Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

10/16 - Gerard's Film Is under-fire

from:http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.2460905.0.gerards_film_is_underfire.phpGerard's film is under-fire Posted Image THE future of Gerard Butler's latest film has been thrown into doubt after his director quit.

Academy Award-nominated Frank Darabont left the production of Law Abiding Citizen just days after it lured in Jamie Foxx.

The "psychological thriller" produced by Paisley-born Butler was set to begin filming in Detroit, Michigan, within weeks.

Now the project is without a director, and Foxx's involvement could also be in doubt as he reportedly has not yet actually signed a deal.

The relationship between Darabont, who wrote the screenplay for The Shawshank Redemption, and the film was said to have "ended ugly".

Butler, who stared in the Greenock-set Dear Frankie and the battle epic 300, launched Evil Twins production firm with his manager Alan Siegel and Law Abiding Citizen would be their first work.

Publication date 16/10/08

Hollywood is a tough place to work. Maybe Gerry needs to step back and regroup a little. Put the project on hold for now. Maybe the time just isn't right for this as it seems that things are going south a bit. I'm a strong believer in karma and if I feel something isn't going right, the energy is negative, I sometimes stop and rethink it and maybe change course. But I do believe that all things work out for the best and like the song says, "you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need".

D

Gerry is definitely discovering the other side of making movies. I'm sure this will all work out. No doubt he has many other projects in the works!

I do wonder if the time might not be rapidly approaching for a positive statement to be issued by Evil Twins or The Film Department to counter some of the negative press which is starting to emerge.

Edited by patsyb

so have they changed locations too?? i thought this was to be filmed in philly???

I'll bet Gerry is close to signing a new director and is waiting until niegotiations are complete to make a statement. I'm sure he could not care less about the rumors as long as all acutally involved in the project are kept abreast of the situation. He has learned that he can't pay attention to the media circus.

By the way, the man with Gerry outside BLD, is that Alan? Someone give me a head's up. If it isn't Alan, does someone know who it is? I've seen him with Gerry many times. Just in need of enlightenment. Help, someone with wisdom, I seek you input. As for the location, the artcle also posted in updates says Daramont was staying at the Riddenhouse in Philly for preproduction until this past week-end, so it seems production is still set for Philly. OH YEAH, isn't the scar on King Leo's face on the wrong side? I know it was on his left side in the movie. Where did this reverse pic come from I wonder. It really looks funny!! Gerry, Darlin', did you get a new scar since the pic and let someone snap a photo?

:whome2:

Yes, Darlin',

LOVE YOU ABSOLUTELY!!

ANYONE, PLEASE. In an interview on another site Gerry referred to Daniele as his publicist. I thought she was a handler. Is she really his publicist? Does she work for his talent agency? Is she stationed in London or NY or LA? IS SHE FROM NY? He looks at her with a wonderful sweetness and she has started touching him more and with tenderness. Could this be our NEW GIRL? I can't see a ring on her third finger. I know someone knows all the stats on this relationship. Please share, here or PM.

Sandy

Guest Nay

I do wonder if the time might not be rapidly approaching for a positive statement to be issued by Evil Twins or The Film Department to counter some of the negative press which is starting to emerge.

100% agree, Patsy. Not ALL publicity is good publicity.

Sandy - Please fill me in. Who is Danielle? I rarely see Gerry with any woman. Where do you see him looking at her as you described and her touching him?

Where do you see him looking at her as you described and her touching him?

Yes, I was wondering the same thing?

Well Shirshan yes it is Alan and well as for your other request you seem to be the knowledge on all things Gerry so make sure you keep us up to date on what you find :funnyup:

Now Please Please hurry up and find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moira

from:http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/display.var.2460905.0.gerards_film_is_underfire.phpGerard's film is under-fire Posted Image THE future of Gerard Butler's latest film has been thrown into doubt after his director quit.

Academy Award-nominated Frank Darabont left the production of Law Abiding Citizen just days after it lured in Jamie Foxx.

The "psychological thriller" produced by Paisley-born Butler was set to begin filming in Detroit, Michigan, within weeks.

Now the project is without a director, and Foxx's involvement could also be in doubt as he reportedly has not yet actually signed a deal.

