Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

R&R TV Trailers???

Supposedly RocknRolla opens "wider" on Halloween in larger cities, but so far, I have not seen ONE single trailer for this film on TV. Has anyone?

Not only that, but I can't even find it listed as "Coming Soon" in Portland.

Needless to say, I am ticked off! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

How about you, have you seen TV Trailers?

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I haven't either, except in my movie theater. But nothing on TV or in ads.

Pessing me off, too . . . how are people going to know about it? Seriously, Warner Bros. has got to do better by Gerry!

Lisa

Just an FYI - in New York they didn't show ads in the papers until the week of. But they did show them! So, there's still hope. The TV ads were few and far between though I have to say, and on late at night. But I agree that WB is not doing a good enough job - although we knew that was sort of gonna happen unfortunately. :(

I saw TV ads a couple of times before the Oct 8 opening down here in S. California. Last weekend it seems to have opened wider, within the selected markets. I found it listed at several theaters in New York, even 2 out on Long Island while I was there (saw the ads in the Daily News) - and I found it playing in at least 2 places in Orange County this week. Maybe next week we'll see more ads for it (hope hope hope).

I only recall seeing TV ads, hm... very late September, like twice or thrice. That was it. Since the beginning of October, I haven't seen hide or hair of these elusive ads.

I see them and my son says they show them all the time on ESPN and I have seen it a few times on Nick at Nite. Go figure.

they are showing ads on channels that thye think are their demographics, little do they know,.. but im not really surprsied by any of this, we know that there were issuses towards the london premiere, about changing how many theaters this was to be released to, and that it was being treated like an indie type film and not a blockbuster, wide opening film.

games amongst the admins in the film industry, ...

My family's always 'aware' to be on the lookout for Gerry stuff...

hubs is in TV advertising business...

demo is Men 18-34

We've seen ads in

Fringe, Heroes, Prison Break and some other Prime Time shows,

and they're in lots of Sports and political coverage (MSN, MSNBC, etc)

Not the type of movie ad you'd want during family, kids or daytime shows! :)

Hugs,

Barb

How come I, who watch no "guy" channels or shows at all, keep seeing Saw V trailers all the time but finally saw one RNR on FX (this afternoon) while changing channels?

Demographics and being cheap is governing WB's marketing plan for RNR. In regard to RNR, Alan Horn is no genius.

Jane

Ok I was watching Feverpitch on FX today and got up to get something to drink and I heard the trailer and was like "was that what I thought it was???" I saw the end of it! WB has no clue as to what they are doing?!??!?!

I am with you. I have not seen anything about RockNROLLA on TV. What is with that. I am upset also. I was hoping to see this movie. Gemstone.

Two full pages today in the Journal de Montreal! :) They did an interview with Guy Ritchie at TIFF in September.

I just now saw the trailer on the FX channel....whoohooo....6 days to go....

I still haven't seen any ads . . . then again, the TV hasn't been on in a while.

I did see the actual MOVIE today, though, and LOVED IT!!!

Lisa

I haven't seen one ad but my sister said she saw it a couple of times last month!....I'm not surprised though!

:wave: Frannie

:tantrum: I am soo disappointed- My daughter saw 1 ad on the TV ( I have been so busy so I havent see it) More disappointment is that the theaters all have the poster up but no-one--- I mean NO-ONE knows anything about it. And I have not seen any trailers at the theaters (maybe its the movies I saw) .

Annemarie

I saw the trailer at least 5 times today on VH1, but I don't know if it's been on any of the major networks.

Issy

Me too! Saw it on VH1 and E! a few times. Very short ad, like only 10 seconds though - you really have to pay attention. But, at least they are on.

Not sure about the major networks though.

I was watching Man vs. Wild this past weekend and during one episode alone (where Bear is in Ireland and eats raw sheep heart, awesome!) they showed the same ad twice during commercial breaks - once near the beginning, and once towards the end.

I saw it on TBS last night. I was like OMG there it is!!! Dan looked at me and rolled his eyes, I told him its a man movie, maybe I can drag him to it?!?!??! I mean he did go and see PSILY on his own accord. Gotta work on him!

I saw at least 5 RocknRolla ads during Hellboy on FX - I think is was Saturday night. And I also saw 1 on E!News. And it's also has 4 showings a day at - at least 1 theater near me starting Friday. :yay:

Edited by SandyW