Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

10/2 - Moment of "Truth" for Heigl, Butler

from: http://www.usatoday.com/life/2008-10-02-co...tractions_N.htm

Moment of 'Truth' for Heigl, Butler

Dr. Izzie of Grey's Anatomy and King Leonidas of 300 as the next Doris Day and Rock Hudson?

That's what it sounds like, judging from the plot details of Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler's The Ugly Truth, arriving April 3.

Heigl is an unlucky-in-love TV producer of a low-rated morning show. She comes across The Ugly Truth, a cable show hosted by Butler's Neanderthal, who prides himself on revealing what men really think of women.

She hires him as a correspondent, and he in turn uses her as his guinea pig to test his theories.

"It's quite outrageous what I come out with," says Butler. "I'm kind of like an Adam Carolla meets a Howard Stern."

Butler says Heigl is a formidable opponent. "She is a girl with a big personality, and that is how she is when she acts. She has opinions, she is intelligent and she's nobody's fool. … To stand off against her is exciting. You're kept on your toes."

In order to keep off her toes, Butler took dancing lessons for a salsa scene with Heigl. Maybe they will prove to be the next Fred and Ginger, too.

Susan Wloszczyna

In order to keep off her toes, Butler took dancing lessons for a salsa scene ...

*grumbling* If I don't get Pinky in this movie, I'm gonna 'splode! This is TORTURE!! :gah:

Now ... someone pass the salsa chips...

Guest Nay
If that scene involves a satin ruffled shirt, oiled hair and tap shoes, I'll need a friend to just SHOOT me!! Okay, Oggs? ;) Edited by Nay

In order to keep off her toes, Butler took dancing lessons for a salsa scene with Heigl. Maybe they will prove to be the next Fred and Ginger, too.

:poof: Are you :fook: ing kidding me???? :thud: God I hope it's not a funny scene, but a serious and maybe a little sexy scene?

:galdown:

Lisa

thanks for that link :)

wonder if the scene is going to be a bit comical being the movie is a romantic comedy?

:woohoo: Gerry dancing the salsa... :wow2: I can't wait! :dancegal: May I Cut in!!!

ETA: *guest* , I love your wonderful Siggy Piggy Avatar!!!

Aye carumba!

Suddenly I feel the urge to take salsa lessons!

maybe thats why he was hanging around with the cast of dancing with the stars??? getting lessons??

Hey Isaboo- I love your new siggy. I can't wait to see him in RocknRolla- that dancing scene looks hilarious. He's toooo fine. :hubba:

Hey Isaboo- I love your new siggy. I can't wait to see him in RocknRolla- that dancing scene looks hilarious. He's toooo fine. :hubba:

Thank you!!! I like yours too! lol

I can't wait for everyone to be able to see RocknRolla!!!! It was hilarious!

Oh Gerry, I can give you some private salsa classes ANYTIME. :wuv:

Gerard Butler's School of Salsa Dancing - who's signing up for lessons????

The blind leading the blind! Sign me up.

I can hear the room full of laughter now.

Okay I'll admit I'm not blind but for Gerry I'll wear the blind fold.

I asked my friend who got to see a pre-screening of TUT and she said the salsa scene is very sexy - not a comedic scene! :drool1:

Can't wait to see it!! Good lord!! :thud:

I asked my friend who got to see a pre-screening of TUT and she said the salsa scene is very sexy - not a comedic scene! :drool1:

Good Lord is right!!

I'm still trying to deal with the anticipation of RnR and you throw this at me Lisa! :gah:

Hey - there are already screenings? Seems so early, no?

thanks for clarifying that Lisa :)

Im inspired to put on my Gipsy Kings cd and start dancing around my room "Bamboleo..." :music:

:thud::poof:

I cannot watch Dancing With the Stars without fantasizing that Gerry is doing the dances.....Now I'll actually get to see him dance......What does your friend do, Lisa if she got to see a screening....is she in the business? If she says it's not comedic but very sexy......maybe this salsa dance leads to another kind of dancing....:wink:

OY! I can't wait!!!!!!!

BTW - Would you ask your friend what Gerry was wearing while salsa-ing? :drool1:

Number One: LOVE The Gypsy Kings!!!

Number Two: I don't remember how she got to go, but it was one of those situations where it was a certain age age limit and they wanted their opinions after. I did that with my sons for Nacho Libre (so glad I didn't pay for it). She was very lucky, indeed. It wasn't something that will happen again until it gets closer.

Number Three: I don't want to ask what he was wearing! I wanna be surprised about some things! :lol: I already know too much about RNR, I don't want to learn too much about this. :D Forgive me?

Number Four: She said that Gerry and Katherine had great chemistry in the movie, making this scene really sexy.

Number Five: DAMN I can't wait to see him salsa dancing!!! :yummy:

:hugs:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I'm cannot see Gerry as a "neanderthal" so i cannot wait for this movie, plus the salsa scene!? CANNOT WAIT!

Brumie

Remember how people started taking pottery classes after the scene in Ghost? Me thinks this could have the same effect. Gosh serious Gerry dancing...the stuff dreams are made of. Even in the sillly dancing you can see the man has moves.

I think watching him salsa dance will push me over the edge!!!

:swoon:

GOOD GAWD! I can't wait. I wonder what he'll be wearing???

:woohoo:

Edited by isaboo