Gerard Butler GALS

New Pic of Gerry 10.27

What a great picture of Gerry and Malcolm McDowell. What an interesting man and actor, this Malcom McDowell! Gerry must admire him greatly.

I wonder if any of the film festival parties were Halloween themed?

I must call my old friend in Atlanta to see if she has heard or read anything!!

:drac:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does this film festival last? Is it going to still be going on for RNR release on Friday? Is that why he is there or is he just there for Malcolm? Are they friends? I don't remember them working together. I can't imagine Gerry just showing up in Savannah, he probably didn't even know where it was or that it existed. I surely do wish I had known he was going to be there. I might have had to visit my cousins for the weekend, OR I could have invited him to my place, on the way, for some pina colada cake, or strawberry pie and ice cream, good old southern pecan pie, or something. That's closer than he has ever been to me and I didn't even know he was on this coast. How heartbreakin'.

I still love him absolutely. Hope he is enjoying some genuine southern hospitality. I'll bet there are many Georgia gals who would love to show him some of the best. And in this case I mean southern gals, not GALS.

Sandy

Gerry looks ab fab and HAPPY! :D

MM is a wonderful actor, - still sends chills down my spine thinking about "A clockwork orange"...

:scared:

Great find RandomLanda! Looks like he is having a great time!

I hope that is not a price tag hanging on Gerry's left jacket pocket! That is some kuel jacket! Gerry looks good enough to .....uh, snog, (yeah, that's it)!!

Suzie

Woo Hoo !! Gerry in Savannah !! What a lovely combination !!

Hey Thanks -- Sav88, Landa & Becozy !!! -- for all the great pics and info !!

Gerry looks wonderful as always !! -- Savannah Looks good on Ya Kid !! :wuv:

Shoot -- if I were Gerry -- I would just stay a while !! --

What a lovely... lovely City ---

as John Berendt (author of 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil') wrote ---

"It's like Gone With the Wind on Mescaline"...

but seriously -- this Carolina Girl -- has definitely been swept off her feet by the

City of Savannah !! -- It's so full of multiple cultures, history, art, music and mischief and

it's quite a Haunt for Halloween -- supposed to be one of the most haunted cities around..

oooo I wish Gerry would work up a movie deal/ star in ... something -- in Savannah....

also the home of songwriter Johnny Mercer -- who wrote Moon River, Skylark and

P.S. I Love You --- just ta name a few...

ooo -- I feel a cosmic pattern -- going on....

Amanda-Tee :wave:

I hope that is not a price tag hanging on Gerry's left jacket pocket! That is some kuel jacket! Gerry looks good enough to .....uh, snog, (yeah, that's it)!!

Suzie

I had a look and it looks like one of those kriss kross ribbons but chances are its something hanging out of his pocket.

Moira

Suzie

I had a look and it looks like one of those kriss kross ribbons but chances are its something hanging out of his pocket.

Moira

Dangit! Busted! I tried to be discreet and sneak it in w/out anyone seeing me. Anyhoo, Gerry Call me! :funnyface:

Cassie

Suzie

The thing hanging out of Gerry's pocket is the strap for his Film Fest admission badge. I saw a few of them earlier this afternoon.

What a lovely... lovely City ---

as John Berendt (author of 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil') wrote ---

"It's like Gone With the Wind on Mescaline"...

but seriously -- this Carolina Girl -- has definitely been swept off her feet by the

City of Savannah !! -- It's so full of multiple cultures, history, art, music and mischief and

it's quite a Haunt for Halloween -- supposed to be one of the most haunted cities around..

Amanda-Tee :wave:

"Gone With The Wind on mescaline" is putting it mildly, as I can attest from personal experience. I live in Hinesville, outside the gates of Fort Stewart, just 35 miles away.

Eliza, JB MacRover, and I all spent the afternoon walking around downtown Savannah today. We hung out for a few minutes in front of the Lucas Theatre and the Trustees Theatre (which are the two venues for the screenings), in hopes of catching a glimpse of the big man himself, but no luck. We did have some fun walking around the "Pac-Man" squares (anyone who has tried driving around downtown Savannah knows what I'm talking about!) and taking pictures of some of the sights. We'll be going back to Savannah on Thursday (as previously planned) to visit some of the other cool things Savannah has to offer.

As for living here being an advantage in hearing about these appearances? Fat Chance!!! We're 30 minutes away, and had to find out about it on the net today, TWO days after the fact!

Seumus

Edited by Seumus O'Seaghdha

I second that!!! No words to describe how one person can feel!

Just because he was "visiting" a house on campus doesn't mean he was lusting after young women or underage ones. It would be more the reverse scenario! Last time I knew, college kids were at least eighteen and some are even older. But be that as it may, I am sensing the negative spin this had put on it and it's things like this that make me angry. There are a hundred and one reasons why Gerry could be visiting there and naturally, someone has to put a sleezy slant on it! Did I miss something or am I jumping to conclusions?

D

First of all, this was obviously taken with someone's cell phone and looks like without his permission.

Second of all, the poster and the captions make it sound bad but if you read the comments they don't jump on that bandwagon.

Still, I don't like this posting at all . . . it should not have been put up on the internet. Like D said, there are a million and one reasons for him to have been there, none of which are any of our concern. Who says that person is a kid? She could be an adult - we can't see her face! Maybe he's doing research? Maybe a friend's kid who is a fan?

Maybe it's HIS business why he was there?!

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

He looks amazing in that jacket...gawd...if I would've known ahead of time...I would've drove the 2hrs to get there just for a glimpse of Gerry. I feel blessed just knowing he was in my fair state. That's the closest I've been to the man yet..good grief.

I just read that Gerry was at my Grandsons College SCAD !! I wonder if he saw him....I usually call but I think I'll e-mail him instead ...I thought I would see if he heard anything about Gerrys visit...Details Details!! :cunning: I would think if he did see him my son Tommy would have called me by now cause he knows I am a GAL! :kisswink:

:wave: Frannie

He looks amazing in that jacket...gawd...if I would've known ahead of time...I would've drove the 2hrs to get there just for a glimpse of Gerry. I feel blessed just knowing he was in my fair state. That's the closest I've been to the man yet..good grief.

Was the air thicker? :lmao:

First of all, this was obviously taken with someone's cell phone and looks like without his permission.

Second of all, the poster and the captions make it sound bad but if you read the comments they don't jump on that bandwagon.

Still, I don't like this posting at all . . . it should not have been put up on the internet. Like D said, there are a million and one reasons for him to have been there, none of which are any of our concern. Who says that person is a kid? She could be an adult - we can't see her face! Maybe he's doing research? Maybe a friend's kid who is a fan?

Maybe it's HIS business why he was there?!

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I too felt maybe it should not have been linked and did query with the Mod Squad as I felt the pic was one taken in a private setting and whilst the pic itself was not posted here should we have allowed the link. It was felt that because the pic was the bloggers own - even from a private facebook account - she had put it out there in the public domain so it was no longer a private pic. As to whether Gerry knew about the pic being taken who knows - the fact he looks like he is smiling to the camera makes me think he does. The fact the blogger has chosen to hide the face of the female who he is standing with and insinuate things with the title of the blog??? makes this more than it probably was.

Moira