Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

2009 REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!

Anyone who knows me on this site, KNOWS I'm ALL ABOUT VEGAS, BABY!!! Going to our fan convention is what I do for ME! I have been biding my time, waiting patiently for the phone call from Jennifer St. Giles and/or Dr. Em to tell me the VEGAS WEBSITE has gone LIVE and registration is open!! I couldn't stand it any longer and I finally called Dr. Em.

LOOOONGGGG story short (no smart-arse comments from the peanut gallery, please) our beloved Web Wonder Woman, Stef with an F, is getting married in a couple of weeks, so her attention is (understandably) elsewhere. So we've got someone else building the Vegas page, and we're having technical difficulties getting it to all come together in a manner to which "you have become accustomed." LOL

No longer able to contain myself, Dr. Em has given me the authority to OPEN REGISTRATION (with just a few TEMPORARY links to the 2008 registration form and payment pages).

So, without further ado, here are the EXCITING DETAILS!

• WHAT: FOURTH Annual GERARD BUTLER FAN CONVENTION

• WHEN: JUNE 25-27, 2009 (Note: Convention date includes THURSDAY night as we'll have a "Gerry Pajama Party" in the hospitality suite!)

• WHERE: LAS VEGAS HILTON (*SKWEE*) Special Convention Room Rates will be $95 per room; Suite rates have not yet been established. As soon as the GROUP CODE has been OBTAINED, it will be posted and you can begin to book rooms. REMEMBER: We are contractually bound to book a certain number of rooms. You ensure the Convention gets the proper credit only by using the GROUP CODE.

• THEME: WE'RE ALL CONNECTED! Saturday Night GALA dress codes/costuming to be announced later.

• HOW MUCH: $260 (until January 31, 2009); at 12:01 am (CT) on February 1st, the fee increases to $275.

The link to the TEMPORARY registration page is HERE! (PLEASE DISREGARD ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED AT THIS LINK. WE SIMPLY WANT YOU TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE FORM!)

AFTER you complete the form, please make a deposit of AT LEAST $100 by way of paypal or paper check. (You are not deemed "registered" until a payment has been received.) If sending your check through the mail, make checks payable, in US dollars through a U.S. bank, to: Jenni Grizzle, Convention 2009.

Please include the name you used when filling out the online registration in order to ensure your account is credited properly!

Mail check to:

Jenni Grizzle

PO BOX 465654

Lawrenceville, GA. 30042

To pay online, please use www.paypal.com (You will have to have a paypal account established in order to use this method. If you do not have a paypal account, you can set one up easily by following the instructions here.) Once you have logged in to your established paypal account, simply click the "SEND MONEY" tab at the top of the page. At the "send money" page, complete the following information:

TO: registration@gerardbutlergals.com

AMOUNT: $100 for deposit (or $260 if you're paying in full)

FOR: "Service"

Click continue; confirm payment source; review your payment and SEND! *viola*

Now for the FAQS:

GENERAL INFO:

How do I attend?

Registration is open immediately. Register early as our 2009 convention promises to be even bigger than 2008! The cost for the convention is $260 until December 15, 2008, and then the price will increase. At 12:01 a.m. (CT), on December 16, 2008, the registration fee will be $275 until cut-off (on or about June 1, 2009). The link to the TEMPORARY registration page is HERE! (PLEASE DISREGARD ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED AT THIS LINK. WE SIMPLY WANT YOU TO HAVE ACCESS TO THE FORM!

What are some of the daytime activities?

Such specific details are still being worked out. However, 2008's conventioneers participated in book signings by various authors, video, signature-making and scrapbooking workshops, a large silent auction, various raffles, and even shopped amongst tables set up by various artisans who were also in attendance.

Will there be a theme night like 2008?

Yes! This year's theme is "We're All Connected." The details as to costumes/dress code will be posted once this "detail" has been finalized. Participate in a way that brings you the most joy!

Will we have time to do some sightseeing?

A Convention program flyer will be part of the registration package given out at the convention with all function dates and times (the flyer will also be available on this website prior to the Convention). You can attend some, all or none of the daytime convention activities. There will be scheduled "free time" for those who wish to venture out without fear of missing something "good" back at the hotel.

Are spouses/friends/children welcome?

Spouses & friends are welcome to come to any of the functions as long as they are paid, registered attendees. Unfortunately, children will not be able to attend the convention. ALL ATTENDEES MUST BE AT LEAST 21 YRS OF AGE!

Will Gerard be there?

Although Mr. Butler will be invited to the convention, his attendance is neither expected nor anticipated.

What does the registration fee cover?

Ballroom with food and non-alcoholic* beverages for two evening meals, decorations for the Gala, goodie bags, t-shirts, etc. Attendees are responsible for securing their own transportation to and from the Convention, room accommodations and all food and drinks not otherwise provided in connection with Friday and Saturday evening events. (Beverages served with dinner include water, tea and coffee. Soft drinks/wine/cocktails may be purchased at the bar located in the ballroom).

When will you stop accepting registrations?

Due to catering and other planning restrictions, no registrations will be accepted after June 15, 2009. There will be no registrations "at the door."

PAYMENT:

When is the balance of my registration fee due?

