Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

10/6 Gerry's appearance on Leno...let's discuss LOL!

Well, at first - I thought he was going to have a really good interview. He was calm, didn't start swearing, and he seemed to be doing very well. But then when he made his comments regarding his Aunt's friend looking ugly and that he didn't mind that a man might be checking him out in the shower. I thought those were rude and disgusting, especially on the latter.

And the urinating in the bushes was a little... we'll its not something that you would normally want to admit in public.

:funnyup:Yep that is our man Gerry...he is like the movie Phantom of the Opera...you either love it or hate it but..you just can't pass it by. If you think that was rough wait until he gets on Conan....Now there's a man who loves to pull the worms out of his guests! Last time on Conan there was a conversation about "Man scaping".... Or as the woman in Montreal said "You mean you don't trrrrim down there?" :funnyup:

The comment made by his aunt was given as an example that Scottish people often say things like that to one another - after Jay told about what the policeman said to his own mother when he took her back to Scotland. We sometimes need to remember that humor doesn't always translate country to country. Personally I thought it was hilarious because he ended it with how embarassed his aunt was when she realized what she had said! I also don't understand why it is rude that he wasn't phased by the fact that a gay man might be checking him out - to me it just said he is comfortable in his own skin and with his own

Yes Susan, that was CRYSTAL clear - but thanks for explaining anyway ;) And it was an awesome anecdote. :p

The comment made by his aunt was given as an example that Scottish people often say things like that to one another - after Jay told about what the policeman said to his own mother when he took her back to Scotland. We sometimes need to remember that humor doesn't always translate country to country. Personally I thought it was hilarious because he ended it with how embarassed his aunt was when she realized what she had said! I also don't understand why it is rude that he wasn't phased by the fact that a gay man might be checking him out - to me it just said he is comfortable in his own skin and with his own masculinity - and when he realized WHY the guy was looking at him he was embarassed enough to have to pretend he had eye problems which were a reason for wearing his sunglasses into the shower.

His peeing story was pure Hugh Jackman to me. I swear every time I've seen Hugh (my 2nd favorite actor in the world) on Leno he tells stories about bodily functions. The first time he told something very similar to Gerry's story - about drinking too much water before performing Gaston on stage in Beauty and the Beast and figuring out how bad an idea that was much too late when he had to hit a big note and that meant either squeeking out the note, or peeing his pants on stage, and he chose to hit the note and then rushing off stage to change his costume. It's obviously a "bloke" thing, but I was cracking up when Gerry was telling his story (though I was also imagining his mum chastising him for it afterwards, and Aunt Kathleen has probably given him an earful as well).

I thought the same exact thing and I watch whenever Hugh is on Leno as well and you're right about him as well. I thought the interview was awesome and the same ol' Gerry.

It's funny - for me I would have found it "disgusting" if he DID mind the man checking him out. In fact - his comment seemed to be the opposite of "rude". But . . . that's just my opinion of course.

I'd rather talk about how much I absolutely adored this interview anyway.

That's exactly how I took it. That he didn't even think about it in a negative way at all. Shows the true man that he is and like Susan said (and I think I did a few pages back) it also shows that Gerry is comfortable with his own masculinity to walk around naked in a locker of other men and be looked at.

He was great - just perfect. I love how he cracks himself up before he tells his stories - and how he KNOWS he has a funny story for everything!!

When I was first dipping my toes into Gerry fandom, I had no idea what to expect from the "real" Gerry in interviews and such. Back then I had lived a very sheltered life, and was not at all used to a man who used the F-word the way I say "damn"... or who spoke openly about spreading his legs in a kilt at his sister's wedding (and we all know what Scotsmen wear under their kilts...LOL.) I nearly died of laughter when he told THAT story, but I was also shocked, and have been shocked many times since then.

It took time for me to get used to the "real" Gerry... and now I would not want him any other way.

Swannie

The comment made by his aunt was given as an example that Scottish people often say things like that to one another - after Jay told about what the policeman said to his own mother when he took her back to Scotland. We sometimes need to remember that humor doesn't always translate country to country. Personally I thought it was hilarious because he ended it with how embarassed his aunt was when she realized what she had said! I also don't understand why it is rude that he wasn't phased by the fact that a gay man might be checking him out - to me it just said he is comfortable in his own skin and with his own

Yes Susan, that was CRYSTAL clear - but thanks for explaining anyway ;) And it was an awesome anecdote. :p

Sorry, didn't mean to be redundant, only trying to clarify in a way that it might shed a light on Gerry not being rude but rather Gerry being, well, Gerry - and Scottish.

Sorry, didn't mean to be redundant, only trying to clarify in a way that it might shed a light on Gerry not being rude but rather Gerry being, well, Gerry - and Scottish.

Oh, no, no - I didn't think you were being redundant. Sorry. I was merely trying to confirm/affirm that you were spot-on. I probably should have just said that. :lol:

I meant that it was a great story and it's a shame if everyone didn't get the end of the story where he wraps the whole thing up about his aunt being embarassed - that was the whole point and I thought it was brilliant and entertaining as always. (sorry for the confusion).

:kisswink: Edited by HazelEyes

It's funny - for me I would have found it "disgusting" if he DID mind the man checking him out. In fact - his comment seemed to be the opposite of "rude". But . . . that's just my opinion of course.

I'd rather talk about how much I absolutely adored this interview anyway.

That's exactly how I took it. That he didn't even think about it in a negative way at all. Shows the true man that he is and like Susan said (and I think I did a few pages back) it also shows that Gerry is comfortable with his own masculinity to walk around naked in a locker of other men and be looked at.

He was great - just perfect. I love how he cracks himself up before he tells his stories - and how he KNOWS he has a funny story for everything!!

