Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Aussiegal

Gerry's Music

I was just wondering if anybody knows what type of music Gerry listens too? :music:

That's an excellent question! Maybe we should all make a list of things we don't know about Gerry and ask? Who we would give it to, don't know. His "people", I guess. Would be nice to know those things as long as the questions didn't get too personal.

In that Max interview he said he loves The Rolling Stones

from the interviews that were posted I think he said Sigur Ross

He said he did covers of The Doors and Hendrix when he was singing with Speed

Im sure I read more but they dont come to mind now

hope that helps you :)

How much older his siblings are than him?

When will he make BURNS?

IS HE HAPPY MOST OF THE TIME? WHAT WOULD MAKE HIM MORE HAPPY IF NOT?

We know he likes Bent-Everlasting Blink. I would love to know who else he likes musically. For instance, what he has on his ipod.

Those are a few if someone would like to start a REAL list, please add mine. Everything else I think he would think to personal. Like how long was his MUM alone before she remarried, and was Alex his only stepfather, and are they close? A small look into his childhood, if there was a father figure he respected before his Dad came back into the picture. He seems to like Alex looking at pics of them together. I know he said his stepdad was there when his Father came back into his life, I just wonder how long he had been there before his Dad came back.

What size shirt does he wear. We know he wears 34/34 jeans, but how about shirt?

What really is his favorite food? Something new or something from childhood? Maybe his favorite meal.

I have a million but if he really will answer I'll add to the list.

whoa! :whoa:

It seems your suggesting a book not a list lol!

Wow thanks for the info on his waist size I didnt know that :)

I think the rest about his childhood and father seem to personal for him to share but I would love to know what is on his iPod as well

Gerry also likes Coldplay. I would imagine he wears an XL shirt since he is over six feet tall. Yes, his jeans are 34x34 and they smell divine!

And BTW~ Everlasting Blink is a good album!

Aussiegal, you might want to read the School of Butler thread. We answer all kinds of these type of questions there :wave:

At a .net convention in Glasgow, I think Gerry's mum said that he enjoyed sitting on her balcony overlooking the beautiful Scottish countryside and listening to traditional Scottish music. She said it relaxed him.

At a .net convention in Glasgow, I think Gerry's mum said that he enjoyed sitting on her balcony overlooking the beautiful Scottish countryside and listening to traditional Scottish music. She said it relaxed him.

Thanks everyone for all your interesting suggestions. I think someone (Maybe I should) should do a list of what we think would be on Gerry's Ipod.

:wuv: I can so see that!

Deb . . . where did he say he liked Coldploy? Just curious. The others I already knew.

I've been one who has always wanted to know what's on his iPod. iTunes has this thing where they have celebs say what's on their iPods, and I would love to see Gerry do that. I wish there was some way to get that request to Gerry. How cool would that be? I would think Apple would realize what a market there would be for finding that out! :lol:

Lisa

Oh I think I have that Bent cd somewhere...

I wonder if he likes to listen to the sounds of bagpipes playing :)

theres nothing in the world like the sound of bagpipes except for the violin :wuv:

Oh I think I have that Bent cd somewhere...

I wonder if he likes to listen to the sounds of bagpipes playing :)

theres nothing in the world like the sound of bagpipes except for the violin :wuv:

thats one of the reasons I love Cruxshadows so much - and even Rammstein. I love it when music brings in orchestral type instruments.

LOVE the bagpipes - especially the haunting ones. Anyone ever listen to Mychael Danna

no never heard of cruxshadows , what type of music are they and never heard of Mychale Danna

are they bagpipe tunes? LOL! I think my neighbors would never look at me the same again if I started blasting bagpipe music

:music:

I listen to bagpipe music and my neighbors don't look at me too funny!

Lisa, I don't remember where the Coldplay comment was made. But it was well over a year ago.

no never heard of cruxshadows , what type of music are they and never heard of Mychale Danna

are they bagpipe tunes? LOL! I think my neighbors would never look at me the same again if I started blasting bagpipe music

:music:

They are a gothic band, if I had to describe Id call it industrial techno. What I love about them is that they incorporate not just the violin (etc) but their songs - you learn from them. The majority of their songs are based off of actual Greek mythology, and the other songs just have powerful messages to them. If you go to www.cruxshadows.com theres a mini player at the top of their website you can hear previews of songs.