June 1, 2009. However, if you have paid your deposit, of at least $100 by December 15, 2008, you will be guaranteed the discount rate of $260 per registration until May 1, 2009. On May 2, if your balance remains unpaid, your registration fee will increase to $275. On June 1, 2009, if you have an unpaid balance on your registration fee, your fee will be considered "forfeited" and no refunds of any kind will be issued.

What if I miss the deadline for paying the balance?

Your spot will be given to the next person on the waiting list and your deposit will be considered "forfeited." Funds generated by early registration will be used to make deposits necessary to secure convention facilities and services. For this reason, there will be no refunds of forfeited deposits.

What is the cancellation policy?

Please understand that deposits are made on convention facilities and services as soon as funds are generated by early registration deposits. In an earnest attempt to keep registration fees as low as possible, the Convention is, for all intents and purposes, a NON-PROFIT venture. A $50.00 processing fee will be assessed for deposit refund requests placed by March 1, 2009. ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED AFTER MARCH 1, 2009.

Can I pay for more than one person?

Yes. In the "memo" section of your chosen form of payment, please indicate the names of those individuals covered by your payment. However, each registrant must complete a separate registration form.

May I pay in installments?

Unfortunately, we are only prepared to accept two payments on behalf of each attendee – the deposit and the remaining balance.

Very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vegas Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Holly! :woohoo: :woohoo: :dancer:

SWEET!!!! I will pay my deposit tonight!!! Can't get paypal at work lol!!!

Edited: I was able to get into paypal money is sent!!!!! VEGAS, HERE I COME!!!!

Edited by Gerry Duty

Hi Holly

You say non-alcoholic beveridges are included on Friday and Saturday night. Can you clarify if this means more than just tea and coffee with the meal and jugs of water put on the table to accompany the meal as that is all we were offered when we asked our servers. Once they cleared the tables they stopped coming round with the water.

I got the impression soft drinks were included all night but maybe I interpreted it wrong.

Thanks

Moira

Well I don't forsee any bundles anytime soon so I will be going this year. Wahoo!!!!

Cassie

I'm registered! :pointy: Can't wait to see all my girlies again.

Moira, yeah the wait-staff really should keep water at the tables, but they may go off duty after the meal is complete. Perhaps this is something Dayna can ask about. As for the soft drinks, there is always a bar where these, and mixed drinks, beer and wine, can be puchased - but not included with the meal (I don't think).

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Hubby (PAL Good Sport) and I are registered!

Hi Holly

You say non-alcoholic beveridges are included on Friday and Saturday night. Can you clarify if this means more than just tea and coffee with the meal and jugs of water put on the table to accompany the meal as that is all we were offered when we asked our servers. Once they cleared the tables they stopped coming round with the water.

I got the impression soft drinks were included all night but maybe I interpreted it wrong.

Thanks

Moira

Nope, no soft drinks. Coffee, tea or water are the dining options. You can also purchase soft drinks/cocktails/wine from the "bar." "Water while dancing" is an ongoing issue. I'll make sure to bring it to the Planners' attention.

I'm all registered and rearing to go!!!

Moira, last year I got water at the bar. They were sweet about it!

WOOT VEGAS, BABY!!

Suzie

Thanks Holly! Been looking forward to this since last June! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::vegasbaby:

Barbara

YEE HAW!!!!

No Graduations this year and the fact that it's later in the month

I AM SO THERE!!!!

:wave:

Annemarie

YAY!!! I'm still totally not sure if I'll be going..it's my birthday weekend and I always spend it in NYC with my friends..but still VEGAS and I'll send in my deposit just to hold my spot at the very least.

As soon as I get my paycheck deposited tonight I'll be making my convention deposit. :cheer::yay:

:tissues: I wish all of you attending, the best of times....I so wish I could be there....money situation just won't allow it....plus I've promised my son, this is "his year"....I went alone in 07...w/ hubby in 08.....I'll be back in '10!!!!!!

My Paypal deposit is in!!! I have only one question..........how do I sign up for the screening of POTO?? I need to get back to my ROOTS!!! (even though I saw Reign of Fire and Timeline first).

Judy

:whoa::reddeath::silly:

Edited by Emily Bronte

Actually the POTO screening was this year. As Holly mentioned we are temporarily utilitzing the 2008 registration site until the new 2009 site is finished, what with Stef the Web Wonder Woman off gettin' herself hitched in a couple of weeks. We don't yet know what film we'll be screening in 2009, but I know what I'm hoping it is (it has something to do with that We're All Connected theme, ya know)!!!!

Unfortunately it is quite expensive to obtain the movie, the theater has to pay the full rental price to the studio and then we have to recoup that in the tickets sold, and hope there is some left over to go to the charity too.

:omg2: Too much work and not enough play!!! This is great!! :vegasbaby::partytime::bounce:

Time to register!! Thanks,Donna

Vegas is so much fun with all the GALS. :ohbaby::partytime: I registered tonight and made my deposit through PayPal. :vegasbaby:

I never even liked Vegas before I went to my first GALS convention! lol

beejay

I'm with you BeeJay ... since "Vegas 06" anything "Vegas" makes me all warm and fuzzy... LOL