I finally got to see the clip of Gerry from E-news, and just about dropped my laptop! My heavens, I have never seen him look more manly.... and well, just plain delectable. What a physique that man has.... what a face, what a head of hair, what a voice.... he is just.....

Take care everyone... I am off to write!

Swannie

Hi GALS its been awhile.

I appreciate all the congrats from earlier in the thread. Im still looking for a job but the only problems are listed below.

1. I do not have a drivers license yet.

2. My fookin mother and uncle have not finished my truck yet so I don't think I will be driving that soon. *Yes I am mad about it.* :tantrum:

3. My mother waited until now for me to start doing drive times. *Meaning driving with an instructor.* She believed that the longer I had my permit the cheaper insurance would be. Now I'm tired of looking at the fooking thing. :tantrum:

Ok now I must leave before I get into a rampage. Hugs to those who want them and those who don't...you're still getting one anyways!

Paige :wave:

I feel like a bit of a voyeur going through all the posts here LOL!

maybe cause Im still new here but it seems you gals talk to each other like your long lost friends and have known each other for years

it's kinda nice :), I dont open up that easily...

anyhoo I just gotta over the worst fever and toothache this weekend, had some weirdo dreams in my delirious cold sweat sleep

hugs to all and hope evryone is doing fine xoxo

AFternoon! And a fine and perky autumnal day it is too, around here. Hope it is where ever you are.

*guest* --- yep...I understand what you mean. The first months I admitted I had GALS here, I felt amazed at how deep the friendships were and how the darnedest things were being discussed! Soon I realized how deep was the trust that had developed between these great friends and amazing women. It became something I wanted to be a part of in the worst way. Try to get to the convention and put the faces to the names. It is such a wonderful experience to be able to extend the friendships that get started here. You'll love it.

Texas Gramma -- the Hoolie sounds like a HOOT! I wish we had such a thing here. SIGN ME UP. I'm already a part of a Celtic Society here in town and we throw a mid-January Burns Night and our local pipe band (15 or so) play and we basically take over the biggest banquet room on Hotel Row. (Trust me -- EVERYONE in the hotel knows we are there --- especially when the guys go out in the parking lot and keep playing around midnight). However, an Irish hoolie sounds informal enough to be a blast. I WANT TO PLAY!

Swansong, yes, family stuff is the worst. I think your idea about asking your Mom is fantastic. AND GO WITH THAT no matter what anyone else says. They don't have to be there. Also, let Reba be the lead dog if you need to. We have had a ZOO with family problems and clashing desires for estates (on both sides of the family). We found that a go slow and full agreement approach kept all the odder requests/demands from spinning out of control. I don't like conflict either -- and I have been able to make many things slow down by dragging my feet --- and many times, the lack of urgency and caution derailed the latest hair-brained scheme. And I can turn myself into one SPECTACULAR boat anchor. Well, it works for me/us anyway......just an idea.

Hugs to all. When are we getting together Sue and Jen? Anytime --- any place!

Love, auntm

AFternoon! And a fine and perky autumnal day it is too, around here. Hope it is where ever you are.

Wadi-Al-lubb --- yep...I understand what you mean. The first months I admitted I had GALS here, I felt amazed at how deep the friendships were and how the darnedest things were being discussed! Soon I realized how deep was the trust that had developed between these great friends and amazing women. It became something I wanted to be a part of in the worst way. Try to get to the convention and put the faces to the names. It is such a wonderful experience to be able to extend the friendships that get started here. You'll love it.

Texas Gramma -- the Hoolie sounds like a HOOT! I wish we had such a thing here. SIGN ME UP. I'm already a part of a Celtic Society here in town and we throw a mid-January Burns Night and our local pipe band (15 or so) play and we basically take over the biggest banquet room on Hotel Row. (Trust me -- EVERYONE in the hotel knows we are there --- especially when the guys go out in the parking lot and keep playing around midnight). However, an Irish hoolie sounds informal enough to be a blast. I WANT TO PLAY!