The relationship between Darabont, who wrote the screenplay for The Shawshank Redemption, and the film was said to have "ended ugly".

Butler, who stared in the Greenock-set Dear Frankie and the battle epic 300, launched Evil Twins production firm with his manager Alan Siegel and Law Abiding Citizen would be their first work.

Publication date 16/10/08

When one door closes, another opens. I believe Gerry was very excited to have such huge name attached like Darabont to his first project. Luring a huge Oscar winner like Foxx as well. Yet, the production is still slated to start with date moved out to December so perhaps someone else is interested? Lets hope they can sign Foxx. I think the two of them would get along well. Foxx's a very smart man. So is Gerry.

He's a profile in courage. I wish him continued success!

SlimChance

I guess it will happen when it's ready to but I hope they really do this movie

this is a bit OT but i read somewhere Capone Rising is in production is that what Gerry will be working on next

anyone know?

all the pics i have of king leo show the scar on this side..??? when the monster sliced through his helmet it was on this side..... ;)

They were really going to film in Detroit? But... no one EVER films in Detroit. Look at Four Brothers!

Anyways, I hope this film doesn't just get scrapped or moved to the back burner for a long time. It could really be that one big role for Gerry.

I agree with you, GBPhanatic- It seems like things were just not falling into place the way they should have- from what I remember, and maybe I'm wrong, Gerry was dealing with changes in location for the film, the japanese premiere of PSILY, while at the same time attending premieres for RnR in Toronto, NY etc., (and weren't some of those dates pushed forward?) It just seemed to me that a whole lot was happening at once, that definitely was not allowing him the time needed to focus on such a serious project- not to mention opening a restaurant(?!?!?!) The globe trotting alone would be enough to make him nuts- that's a lot of irons in the fire! I too believe that everything happens for a reason, as does Gerry its seems- having spoken before about his great fortune that resulted when other things did not work out, like when he was looked over for James Bond... I think this is another one...

He was looking pretty tired and stressed out for a while there... It wouldn't surprise me if some relief is found in the indefinite postponement of the project...

Hollywood is a tough place to work. Maybe Gerry needs to step back and regroup a little. Put the project on hold for now. Maybe the time just isn't right for this as it seems that things are going south a bit. I'm a strong believer in karma and if I feel something isn't going right, the energy is negative, I sometimes stop and rethink it and maybe change course. But I do believe that all things work out for the best and like the song says, "you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need".

D

WHAT!!! WHAT!!!! FILMING IN DETROIT!!!!!

I LIVE IN ONE OF the DETROIT SUBBURBS! :dance:

OH MY FREAKEN GOODNESS....SOMEONE HAND ME A PAPER BAG I AM HYPERVENTILATING!!!!! :whoa:

Casting call here I come for extras whooo hooo!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

I had read and they have been saying that Detroit is becoming a town where quite a few movies are going to start being shot at. The reason being we are cheap and Detroiters are so bored we are dying for some Hollywood excitement. Plus Detroit is in desperate need for the good PR. So for this reason the city happily will shut down streets in the down town area if the movie calls for a generic city scene....We have tons of sky scrapers so we can be any generic American city. We have a water front as well as tons of seedy area's. There is an old terminal at Detroit Metropolitan airport that I hear was bought from Hollywood at a reasonable price. They were going to tear it down, now its going to be a place to shoot movies....WHOOOOOOOT!!!!

With my freaken luck this movie will fall through! :fook::tissues:

Edited by Songbird
to edit the deity expletive.

Gerry has his finger in so many pies this LAC isn't even a bleep on his radar. He is now playing the villan not the prosicuiting DA His career reminds me of the head turning in the "exerocist" but that's show biz. Just thought of the symbols of theatre, the smile and the frown. At least he is bringing in the bucks to keep the balls in the air. Good luck GB RocknRolla is pretty good saw three stars today in the paper. I got an OK on spell ck.

I just read an alert that F. Gary Gray (The Italian Job) will definitely direct, Jamie Foxx will play the DA and Gerry will portray the victim. Filming is set to start in December in Philadelphia.

Sorry if this is old news. Sometimes I get behind the times!