Gerard Butler GALS

One More Kiss

I was wondering how come this movie isnt discussed or added here It was really good

and a few scenes are forever stuck in my head in a good way :wuv:

anyone care to share what scenes you liked or what not?

The one where he ditches the wife at the opera to go spend time with Sarah :kiss: while

that song is playing { happenes to be a fave of mine} how could you not love it even though

you kind of feel bad for the wife

Hi *guest* - It's not that it isn't discussed here, it just has been awhile. I'm sure you'll find lots of folks that would like to discuss it. :kisswink:

Here's a link to one of our past threads One More Kiss.

If you follow the instructions here , you can find at least a couple of other threads where it's been discussed as well. Threads will go inactive after 30 days but they can always be revisited!

Hope this helps. :wave:

Gerry was certainly young in this one. I found the idea of the movie very interesting. I admit to lots of frustrations with the three main characters at different times but overall it's one that I enjoy. I just wanted to throttle Sam on more than one occassion. Especially when he felt that he just had to share with his wife that he had also gotten Sarah a scarf. :doh: But what a cutie pie. :cunning:

Your reaction is the exact opposite of mine *guest* ...I thought that scene was one of the saddest scenes in the movie....even sadder when Sarah passed away! I could almost feel the pain in her heart when she waited for Sam to join her and instead he made his choice...I thought it was totally unfair of Sarah to come back aftre 8 years and only because she was dying and disrupt what seemed to be a fairly happy family! Also...her attitude towards her Dad was not very nice either so I really think in the end Sam got just what he deserved! As Jilly said there are other threads on this subject and I noticed there are a lot of mixed feelings among Gals! Everybody's perspective is welcome!! :D I still watch it every now and then though because I loved the music! :)

:wave: Frannie

He is such a cutie in this one in the looks dep + seems so warmhearted really so how the heck could she first leave him and then totally rip his heart open one more time?? I was :tantrum:

And this is the Gerry movie DH likes, - guess he is a big romantic...

I so felt for him though... :tissues:

Ok thanks for sharing where the old thread was. I couldnt find it before.

I guess it's okay to discuss it here then too?

Lady Fran I see your point, you mention they seem fairly happy but i look at it from this point of view if they were

really happy then maybe the marriage would have survived the challenge that faced them, maybe they weren't really happy

I dont remmeber exactly but wasnt there a scene where his wife goeson about she gave up stuff in her life to help him with

his dream of the restaurant? Maybe she wasnt really happy. LOl who know's it's just a movie

I agree with the comments in the other thread about Gerry always having the more passionate acting in the movies that he does

glad to read everyones opinions :)

Everyone has their likes and dislikes, it's true. This is actually my least favorite of all of Gerry's movies. I think Sam got exactly what he deserved in the end, although I didn't particularly care for his wife, but I liked Sarah even less! The only character in the movie that I felt sorry for was Sarah's dad. I own this movie because I want to have a complete collection of Gerry's work, but I'll probably never watch it again.

• 2 years later...

After so much I could see it!

Great movie, although very sad. I was impressed by the protagonist: a strong woman who tries to better enjoy the little time that remains, without letting his fear and its fragility even when choosing the menu for her funeral.

Gerry is cute with the flowing hair, then you already understand his acting skills (and more ;) ).

In the end they all come out losers. Sarah I admired his strength of will, but suddenly come back from her ex-boyfriend was not a good idea. Also because they had lost contact and she did not know he was married (he thought he would wait forever?)

The wife made me very tenderly as he waits in vain at the theater!

After so much I could see it!

Great movie, although very sad. I was impressed by the protagonist: a strong woman who tries to better enjoy the little time that remains, without letting his fear and its fragility even when choosing the menu for her funeral.

Gerry is cute with the flowing hair, then you already understand his acting skills (and more ;) ).

In the end they all come out losers. Sarah I admired his strength of will, but suddenly come back from her ex-boyfriend was not a good idea. Also because they had lost contact and she did not know he was married (he thought he would wait forever?)

The wife made me very tenderly as he waits in vain at the theater!

I agree with you Min. I really like One More Kiss, and Sarah, but I know a lot of people were really rubbed the wrong way by it. Still, I love it!

Steph

Steph, you and I so often agree and think alike. I actually love this film. I hadn't really thought about that much until I saw this thread tonight.

I think a big part of why I like it is that it's so well written and directed and filmed, and the music is wonderful.

Here are my thoughts on the story itself.

First, there are no "winners" in OMK. From beginning to end it's sad for all the characters. Life sometimes is like that, right? However, in the final analysis, Frank learns from the tragedy not to miss his opportunity and finally goes to NYC and calls Shirley. That, for me, was happy.