Swansong, yes, family stuff is the worst. I think your idea about asking your Mom is fantastic. AND GO WITH THAT no matter what anyone else says. They don't have to be there. Also, let Reba be the lead dog if you need to. We have had a ZOO with family problems and clashing desires for estates (on both sides of the family). We found that a go slow and full agreement approach kept all the odder requests/demands from spinning out of control. I don't like conflict either -- and I have been able to make many things slow down by dragging my feet --- and many times, the lack of urgency and caution derailed the latest hair-brained scheme. And I can turn myself into one SPECTACULAR boat anchor. Well, it works for me/us anyway......just an idea.

Hugs to all. When are we getting together Sue and Jen? Anytime --- any place!

Love, auntm

You Girls let me know!!

So glad to hear from you Allie....I was wondering how you were! Just make sure you fully recover before any strenuous activity Sweetie!

Hi *guest* ...and Welcome to Gals! I don't know if I welcomed you or not cause my last few weeks have been crazy with dealing with RL and yucky stuff! You are so right ...this is a loving fanmily here and I hope you feel comfortable enough to join us! When I first came here it took very little time for me to feel welcome cause these gals are the greatest bunch you will ever ever meet!

Anna...... I just want to tell you that I got a kick out of you playing the Penguin game with TJ....When I was living with my son I used to play that constantly witth my Granddaughter...and I used to beg her to play it with me...I LOVE THAT GAME! :p

Swannie....Three words Sweetie....Follow your heart! :kiss:

Nancy...OMG...I could read your posts all night cause I just love hearing about the animal antics! I want to get another dog so bad but right now is not a good time! You know one has to spend a lot of time with a Puppy and unfortunately It's not in the cards for me.... But I do love reading your posts!...well the happy ones that is..

:wave: Paige(be patient Sweetie) Jobella, Auntm, Suzie( have you not moved yet?) Charli, :unsure: looking around ...did I miss anybody? Hope not but if I did here's a BIG ole Squishy {{{{{{HUG}}}}}.... oops...sorry ...too much? ;)

Frannie

I have to tell everyone that I just spent the last hour and a half reading Bella's journal....I could never find it before and now I know why...it was in the "Much Ado About Nothing" forum....well fook! that would have been the last place I would have looked for it...because it is SO MUCH ABOUT SOMETHING. It just broke my heart and I hope all of you get a chance to read it ... it will make you so proud of her.

Allie, how did it go? Are you still going to be able to fly in a few days?

Jill and Jenn, Dan isn't doing so great right now...I called the cancer center Friday morning and they never called back so tomorrow I will be on the phone again and this time I may have to get biatchy (is that how you spell that?)...so when I find out what our schedule is going to be I'll call/PM you both...k?

Maria, just jump in sweetie...

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

I came across Bella's journal a couple of weeks ago, and have been a faithful reader

every since. I do so admire her courage and wonderful attitude towards the upcoming

deployment.

Allie--hope you are ship-shape real soon.

Sue, sorry Dan is feeling bad. Don't be afraid to "get in their faces" if you don't get the

feedback or callback you need. Cancer treatment is NEVER pleasant and there is so

much going on in the body as it tries to heal the damage done by the cancer as well as

the treatment. Love and prayers for you both.

I LOVE the new photos and the last few interviews including the "E" Men's Health one,

have been just wonderful. It makes me so happy to see Gerry looking SO GOOD again.

Personally, I have FINALLY come to terms with his moving into middle age. He is HOTTER

than ever, and I find myself being attracted to the man in a way I haven't been in the

past. (Wanted him to be my "boy, my son" so to speak.) I felt that way very stongly when

I met him. But now--maybe it is because I am feeling YOUNGER, mostly because of

Gerry and the many ways that he has influenced my life. Since I am NOT his mother,

I guess I can have whatever feeling come along--AND I INTEND TO ENJOY EVERY MINUTE

OF IT!!! Just don't tell my DH, or my daughters for that matter! LOL.