I for one know several men who are enamored with Gerry on one of our sister sites. I am not offended by them I just think they have good taste in men like me! :wuv:

I really don't think Gerry thinks women who have had children are less desirable than any other women. I got out of it that having children causes more worry and stress therefore possibly making one appear a little older than someone without children. I've sometimes thought that about people too as some of my relatives with kids seem to have more of the apprearance of aging on their faces than some without kids. Then again maybe it's genes or something.

Edited by annabanana

Guest DonnaKat

Men always check each other out in the shower (at least that's what I've heard). And if truth be told, I betcha women do too. And show me one man who has never peed in a bush at least once in his life. Hey, if ya gotta go, ya gotta go!

And as much as motherhood is a wonderful thing, bearing children DOES tax the woman's body. It's a fact of life. Since I've never had children I don't know what happened to mine, but at least the rest of you have an excuse (not that you need one, but you know what I mean). :funnyface:

Gerry tends to put his foot in his mouth quite a bit, and after hearing the story about "Aunt Kathleen", I can see where he must get it from. He can't help it. It's genetic! :D

That interview was hysterical and just pure Gerry - he is Scottish through and through. Emily you will in time if Gerry keeps a hold of you hopefully come to appreciate his entertaining style warts and all as that is Gerry and most of us would not want him to be something he is not - if you can't appreciate it - but still like his movies then that is the happy medium you should aim for.

You are entitled to your opinion but with respect and I do not mean to offend but if I for example found more negative than positive things I really would evaluate if I was a true fan of someone that wants to join in all things fandom or just someone who likes a persons work but not much else about them. I have always tried to be true to whatever fandoms I have belonged to and once I maybe started to be more negative about a person I have got out = more out of respect to those fans who are still very pro the person. We can't always like everything about a person but when you dislike more than you like then to me that is the bar you aim for when deciding what kind of a fan you are. :2cents:

Moira :wave:

This is a little off subject but since we are talking things that Gerry might say that might offend, my son's new wife does not like the "f" word. In fact, because his father throws it around so much, she has put the restraints on him to associate with his Dad much. I can understand her concern with young children. One time, when we were playing golf, afterwards we were loading up our clubs and a young guy and girl walked up to us and chastised my husband for his frequent and loud use of the word fook. He stood there for five minutes, going on and on about how inappropriate it was, and it was offending to his lady friend, so on and so on. My husband just stood there, appologizing, waiting for the guy to shut up and finally when he did, I looked at my husband and said, "see, how many times have I told you stop "fooking" cussing out on the golf course! True story! :funnyup:

D

May...u must share that photo w/ me Im embarrassed for asking :flee:

lol!

about his comments I just want to say I dont mind him uncensored :yourock:

censorship sucks :escape:

Too bad Thandie got gypped, she didn't get to snog with the self-described "world's best kisser" - bummer

I LOL'd a lot - lotsa talk about being nekkid and orgasms LMAO wish Jay didn't talk over him so much, just let Gerry talk, he's quite entertaining.

Girl, great minds think alike!!! I was thinking the same thing....Dang those thighs...mmmmmmmmmmmm! So Yummy!!!

May...u must share that photo w/ me Im embarrassed for asking :flee:

lol!

about his comments I just want to say I dont mind him uncensored :yourock:

censorship sucks :escape:

No problem just PM me your email address because believe it or not Photobucket refuses to let me post it there!

Men always check each other out in the shower (at least that's what I've heard). And if truth be told, I betcha women do too.

Yet another reason for me not to work out at a gym. lol

GERRY is just being GERRY! I say Love-em or Leave-em! I choose to Love-em! :wuv:

:) Frannie

Saw the show this morning (recorded it last night).

OMFB!!!! The spread, the thighs :drool1::drool1: , the imagery :bum: !! :galdown:

I will never look at sunglasses on any man in the same way again! :gutter:

Judging by the camera angles that we got, on the Scottish spread, I think the camera person must have been a GAL. I could not rip my eyes off those thighs.

OMFB!!!! The spread, the thighs :drool1::drool1: , the imagery :bum: !! :galdown:

Judging by the camera angles that we got, on the Scottish spread, I think the camera person must have been a GAL. I could not rip my eyes off those thighs.

Yeah, the thighs . . . :lalala:But the man DOES have scrumptious legs, doesn't he?

GERRY is just being GERRY! I say Love-em or Leave-em! I choose to Love-em! :wuv:

:) Frannie

And love him wholeheartedly.

Love him unconditionally!! Like our children who sometimes put their foot in their mouth but you laugh because you know they have a good heart and didn't mean anything malicious. Gerry has a good heart. Bless him!! I'll love him until the end of time!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy :wave:

It was great to see Gerry on Leno. He looked great! Loved his stories especially the one about the filming of Mrs. Brown. His "demonstrations" of his dealing with the cold were hilarious. He never ceases to amaze me with his sense of humor. He is a hoot. I like many of you were amazed at his height. My word I couldn't believe how tall he looked compared to the comedian on the show. I always forget how tall he is. Boy, is he gorgeous.

geara :yummy:

HUH!?! Thighs....spread...camera angles...DID I MISS SOMETHING? I've been so busy welcoming new Gals and getting them to vote that I MUST have missed something...please share?

Loved him last night! He was hysterical, Gerry as only Gerry can be. Himself.

As for the gay thing . . . I saw nothing wrong with that comment. He was just giving us an inside look at his thought process and didjya notice that it didn't bother him? He's so comfortable with himself that to have someone who may or may not be gay look at him doesn't phase him. THAT'S what I got out of that statement. It just didn't matter. But then to have the story end with the sunglasses.

Posted Image He is such a rockstar!! :lmao: