Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Dallas

RnR's limited release Box Office results

That is terrific news, thanks Dallas!! :yay:

That should put a smile on Gerry's face. More importantly lets hope TPTB at Warner Bros have a change of heart, they still have a few weeks. :yay:

Moira

That should put a smile on Gerry's face. More importantly lets hope TPTB at Warner Bros have a change of heart, they still have a few weeks.

Moira

My thoughts exactly, Moira. *crossing fingers over here that they will release it to more theaters*

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b63399_qua...=rss_topstories

Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla rocked in limited release, grossing $141,000 at seven theaters for the highest per-theater average of any weekend movie.

WOW, those are some impressive $$$'s. I hope it makes some sort of impression on WB. I have always thought this movie had the legs to get it noticed. I saw it at TIFF, and I absolutely loved it!

Good for all concerned; yay for Gerry!

marian

That is good news! :) Hope it gets Warner's attention!

Ugh, it's so frustrating that it wont be playing in this area until the end of the month.

Does anyone know why this film is in limited release? Maybe I am following it a little too closely, but I think from all the reports I have heard....it's a great film. Or amybe I am just biased and love Gerry!

I can't wait to see it. I am having a girl's night out. My friends are going to the movie to support me! :D

The movie will go the way of Lock, Stock & Snatch. It will be a trilogy cult classic! Good for Gerry! He looked genuinely excited to be part of the project.

Does anyone know why this film is in limited release? Maybe I am following it a little too closely, but I think from all the reports I have heard....it's a great film. Or amybe I am just biased and love Gerry!

I can't wait to see it. I am having a girl's night out. My friends are going to the movie to support me! :D

The U.S. reviewers (and I think the Canadian as well) have been giving it some quite positive reviews, and it deserves them - it is very funny and lots of fun to watch - more than once if you want to catch all the twists and turns in the plot!!

It isn't unusual for an independent film to get a limited release first, to test the waters in a couple of major markets, before getting a wider release. If it then does better than expected in its wider release (which is still limited) it may get a bigger release (think My Big Fat Greek Wedding or Juno). Ticket sales talk, so I'll be encouraging everyone I know to see it when it opens in more theaters at the end of the month.

This is such awesome news. You go Gerry!!

Thanks

Sherrell/Bermos :pointy:

The US domestic total as of 14th October now stands at $242,460 as per Box Office Mojo.