Hugs,

Judy

AAWW Sue....I just read your post Sweetie.....so sorry to hear Dan'l's not doing so good right now! You just may have to get (ALL UP IN THEIR FACES) and give em Hell!! I hate it when you can't get the info from these people...Don't they understand the need to know what the Heck is going on?? I will of course keep Dan'l in my prayers as I have been and you too Sweetie...I can't imagine what you are feeling...just wish there was more that I could do my friend. :kiss:

:hearts: Frannie

Sue, I'm sorry to hear your hubby is having a rough time. You and he continue to be in my prayers. Thank goodness our MODS and admins have given us a prayer forum on this site!

I haven't read Bella's journal either. I try to read all the prayer requests, but I just haven't gotten to Bella's thread.

*guest* , just wanted to say, that yes, some of us have been on this site for years and we do know each other as friends, but many in this thread are newer members. Don't worry that you won't fit in as a newbie! Just jump right in!

Nancy, I hope you are feeling better these days.

Well, we spent the entire day prepping to paint the living room. Geez it takes forever before we can get to the actual painting! You gotta wash down the walls and woodwork with TSP, patch up all the holes, then tape off everything, which takes friggin forever! We may get to the painting tomorrow. I sure hope so, because I can't wait to see the new color!

My poor cats are going nucking futz, because every day we move things around and the poor things don't know where their perches are anymore. Our new windows are constructed differently, so the cat's can't perch on the sills. I know they'll get used to all the changes in time, but they are so pissed off at us right now! Meanwhile our house is disaster, and I can't find anything!

My hubby is so cute! He is a meticulous worker and paints like a pro. He's been bebopping around here in his corny work clothes, and he's just adorable. I made him some yummy homemade chicken chili for supper!

Now that things have calmed down for the evening, I'm back to writing.

Oh hey, I just discovered the BEST ice cream! I can't have real ice cream, but I found a gluten free, dairy free alternative. It is called So Delicious (made with soy) and I bought the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor. It is fantastic!

Everyone have a great Monday!

Swannie

:wave: Hello GALS!

I Have Returned From The Hospitial and I am Now Recovering :pointy:

Just Wanted To Thank You For The Prayers :wuv:

~Allie :music:

Hi Allie...

Welcome back and I hope you recover quickly.

How's your dog doing?

Sue - Hugs for you and Dan

Allie - special hugs for you too.

Anna - What gorgeous kids ..... so cute and hugable ... proud Grandmother HUH!!!

Had a great holiday weekend and lost 4 balls at golf, very windy. Don't know if I'm getting any better but the wind which was very gusty, certainly took a few waaaaay off never to be found again LOL.

Welcome Firestarter - cute nickname.

Susan, am hoping to be there to represent OZ again. Fingers crossed work and other things don't get in the way this coming year. Pam is such a hoot that traveling with her is something to look forward to.

Nancy - big hugs too.

To all the other delightful GALS HIIIIII and thinking of you all

Cat

So glad to hear from you Allie....I was wondering how you were! Just make sure you fully recover before any strenuous activity Sweetie!

Frannie

:funnyup: Would looking At Gerry Count?

Allie, how did it go? Are you still going to be able to fly in a few days?

love,

Sue

Well........We Will See How I Feel In a Few Days

Allie--hope you are ship-shape real soon.

Judy

:kisswink: Thank you

:wave: Hello GALS!

I Have Returned From The Hospitial and I am Now Recovering :pointy:

Just Wanted To Thank You For The Prayers :wuv:

Hi Allie...

Welcome back and I hope you recover quickly.

How's your dog doing?

She Is getting Better :D

Allie - special hugs for you too.

Cat

:hug1:

thanks Auntm jobella ladyfran swansong and anyone I left out! I appreciate it xoxo

Sue, I have Dan in my prayers for you, Ive had a lot of loved ones deal with illness in my life and know it's not easy and theres so much patience faith and love involved, so my best sincerest wishes for you always.

Im also going to go and find that Bella journal, i dont think Ive seen it before and am interested in it now

hugs to