Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Aussiegal

Places of Interest

I'm off to Scotland in January & I was wondering if anyone could recommend any where interesting I should see or visit? :wave:

I will be off to England and Scotland in June also- we should keep in touch with any info we get!!! If anyone has advice, please let both of us know!

That sounds like a good Idea. I actually leave for my trip in early December but I'm doing a tour of Europe first. Then I'm hiring a car & travelling around The UK. Should be fun

When you arrive in Scotland you should be sure to visit Edinburgh, a beautiful city with many interesting and historic sites. A visit to Glasgow is also a must. Glasgow is a vibrant city with lots to see. If you Google the two places you will find many links to sites which will then give you an idea of what each city has to offer. Other than that contact the Scottish Tourist Board and they will be able to provide you with many different ideas to suit your personal taste.

Glasgow and Scotland are fairly closely situated and only about 1 hrs. train ride apart.

edited to add a link to the Tourist Board website:

http://www.visitscotland.com/

Edited by patsyb

I recommend Glasgow, Edinburgh, loch lommend and also Alloway ( think thats it.) As if your into rabbie burns or anything like that its where his old cottege etc is.And you can go vist it.

I have an interest in Castles and Stonehenge. I do remember another rock form not far from stonehenge when I googled it. Oh, I hope you take lots of pictures. And always Safe Journey!

:)