Gerard Butler GALS

What's really The Stranger's name?

Texas gramma

Dear Frankie is one of my favorite Gerry movies, but it's always troubled me that The Stranger didn't have a name. When I look at pictures of him, he reminds me of a Michael. Maybe Michael McKinney. His middle name should be something like Magnus so that his initials read "MMM" (Hey, it sounds better than "YUMMY")

Posted Image

What do YOU think The Stranger's name is???

Edited to add photo of MMM

Edited by Texas gramma

Terry because in my world...Mr. Sheridan made a much better exit and found his way onto a tramp steamer. ;)

If not, then I'd go with Michael, I like that name, it's a strong name.

I must see this again, - too long since I popped it into my dvd-player.. I love it!

Anyone remember his sister's name? Parents do tend to match up names somehow.

Gerard Michael... :thud:

Hugs from me :hug1:

Trailer on homepage :wuv:

Edited by NordicGirl

His sister's name was Marie so I would go with Sean or Liam.

Moira

I agree...he seems like he'd be a Sean. :D

Btw...you can catch Dear Frankie on the Reels Channel if you have Dish or Cable. They are playing it all week. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

That's my fav ,ovie from him. He is great as The stanger and did his eyes talk during that movie!!!! Wow!!! Yummylicious indeed!!! He looks like an Aidan or Eamon.... maybe.

• 2 months later...

I watched Dear Frankie for the first time today and I thought someone slipped up, when they were at the table with Frankie, and called him "Louie". Maybe my ears were deceiving me. I'll just have to watch it again, I guess!

D

Dear Frankie is one of my favorite Gerry movies, but it's always troubled me that The Stranger didn't have a name. When I look at pictures of him, he reminds me of a Michael. Maybe Michael McKinney. His middle name should be something like Magnus so that his initials read "MMM" (Hey, it sounds better than "YUMMY")

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j122/tex...urrent=df71.jpg

What do YOU think The Stranger's name is???

Edited to add photo of MMM

The name Michael is always the name I imagined for the character in this movie. It's also one of my favorite Gerry movies. Oh how I wish they would do a sequel! Edited by TheBlonde
posting guidelines

I watched Dear Frankie for the first time today and I thought someone slipped up, when they were at the table with Frankie, and called him "Louie". Maybe my ears were deceiving me. I'll just have to watch it again, I guess!

D

Thats what his name was supposed to be if you look up the trivia about the script.

What?? I've never noticed that or heard that trivia. I remember she asks him about the type of cigarettes he's smoking, but that's all I've noticed.

Now I have to watch agin......................darn.

What a cute thread. Louis is not sexy (kinda like Clyde).

I like Aiden! I love that name. Michael is good, too. I have no original thoughts of my own on this one. I like that he doesn't have a name. Makes him even more mysterious and sexy (I also like the Terry theory).

D

Thats what his name was supposed to be if you look up the trivia about the script.

What?? I've never noticed that or heard that trivia. I remember she asks him about the type of cigarettes he's smoking, but that's all I've noticed.

Now I have to watch agin......................darn.

I still didn't hear anything about Louie.

I have always thougt that that was a point of the film - that we do not know his name, real profession, etc. Of course, a real "Stranger" had his name, I would keep all my fingers crossed for them (him, Frankie, and Lizzy) to get together and form a perfect family - at least at some point in the future!!! :wave::wave::wave:

Anyway, Dear Frankie still belongs at least to three best "things" I saw with GB (together with POTO and The Jury).

Well, I have a cat named "Louie" and my son's name is Christopher. I like both of those names! Michael was my first boyfriend so I'm fond of that one too. I like the names "Devon" or maybe "Drake" for a sexy, masculine scotsman. They easily roll of the tongue.

D

Edited by GBPhanatic