Should Sarah have done that? Gone back to see Sam? First, when she went she didn't know he had married Charlotte. She knew she was dying and she herself said that she had learned what was truly important and she wanted Sam to know that he was what was important. To leave after she found him would have caused just as much of a question mark in Sam's life and marriage, especially if it wasn't sound to begin with. After all, Sam did find out about the hidden resentment Charlotte had for his business. Charlotte had never been honest about that.

Charlotte also made threats and gave Sam ultimatums from the very moment Sarah enters the picture. That's a dangerous thing to do unless you're prepared to back them up. And she didn't need to tell him to make a choice. Sarah was dying and was not trying to win him back. She was bold and brave enough to make her final days count. Selfish? Yes, maybe, in relation to Charlotte perhaps. But if Charlotte had supported Sam instead of threatening him, he wouldn't have been "pushed" into hurting her. It would definitely hurt to see that your husband loved another woman at some point in his life. But making him choose between you and a dying woman? Why would you do that? And Charlotte was defensive with Sarah from the very first line she spoke to Sarah and then through the remainder of the film. She sort of set herself up for the fall.

It is interesting that the scene you all were discussing is interpreted differently by different people. I guess that comes from different life experiences, etc...As Gerry usually puts such great thought and reflection into the parts he selects, I would be interested to hear his take on Sam. He always brings so much analysis into the characters he plays...part of the reason he is so great an actor.

I actually love all the characters in OMK, and I think the acting was superb all around.

And how can you not love it when Sarah tells Sam he has the most beautiful face?

And how about when Sam tells Sarah he'd travel a lifetime to spend one moment with her?

I love OMK. I've watched it many times. Just my thoughts...

By the way...this is the type of thread on Gals that I love...where we share our opinions and thoughts on Gerry's films. So fun to share and hear what others think!

Steph, you and I so often agree and think alike. I actually love this film. I hadn't really thought about that much until I saw this thread tonight.

I think a big part of why I like it is that it's so well written and directed and filmed, and the music is wonderful.

First, there are no "winners" in OMK. From beginning to end it's sad for all the characters. Life sometimes is like that, right? However, in the final analysis, Frank learns from the tragedy not to miss his opportunity and finally goes to NYC and calls Shirley. That, for me, was happy.

Should Sarah have done that? Gone back to see Sam? First, when she went she didn't know he had married Charlotte. She knew she was dying and she herself said that she had learned what was truly important and she wanted Sam to know that he was what was important. To leave after she found him would have caused just as much of a question mark in Sam's life and marriage, especially if it wasn't sound to begin with. After all, Sam did find out about the hidden resentment Charlotte had for his business. Charlotte had never been honest about that.

Charlotte also made threats and gave Sam ultimatums from the very moment Sarah enters the picture. That's a dangerous thing to do unless you're prepared to back them up. And she didn't need to tell him to make a choice. Sarah was dying and was not trying to win him back. She was bold and brave enough to make her final days count. Selfish? Yes, maybe, in relation to Charlotte perhaps. But if Charlotte had supported Sam instead of threatening him, he wouldn't have been "pushed" into hurting her. It would definitely hurt to see that your husband loved another woman at some point in his life. But making him choose between you and a dying woman? Why would you do that? And Charlotte was defensive with Sarah from the very first line she spoke to Sarah and then through the remainder of the film. She sort of set herself up for the fall.

It is interesting that the scene you all were discussing is interpreted differently by different people. I guess that comes from different life experiences, etc...As Gerry usually puts such great thought and reflection into the parts he selects, I would be interested to hear his take on Sam. He always brings so much analysis into the characters he plays...part of the reason he is so great an actor.

I actually love all the characters in OMK, and I think the acting was superb all around.

And how can you not love it when Sarah tells Sam he has the most beautiful face?

And how about when Sam tells Sarah he'd travel a lifetime to spend one moment with her?

By the way...this is the type of thread on Gals that I love...where we share our opinions and thoughts on Gerry's films. So fun to share and hear what others think!

Leslie, I really liked your interpretation of OMK. You nailed the characters and their shortcomings perfectly. I also liked this movie because of the complex issues involved. I also thought the actors were superb. Every time I see it I come away with new thoughts about the movie. It certainly opens up a lot of conversation.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I agree with you that Charlotte did not have to tell Sam to make a choice between her and a dying woman! It was bad and indifferent! Infuse sarah just wanted to spend the little time that remained with the people he loved.

The only scene where I felt affection for Charlotte and when in the theater waiting for Sam to no avail.

However it is a great movie, very touching.

I'm with you all the way Leslie. You just laid out all my thoughts on the film perfectly! It's a sad story, but it struck me as very real, very genuine. There was no "good guy," no "bad guy," just people, trying their best and making mistakes. That truly is life.

I also strongly identified with Sarah. Always searching for adventure and meaning, something to make life worthwhile... when sometimes, what makes life worthwhile is one special person. I hope that I can realize it when I meet that person. :)

Steph