Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
nickybee

Shadow Company on Netflix...

Ok. So I haven't read the forums (fora ???) in a while - I get my updates on our favorite scotsman either from him directly or from a few of the keener fans who send me messages when he does important things....like gets up in the morning or puts on a new item of clothing ;)

Jokes aside - I have a favor to ask.

Oh btw - I am the director and writer of Shadow Company. I have met some of you in person at the various Shadow Company screenings (or even at the last CUT 2008) - I am sure I will meet more of you at next years CUT.

I have enjoyed the support of Gerry's vocal fans since some bright spark figured out it was Gerry's voice in the voiceover back in the day (I think that was Lesley but not 100% sure) so I apologise for asking for yet another favor - but this one's kind of small.

Shadow Company is going onto Netflix.

(for those non-US fans here I suspect you won't be able to do anything to help but anyway)

Netflix is only buying a small number of copies from us - at a very low price (because....errm...they are Netflix) - so while I know a number of you have already bought Shadow Company I was wondering if you could shove Shadow Company into your Netflix queue - I figure if we get enough demand that might prompt Netflix into ordering more copies.

I will report here if the logic worked - but it would be funny and cool if it did.

(you can add it into your queue now even though Netflix has not taken delivery of the copies)

Thank you all

Nick

Nick ~

:welcome: Glad to have ya with us.

Come on members, let's show Nick the power of the people!!! I don't have an account, but I will get one just for you Nick. :kiss:

:hugs:

Dayna

Count me in!! I'll help round up the gals! You know ...I have to go down into the muck to find most of em!!

:wave: Frannie

Need me to slap a bumper sticker on my forehead to advertise as well? I'll do it gladly.

I have Netflix and it's already gone on my waiting list. Anything to help support the wonderful work that was done to get it into the mainstream. Welcome to GALS Nick. Glad to have you here. :goodjob:

Well now, this is interesting.

For months, I've been thinking of getting a Netflix account and just kept putting it off... No reason, just so many other things to do... And, it not like I watch a lot of movies... I spend waaaay too much time online *you know all of Gerry's fans do that, we can't help it, we're addicted* :lol:

Well it seems Netflix has moved to the top of my list of online things to do tomorrow. :D

Anything for Gerry and his friends. . . :kisswink:

Well, its almost bedtime, and I still have one more graphic to finish and then its time for SGDs.

Nice meeting you nickybee, :welcome:

Beachie

ETA: Hey Iliessa, D*** that siggy looks so hot!! It's the first time I actually saw it online... Wow, it looks better than I ever expected. :wave:

Edited by givemeabeach

Going to Netflick and renting it right now!!!

(I'll hide my own copy so hubby doesn't ask questions...lol)

hugs,

Sue

Um, for some of us newbs, what on earth is Shadow Company?

Shadow Company is a documentary that Nick directed regarding mercenaries in Iraq. Gerry lent his voice to the project.

Nick has received quite a bit of acclaim for his documentary and even spoke before, I believe, a senate committee on the subject (is that right, Nick?).

And there you have it!

:hugs:

Dayna

Welcome back Nick - you've been away from the forum for far too long, but not forgotten.

I've asked the Canadian equivalent of Netflix (www.zip.ca) to add Shadow Company to their list.

Lesley

Shadow Company is a documentary that Nick directed regarding mercenaries in Iraq. Gerry lent his voice to the project.

Nick has received quite a bit of acclaim for his documentary and even spoke before, I believe, a senate committee on the subject (is that right, Nick?).

Yes Nick got a chance to speak in lots of places. UCLA, USC, Harvard Law, Senate Democratic Policy committee - and a separate bipartisan screening on Capitol Hill (not to mention all the TV stuff - ABC, NBC, Fox, Al Jazeera)

and Mr. Butler's voice usually preceeded me as they would run a clip of the film before the interviews...

;)

anyway - there are trailers on the website for those who haven't seen them already.

Thanks for all the support guys

Nick

Thank you Beachie, you do amazing work huh? *G*

Nick, I can't think of a better lead in than having Mr Butler's voice preceeding your entrance. Powerful work sir. Well done.

I just checked my netflix queue and I already had it in there...don't remember

adding it but oh well...I must have put all of Gerry's movies in there at one time!

Release date says Oct 28th.

Hey Nick...I'll be glad to put it in my Netflix queue even though I've seen it a number of times. Anything to help spread the word. Congratulations on your success!

Marg :yay::D

Nick,

Shadow Company in my Netflix queue is an easy request to fill. The copy I own has made the rounds of my family and friends, and I will continue to recommend it. I hope many of Gerry's newer fans will become aquainted with SC through Netflix.

I think that Shadow Company could be the basis for a full length dramatic movie!

It was a pleasure to hear you at CUT last year.

Judy

Yes, Gerry's voice was immediately recognizable to many of us!

Guest pamelajane

Count me in!! I'll help round up the gals! You know ...I have to go down into the muck to find most of em!!

:wave: Frannie

Crawling out of the muck, Frannie! :p

Nice to meet you, Nick! :welcome1:

Pam

Welcome back Nick!

I don't have Netflix (although I do own a copy of the dvd) but I do have Blockbuster On-Line. Is it "exclusive" to Netflix? Would it be worth my petitioning Blockbuster to add it to their line-up as well?

It's in Nick! And I'll try to get a few non-Gerry's to add it to theirs as well.

Hey there Nick,

We'll be happy to spread the word.

Netflix has a distribution center right here in Maine, very close to us.

We'll also let our movie audience (radio show) know that "Shadow Company" is going to be available.

Best always,

Dawn

Posted Image

SHADOW COMPANY

Posted Image

DLSPBS - PAT

THE CHICAGO ROSE COMPANY

P.S. BTW - GOOD MARKETING AND PR MOVE !!!

THINK OF ATTENDING GALS VEGAS CONVENTION

Edited by DLSPBS

I think that Shadow Company could be the basis for a full length dramatic movie!

stay tuned ;)

we're working on both that and a TV show idea...

NB - I'M SURE GB.NET WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE NEWS ALSO !!!

I just bumped it up to the top of my list, Nick, and plan on buying a copy as well. I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

Best wishes that this all helps! :wave:

stay tuned ;)

we're working on both that and a TV show idea...

Hey, Nick...what a great idea! I'd watch it in either format. Best wishes to you...

Marg

:yay::)