Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GBPhanatic

WOULD YOU ACCEPT THE DANCE?

There is probaby few of us who have not wondered or thought about what it would be like, in our wildest dreams, to have the opportunity to have a happenchance encounter with or be plucked from a crowd by, the object of our desires and affections, Gerard Butler, to have a night with him, the ultimate “Gerry moment”! Go ahead and say you haven’t and you’d be fooling yourself! But for fantasy’s sake, what would YOU do? Would you graciously decline and preserve your own sanctity or sense of values, perhaps your fidelity and decency or would you grasp the opportunity, to fulfill that fantasy?

Yes, you’d be taking risks. However, I'm referring to that risk where the reality of those things in your mind tell you that you would never be the same again, ruined for any other man, or perhaps the chance that it would not live up to your expectations or what you imagined it would be? Then if you declined to “take the chance” would you go through life with regret?

Only individually can we explore those possibilities, deep within the far reaches of our soul. You take the chance, you risk falling off the deep end and being so consumed, that it might be like a drug that you only get one taste of and you will never feel that way again. Or maybe you’d walk away with a sense of closure of having an experience beyond your realm that you can live on the rest of your life and never desiring it again? These are all possibilities we have to ponder, if we ever accepted “the dance”.

THE DANCE

What spell is this that lingers and holds on to each thought.

It haunts my very being with, this hunger he has brought,

Through each conscious, lucid yearning, all day and through the night.

And just before I lay down, and when awakened at first light.

Living life in black and white, or in the color of my dreams,

I've lost the true distinction of what is “actual” it seems.

Between my waking moments and those in quiet repose,

My restless soul is longing, to quench this thirst that grows.

So let me feel, that face, those eyes, his touch, and warmth abide me!

With pounding heart, passion plunging deep, that ebb and flow inside me!

Then sweet release, my spirit soars, through flesh, that rose and fell,

To feel his heat, blood’s raging surge, in heaven or in hell!

Then, let me hold him closely as he claims that wondrous peak,

And fall consumed in rapture, where no words are left to speak.

To awaken from this fantasy, and accept it’s timely end.

Then wander in to daylight to never same “be” again.

Is it fantasy or of fiction? Or maybe twist of fate!

To seek to squelch our hunger, this endless pang to sate!

To reach some final climax of desire’s nagging hold

In hopes of love’s fulfillment in case the heart grows cold..

If ever I have the timelessness, to drink his love's pure flow.

Would it be the one, the first and last, is a thing I may not know.

I ask you then this question, wouldst be better to take that chance?

Then wander through a lifetime, having never had “the dance“?

D

THANK YOU - THAT IS VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!

ONE QUESTION LEADING TO THE ULTIMATE ANSWER !!!

ALWAYS OPT FOR THE " DANCE " - NO MATTER WHAT !!!

DLSPBS - PAT :rose:

Edited by DLSPBS

I'll take the risk! Don't have to think twice!

Um no I can't dance with Gerry. My dance card is full. I would watch a movie where Gerry dances though.

Love,

Tracy

That is beautiful. And of course my answer is YES. No risk involved - I would go into it knowing full well the consequences of my actions. I would regret it more if I didn't spend the night with him than if I did. And even if I end up with a broken heart, I would have that beautiful memory forever.

I would love to try to live the rest of my life that way . . . "I'd rather regret the things I did than the things I didn't do." (Lucille Ball)

I love your poem, D. Speaks to the heart, soul and body of our love for Gerry. :thankyou:

Lisa

I'm afraid I'd have to turn down that particular dance and leave it to fantasy only. But if one of my girlies ever gets the opportunity to do the dance I sure hope she's willing to secretly confide the details to me so I can "refine" the details of my own fantasy. But I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be tempted - though my reality check tells me the risks, for me, would be greater than I'm willing to take because I have a husband I adore and that relationship I'm not willing to risk. He is very tolerant of my Gerry obsession, but I am pretty certain that only extends to Gerry remaining in fantasyland and not in my bed (or me in his).

Now if we changed it up a bit, I'd go for it - spending the night with Gerry to talk, and cuddle and hug - and maybe experience a fabulous snog or two - yes, I'd accept that dance in a heartbeat, knowing full well it had to be a one-time thing.

I guess we know we aint going to be "the one" so if the opportunity arose most would not give a second thought.

Moira

Nope, that's a dance I've shared only with my husband, and only he knows me well enough to meld with me, body and soul.

