Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

R&R TV Trailers???

WOOOHOOOOO!! I finally saw one on VH1!!! I was getting worried!

For those who live near theaters listed by Fandango or Movietickets.com you should be able to find out where it will be playing on Friday. I just checked our local listings and just from the Fandango theaters (which doesn't include AMC and some other chains) we'll have at least 8 theaters showing the film as of Friday (we already have it showing at a few theaters since we're in the "limited release" area). I found 2 more listings at Movietickets.com for the AMC theaters. This is DEFINITELY much bigger than an "art house" release. Based on the times I would say it is only showing on a single screen in each location, but the number of locations (10 so far) is still pretty large.

Found out it's gonna play in at least two of my favorite area theaters, no word yet on the third. But I'm not too surprised. I live in a big city. Not surprised but ....freakin' EXCITED!!!

I finally saw the ad last night on MTV. :yay:

I have to drive about 100 miles on Sat to go watch it but I don't mind. :D

I'm so excited. :music:

Just saw one during the Daily Show on comedy Central tonight!

Saw it on ESPN2 this morning.

The BF loves Mike & Mike!

I am so excited. I'm taking him to see it Friday night and he seems into it. YES!!!!

Saw it twice on FX tonight during "Sons of Anarchy"

Anyone else notice they've slowed the trailer down in order to "down play" the accent for American audiences?? (Considering we've been watching the trailers for months, it was easy to spot.) grrrrrrrrr

I live in Massachusetts about 2 hours west of Boston and I have seen 3 RocknRolla TV ads in one hour! :) Yet, I still do not think a lot of people know about this movie :tantrum: Edited by LadyRemiLove

I keep seeing ads over and over now...Bravo especially.

However the ads are pretty bad! They just play the background music and say "RocknRolla from the makers of Snatch and Lock Stock and Two Smokin Barrels." There is no story set up no mention of the 'star'. They are weak ads!

Last night saw several ads during Ghosthunters. Yes they are playing the ads too fast, no direction, no plot, just Guy Ritchie's new movie. I am in line to see it on Saturday!

Jeanette

There have been no trailers in Syracuse, NY. The movie is opening tomorrow here. It has had two reviews. Once in last Sunday's movie reviews & once in today's reviews of the weekend's opening movies.

I have to say...having seen the trailer on tv a few times now. I'm really disappointed with how short they are. If I didn't know what the movie was about....I couldn't decide in that 20 second spot..if it was something I wanted to see. It doesn't show enough. I guess it all boils down to money and advertising budget unfortunately.

On SciFi alone, I just saw the ad, back to back!!

That's the channel I've seen it the most on, at least 10 times in two nights.

And TBS and F/X as well.

Saw it twice on FX tonight during "Sons of Anarchy"

Anyone else notice they've slowed the trailer down in order to "down play" the accent for American audiences?? (Considering we've been watching the trailers for months, it was easy to spot.) grrrrrrrrr

Not only that, but the voiceover talent is very bad . . . sound very nasally. Having worked in advertising most of my adult life, I look at commercials with a very critical eye and have to say I was very disappointed with the spots they are running . . . they are pretty cheesy.

beejay