Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

My Favorite Gerry Photoshoot

Hi everyone, I was revisiting these photos today, and given we have so many new members on the site, I thought I would post the link.

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/shoots/pope04/

I just love how the photographer seems to have captured the real Gerry. The lighting is quite dramatic and really accentuates his features to their best. The contrast between dark and light are what give these images their beauty... almost a metaphor for who we each are as human beings, a blend of light and shadow. I also love the way the photographer's lens seems to penetrate Gerry's eyes... both their physical qualities, and their emotional depth.

If Gerry were sitting in front of me right now, I would tell him how amazing I think he is, and that the very human, vulnerable quality these photos reveal.... is the reason why so many of us love him.

I'm so glad he's not just a perfect cardboard cutout figure... but a flesh and blood man with the human characteristics we all have. I don't see him as someone to idolize unrealistically.... but a person I admire for all the good I've seen in him over the years.... for all the times he's been more than polite to his fans, the press and his coworkers. For all the great interviews he's given.... for the kind things he does for others; calling Bethy on Christmas; saving a drowning boy; calling a boy with cancer to say, "You are my hero Stephen." And for making films which truly move us.

I just wanted to celebrate with these gorgeous photos.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I offer you a very "choked up" THANK YOU--I needed this tonight. Those are indeed,

absolutely some of the best photos ever, and as usual, you summed up how many of

the rest of us feel about Gerry. And you know, We ARE all connected, aren't we!!

Big hugs,

Judy

Swannie, I dearly love the Martin Pope photo shoot! My favorite of those is this one http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/shoots/pope04/7.jpg.html

But my absolute favorite photo shoot is the Harry Borden one http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/shoots/borden02/

and this pic http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/shoots/bord...orden4.jpg.html

He looks like he just rolled out of bed, but with the little boy still in his eyes. I miss seeing that little boy sometimes.

This is why I love this site and the women here. :thankyou: Swannie for starting this thread, and Deb for adding to it. I adore Gerry just like everyone else, with my entire heart and soul. I agree that one of the reasons we love him so much is the fact that he is a real person - not a god, not pretending to be something he's not.

I don't really have a favorite photoshoot per se, just favorite pictures that speak to me. If I had more time before I had to go to work I would post them, but the Rankin, Agius and Hagopian shoots have some of my favorites.

But honestly, my favorite pics of Gerry are always the most current ones so that I can look in his eyes now and feel connected to him.

:wuv:

Lisa

Do any of you have a favorite photoshoot of Gerry? If so which one and why? Photographers amaze me, because I despise getting my picture taken. To me when a photographer manages to capture the soul in a person's eyes, it's magic!

Hope more of you will share!

Swannie

Swannie - my favorite photoshoot is also Pope. I think his pictures captured the magic of Gerry's eyes, his most amazing physical feature (IMO) better than any other has. We get to see him serious, slyly smiling, giggling - a whole range of emotions captured on film. Of course Pope also was kind enough to give us the other physical features we so love- the hands, the thighs, the lips. But with these photos I feel the most connected to the man inside the beautiful package. I treasure them the most of all Gerry pictures outside the ones my friends took when I met him for the first time.

Of course that's not to say there aren't a myriad of other incredible photos of Gerry, there are - I love some of the new ones taken at the RocknRolla premiere just the other night, and those from the L.A. press conference prior to "300" (the ones with the rusty-brown background) but those are more candid and not actually from a photoshoot.

Yep it is probably this photoshoot that i love the most. I was never into men with beards, scruff, whatever you want to call it but for some reason Gerry actually looks more attractive with it than without it. I can't quite pinpoint what I love so much about the photos but I think it was on first time seeing these I realised how beautiful the man was.

I never tire of looking at them. :drool1:

Moira

I love all the pictures of Gerry! Really, when does he ever look bad? He has such wonderful eyes!

thanks for that link.

I love any photo where it shows his eyes and the ones where his gaze or his facial expression seem intense or

just contemplating. I dont know, something sexy about a guy who seems to be thinking something deep :kiss:

I know he's got a great smile but i like the sad looking ones too maybe its just me...

This is my favorite shoot. I think the pictures are beautiful. I have no idea who took them. I have found them here and there not all in the same place. Two of the pics the appeture is set differently bluring the blue background while the 3rd pic you can clearly see what the background is. The 4th pic looks to have been taken outside with the background blurred again.

:bow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think they were taken about the time of Tomb Raider

Edited by joybell

his eyes... his eyes :hearts:

they look like they were taken during the filming of Miracle match or around that time?

Be cause his eyes are my favorite feature I love them as well

they have been my favorite since I found them

Ugh

I too think those are from the time Tomb Raider premiered. He looks just like he did in the premiere photos with his mum. Maybe they are from promotion relating to the release of the film - that would be my guess. His eyes look VERY intense in those pictures, and the semi-long hair is so sexy!

Here are a couple more of my fave eye pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOL I just realized I should have told you to look at my siggy :wave:

The Pope photo shoot is also one of my favorites. I have to say, I like all the shoots for different reasons. Each set gives us another glimpse of the person we have become to know and love. Is there a camera that doesn't like Gerry. It doesn't matter which angle or side. He speaks to the camera using his whole self. I like every perfection and every flaw. Pope used the lighting in a fascinating way. I like it a lot.

I still like the photo we can't use, where he was getting rained on. It's my favorite.

Sally

I have 3 favorites photos of Gerard. I love him with a full beard. :drool1:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dane

I love every picture that has ever been taken or will ever be taken of Gerry. He is as close to absolute perfection in a human I have ever seen. No matter his mood, he is beautiful, and his beautiful soul shows thru on every frame.

I love him absolutely. This was a great idea Swannie. We all needed this today.

Love you lady.

Sandy

I have 3 favorites photos of Gerard. I love him with a full beard. :drool1:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG! :kiss: thanks!

theres something about a man w/ scruff lol!

If you love him with a full beard then you should love this pic:

Posted Image

:kisswink:

Wow my post sounded so sappy. I must have been in a "mood" that day. :lol:

I still don't think I have a "favorite" photoshoot. I do wish Gerry would do a new one so that we COULD use the pictures, though. The last one was the Hagopian shoot, and I think that was from last March?

Love the Mens' Health pics, but since we're not allowed to "use" them, I really would love to see him do something less artsy than the Vogue pics - maybe more casual. Some of my favorites are the ones with the full beard in his running suit in the field. I love those.

Lisa

OMG! :kiss: thanks!

theres something about a man w/ scruff lol!

I guess after beening married to a man for 23 years where I could count the number of weeks durning that time that he has shaved I prefer the clean shaven Miracle Match look. Finally found that movie and was able to watch it yesterday. I like his look the best there.