Mychael Danna... Im sure youve heard one or two of his songs - theres this one really well known song that was on the Little Miss Sunshine soundtrack - they also did one off of Boondock Saints. He does other kinds, but he collaborated with his brother Jeff Danna on two Celtic albums - very haunting beautiful music.

Cruxshadows isnt bagpipes LOL

Edited by aqcheryl

Knight Phantom: I said that because of the neighborhood I live in lol!

agcheryl :thanks for the info :)

I'll check them out

and Boondock Saints is a fave movie! loves it! xoxo I remember they were gonna make a sequel but never got more

info on that

Knight Phantom: I said that because of the neighborhood I live in lol!

agcheryl :thanks for the info :)

I'll check them out

and Boondock Saints is a fave movie! loves it! xoxo I remember they were gonna make a sequel but never got more

info on that

I was woken up today by heavy shake the windows rattling polka mariachi music. Id blast me some bagpipes but I dont want to stoop to their level and have a music war. Besides its not a nice area to live in, what would be next.

Boondock is a classic isnt it hehe

He likes the Grateful Dead and the opera, I don't know what kind of opera though.

I like opera myself, but I do not know the names of any of it really. Ive heard that you either love it or hate it, there is no in between.

I love classical as well, especially the harpsichord - that is my favorite instrument.

I finally broke down and listened to Red Carpet Massacre by Duran Duran - I say broke down because for well over a decade of my life I was a hardcore Durannie. I still love them, but when I heard this album was collaborated with Timberlake and Timbaland... yeah, I was hesitant. But the other day I broke down and listened, and yes I scrapped most of the songs LOL I found four I love:

Shes Too Much, Falling Down, Tempted, and then Tricked Out. Which has the harpsichord!!!

Nothing gets me like music that implements this. Theres been some rap/r&b songs that normally I ignore but they would have implement this and make me at least second listen.

So anyways, I can totally agree with him on the opera, there.

He likes the Grateful Dead and the opera, I don't know what kind of opera though.

Great to hear! Love Opera Puccini is one of my fave I love all of them :wuv:

better still Montserrat Caballe singing Puccini is even better her voice is off the hook :kiss:

Now im curious what kind he likes did you read this somewhere?

Agcheryl do you like Cradle of Filth?

For the list to ask Gerry or his people...Because I love his eyes so much with those amazing brown flecks in them, I would like to know what color of eyes his parents have/had. I know from basic genetics that if he has the brown gene to give him the brown flakes he should have brown eyes. His eyes are just so unusually beautiful.

I wonder what he thinks of Albannach? I love them.

Great to hear! Love Opera Puccini is one of my fave I love all of them :wuv:

better still Montserrat Caballe singing Puccini is even better her voice is off the hook :kiss:

Now im curious what kind he likes did you read this somewhere?

Agcheryl do you like Cradle of Filth?

I know I recently saw on that video of the premiere of RocknRolla they mention to him about being a rocknrolla and he said in his real life no, and then the guy insinuates is he a opera stay at home kind of guy - he didnt flat out say he likes opera there - but he agreed with the man interviewing with him.

Personally I dont know Cradle of Filth, though Ive heard that name. I forgot to add that along with r&b I dont like thrash metal. LOL You know, the kind where they scream sing. I hate that. Ive heard what sounds like really good music and then they open their mouths. LOL

Checking out cradleoffilth.com.... I am watching Nymphetamine video and so far it has my interest! Im waiting for him to open his mouth though. haha You know... as far as this video... I really like this song - even if it sounds like he might scream any moment. But I love this so far, Im a dark person so this appeals. Oooh I am in love! [yes I am typing in real time rofl] I gotta get this song.

http://cradleoffilth.ning.com/video/video/...260416:Video:62

Now Im playing Midnight Shadows (just the song). So far so good, this has caught my attention - thanks for the lead. He does scream, but its well done here.