I love Gerry, but even if I were single, I would never spend the night with him, because "one" dance would hurt too much. I'm not a one dance girl... never was even in my single days.

Gerry would never be the right man for me, much as I love him, I'd rather dance with him in my dreams, because the reality could never match my own imagination.

Swannie

Holy moly, is it hot in here? Whew- some poem! Seeing as I'm single, I would definitely take the dance. Whether consumed or disappointed, I would no longer be left wondering, and even the briefest moment of rapture should be enjoyed, as those moments seem to come few and far between... Like it's been said, better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all....

D -

I find it difficult to give an answer but I agree with everyone who has already posted.....so I won't offer my opinion freely on this board. I just...can't. But I do want to tell you that I loved your poem. It was very moving. I hope you don't mind that I keep it? Not to reproduce of course, just for my own personal enjoyment. Thank you for sharing. :thankyou:

Beautiful poem.

Honestly, I don't know how to answer. I would never want to be just another dance. I hate the idea that he would be just anyones because of who he is. He deserves the best and not just someone who can make themself available because it is Gerry.

If times were different...if things were different, I would never want to live with regrets for things that I let pass me by. It would be easier to live with the regret of doing something that my heart told me was the right thing to do.

D, your question comes to me at a very difficult time of my life.

I just recently learned that more than one person in my life quite possibly will not be here, by this time next year. I will not go into those details here.

But it is because of how one of my dearest friends, who is one of those people, lived her life; that I have come to the conclusion that we all need to live our lives. Don't wait for tomorrow, it may never get here. If there is something you want to do, then by god, do it! But be very prepared to live with the outcome. Good, bad or indiffernt. She taught me this 4 years ago.

Being the responsible one, I'm always trying to do the 'right thing'. And by the right thing I mean for everyone else and not so much for myself. Well, guess what...this ol GAL is now living for ME. That is not to say that I ignore my obligations or responsibilities. These I do with a glad heart, but I have also started doing things that, as my mom says, 'fills my own soul'.

If that means being lucky enough to dance with Gerry, in any fashion he sees fit, then yes; I would accept his dance,and never regret it for one moment!

OOH lovely poem! Is it yours?

I dont give myself freely. Gerry or no Gerry I would need a bond, trust respect and to know Im loved.

Im worth more than a one night stand even though I would be tempted I have the power to resist

besides if hell froze over and the opportunity ever came up I would make him beg and work for it :ohbaby:

no matter how charming he is :pucker:

lol! interesting thread :D

I'm loving your responses to my query! My poem was to set the mood and yes, I wrote it, and all of those I post here, written with love and from the inspiration of Gerry! Anyone who wants to copy any of my poems, feel free and thank you for your compliments! Let your fantasies unwind!

D

THANK YOU - THAT IS VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!

ONE QUESTION LEADING TO THE ULTIMATE ANSWER !!!

ALWAYS OPT FOR THE " DANCE " - NO MATTER WHAT !!!

AFTER COMING BACK AND READING ALL THE POSTS AND INPUT

LET ME REITERATE MY OPINION -

ALWAYS OPT FOR THE "DANCE" - ON YOUR OWN TERMS-

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING YOU CHOOSE TO DO -

AND NEVER A ONE NIGHT STAND WITH OR WITHOUT GB !!

P.S EDITED TO ADD -FROM A INDEPENDANT MINDED

BUSINESS WOMAN THAT HAS BEEN MARRIED 30+ YRS

Edited by DLSPBS

My husband and I have been given a hard lot with our lives. There were times I as a notorious over sharer have told you all that we fought a lot and yeah we discussed divorce. We were too poor to get a divorce and we both wanted the kid. Since you cannot cut a child in half, ask King Solomon. :p

we stuck it out. Luckily we fell back in love.

The idea of actually being with Gerry Butler intimately is hilarious to me. Yeah he is hot, but I don't know him from Adam. He is never gonna see me nekkid. No way in Hades. He wouldn't want to and I wouldn't want him to.

Would I like to tell him I love his work? Sure, if I didn't freak out. Do I wish I owned every movie he ever made? You bet.

In the end hot or not he is only a man. Movie star or not he is only a man. I am sure he agrees he is only a man.

I love to write characters that I see in my mind looking like Gerry making love usually with characters I see looking like Jen Ellison. My fantasy involves the characters with the female characters not myself.