On a side note as I type this I see on the <--- side panel the golf pictures and its funny. I am so not surprised he would golf, but am I the only one that sees the irony of a great big scot playing golf? ROFL At least he can, it would seem. Ive tried mini golf and SUCK. Id be crying (from lol'ing) if he was at a mini golf course. The sad thing is everything is mini there, including the 'sets' so when youre tall you already feel out of place. I know I do.... hes 4 maybe 5" taller than me he'd probably feel like Gerryzilla stormin Tokyo lol I kiidddd I kidddd (said in Triumph Insult Dog voice lol)

Seriously, I dont begrudge it, golf requires thinking - mathematical precision more than people give it credit for. In fact unlike most sports out there, it really requires more use of the brain - and youre all on your own for it. I love math. sigh Hey Gerry... theres a golf course out here in Valencia...::cough::cough::

Have you ever heard Rammstein?

I just had this thought:

Gerry, honestly, strikes me as one who would like ACDC.

LOL

and why do mustard squeeze bottles never squeeze? I swear its like elmers glue... maybe my next art project Ill use mustard instead.

Edited by aqcheryl

lol! about the mustard bottles...

Glad u liked Cradle of Filth, that song and video is the reason I fell in love with it. I was watching it on MTV one day and had to go get that cd I love the gothic feel to it. A person can only take so much "pop tart" music thats on the radio these days :)

I think my brother has some Rammstein cd's but Im not into metal I prefer listening to gangsta rap and reggae :music: lol!

I have an eclectic taste in music and will at least try new stuff but I already got a "weird" collection of music cd's

That interview you were talking about with the opera comment I thought he said he was a stay at home and read books guy

maybe you meant another interview?

speaking of weird music I wonder if Gerry might like listening to chant. Anyone have any chants cd's. The Gregorian Chants are the

best of course there's also that new Age chant and Native Tribal chant

Oh I know I cannot stand all this pop stuff. Remember the good ole days when Headbangers Ball was on? I love Rammstein perhaps because its in German and industrial more than heavy metal in a way. I like 80s metal, but usually the metal today... though its hard to say because I dont watch tv much and I dont listen to the radio ROFL, so new stuff, Im always behind on.

When I was on Cradle of Filth site, I saw why I had recognized their name, I had heard of them before I had seen that ghost video - I forget the name of the song already. The one where its all snowy. It had caught my eye a couple of years ago but... didnt like the way he was singing. LOL

I can get down with Reggae, but rap - I just cant. Thats not to say Im opposed to liking some songs. Like theres several Eminem songs I like, and I loved Coolios 'Gangsta Rap' from oh so long ago LOL

I dont listen to metal much honestly, not even Rammstein, as much as I love them. I listen to Cruxshadows, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, 80s, new age, medieval.

It was from the Yahoo link... I swear I remember hearing them say opera, thats how I even knew. I stumbled across that link. Id go back and relook but I really dont feel like sitting through 12 more Swedish Fish ads LOL That commercial kept looping instead of loading the video. Grr...

I used to have a Gregorian chants CD. I do like it but you know what I like better, have you ever listened to Enigma? They incorporate chants and all kinds into their music. I say 'their' but its not a band its really Michael Cretu. These are the bands that I love enough to have their own folder on my Ipod(lol); Cruxshadows, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Enigma, Enya, Killers, The Birthday Massacre and Guns n Roses. I grew up on Axl. ROFL

And it seems like he likes Sting, we can add that to the mix right?

In 1985 Duran Duran members Simon Lebon, Nick Rhodes, and Roger Taylor formed a side project called Arcadia. Off their 'So Red the Rose' album, is a track called "The Promise", which Sting performed on. hehe

I wonder what he thinks of Albannach? I love them.

So do I! They have great songs on their MySpace page.

I get the feeling Gerry has an eclectic taste in music. I think he would like AC/DC, but I also think he does like opera (I remember him saying that, too, but a different interview), classical, dance music, whatever strikes his fancy at a particular moment (Bent is not a fave for me). I don't think Gerry pigeonholes himself into any category for anything. He reads some intense history/political books, as well as being a South Park fan so that pretty much sums him up. :lol:

Maybe one day we'll know . . .

Lisa