I have been fans of many people in my life. I'll be fans of more probably before I die, but I have only ever loved one man and cannot fathom ever loving anyone else as I have and do love him.

It is no disrespect towards Gerry. I think he is a phenomenal actor, and singer.

He comes off absolutely darling in interviews.

It is just Hubby and I both made through our health crisis's without either ending up being very serious.

We are blessed. We have had extremely hard lives and probably always will, but so have many people and to quote Garth Brooks' song.

"We could have missed the pain, but we would have had to miss the dance."

Would I trade that for an evening with Gerry? Not for all his money and Jen's figure.

I hope Gerry loves someone someday as I love my husband if it is what he truly wants and it would make him happy.

If I missed the point of this thread. Forgive me 'tis been a long day.

I did like your poem though.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

After reading the TUT interview....I suddenly find myself fantasizing about salsa dancing with him.

I would dance all night long! Salsa and otherwise!!!

Edited by isaboo

I would take the dance, but only if it was just a dance. I love my husband very much, and fantasy or not, there's no one else I'd rather be totally miserable or insanely happy with. I don't think Gerry would take the dance with me though - I always have to lead!!!!

This is all very interesting! I'm finding out a lot about GALS! My question, I guess, was designed to initiate a fantasy, for fun. That is, afterall, what fantasy is about. It wasn't about having a taudry one night stand so much, unless that's what you're in to and that's OK. For me, I personally would never consider a one night stand or having sex with someone on a first date, unless maybe I already knew them. That would get a potential relationship off to a bad start, kind of like starting in the middle. You'd have nothing to look forward to.

But, I'm not talking about the real world here. This would not be in the real world, not the one we live in and considering having a "night" with Gerry is something that all of us could only fantasize about in our minds. (Although personally for me, waking up next to him every morning is running a close second in my list of fantasies). And because, we would expect no more than the one night, wouldn't we want to make it memorable? Cut to the chase? That doesn't necessarily mean having sex, I suppose, although that thought is a delightful one, it could mean anything you want it too. A long walk, a foot massage, how about a slow dance, whatever. Maybe just a nice long kiss, a proper "snog" that lasts, what did he say, at least two minutes? Whew! Breathe! But just because you would consider it or do it in a "heartbeat", doesn't make it a bad thing.

For those of you who would not consider it, even with Gerry, because of your morals, your faithfullness to your significant other, or the old fashion rigid mores that society puts on women to behave like ladies, hey, good for you. However, you know that you'd like to if the circumstances were "different", all the usual excuses, if you were single, thinner, younger, and the stars and planets all lined up properly in the Universe and don't lie to yourselves or me, you little vixens! You would, admit it! It's OK! Fantasize it all! It's not the real world anyway.

As for me, I would have to break my rule on one night stands, perhaps, just this one time. If there would be no hope of a "second" night, then better get it while you can. That's my rationale, anyway. The main reason I would do it would be that from what I've learned about this man, he doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who would be in it just for himself, his own gratification. He seems like he gets a lot of pleasure out of what the other person is experiencing! He would make sure you felt special about it, comfortable and was left with a beautiful memory, something beyond the normal "Gerry moment". More than an autograph or picture getting a hug, even though those are great! (Guess you could call it "Extreme Gerry")

Enjoy "the dance" whatever it is, instead of sitting this one out, this time. As Knight indicated, "life's too short".

D

P.S. And if it ever happens don't forget to PM Susan the "details" so she may live her fantasy vicariously through you!

Love the poem!

Sally

Even if I were single and gorgeous, I still would not have a one night stand with Gerry. I had opportunities to do that with some pretty exciting and gorgeous men back in my dating years, but I've always known that was not for me. I need a soul connection.... something more than just physical attraction or the excitement of pursuit.

In order for me to really step into this fantasy and place myself in that kind of position, I would have to be someone other than the person I am. I may be old fashioned, but I've always believed that when you have sex with someone you become ONE. I would not be able to become one with a person, and then know it would never happen again.

Now if I could have one night with Gerry, and sex was not involved, then yes, I would love to hang out with him, just sit and talk and end the night with a warm hug. If I were single in this scenario, I'm afraid even a kiss would be out of the question, because when I kiss a man.... he can't settle for just the kiss.

Swannie

Swansong posted: I need a soul connection.... something more than just physical attraction or the excitement of pursuit.

I smiled at that! I don't do the pursuiting but I do make it interesting.

:)