Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

Gerry writing a script or 'reading a script'

Accoding to the Japan GQ article, Gerry is 'writing a script', but I think it's more likely he is reading a script.

See here:

""""Gerry tells that he is writing a script based on a best seller series! It will be a kind of meeting of Jason Bourne and James Bond. Gerry will be a lead as well as a producer.""""

This is wonderful news...Gerry will be able to created his ideal character, and have full control over character development, plot line and all involved....especially with him playing the lead and producing the movie as well. You know it will be very intelligently written and Gerry will make it totally his own...and think about this...it was for writing the script/screenplay, that won Damon and Affleck their Oscars...so this opens up all kind of doors and possibilities for Gerry beyond acting or even producing. He's spreading his wings in a most wonderful and productive way and the sky is the limit for him now.

I am so proud of him and how far he has come over the past 4-5 years...he has truly matured and grown into himself in a most delightful way and he just continues to get better with ever waking day. He's making his mark in the industry now, and his days of being an "obscure, unknown" actor are gone....

You go for it, Gerry...we're all behind you, 1000%....

Cheers....

Phantom's Lady Rose (Tense Smith)

Well, he could be writing an adaptation to a novel, if that's what is meant by "series". But it's probably "reading". When would he have time to write? I get excited when ever I hear of anything new in the works for Gerry! I do hope he gets a chance to do "Burns". And I am still waiting to hear if and when ALW new sequel to POTO will be done on the screen. I read something a couple of months ago about ALW's choice to play the Phantom again was Gerry. It would be so wonderful and I can see some of the others playing their roles again too. Can you imagine more phantastic musical composition from ALW for another Phantom and Gerry's marvelous, sexy voice singing again? Oh, my holy "angel of music"!

D

Edited by GBPhanatic

well i could see him writing... easily... he has the type personaltiy to do it, and clearly we know he's imaginatvie, sensitive, and seems to be quite deep...

we see him as always being busy, traveling working,etc... but in reality, he probably works about the same amount of hours as any working stiff, more hours during the busy season, like others...(his would be during filming) and then some down time, aside from what he does when he at home, or the weekends, or on a plane...sitting in his hotel room...you fit in the things that are important to you,.... i would assume gerry is going to want to take more control over his own career, if he's not liking the roles and scripts that come to him, then its time to create one, like sly stallone, and others....and especially producing and choosing his own directors, because i really think directing has been the down fall of some of his movies.....

i think it would be great to see him create more.... :wuv:

Edited by nance

I'm just wondering if this wasn't lost in translation also. I can't imagine Gerry having the time to do all of this. I would love it if he did! Maybe someone else can translate the article.

:wuv:

Wow. That would be something, wouldn't it? If he is writing it, I think that would be wonderful for him to get his own ideas out there. He's so creative and has always given his characters those little extra things not in the script we love.

Either way, looks like there's a new project in the works, and it sounds like it could be exciting spy stuff.

Lisa

What is it with spy's/action heroes etc all having JB as their initial James Bond, Jason Bourne, Jack Bauer - Prefer a GB myself :funnyup:

Moira

This sounds reasonable to me. There is alot of down time in movie making while scenes are set up and other actor"s scenes are shot. He also spends alot of time on planes so writing may be something he does to fill in those hours. He speaks so eloquently that it is easy to imagine him being a natural writer. Hoping this is accurate!

Isn't it wonderful how much Gerry is evolving? Now he is writing scripts! He has a great education & is using it! I can't wait to see the finished product! Good for you Gerry!

keisann (Keiko) posted the GQ article here

and she said

Gerry says that he is writing the scenario now.

Some day,Gerry will become starring of the movie by the scenario that he wrote. :wuv:

keiko.

'scenario' means a 'screenplay' or 'script'

:fans:

Something to look forward to.

This is wonderful news...Gerry will be able to created his ideal character, and have full control over character development, plot line and all involved....especially with him playing the lead and producing the movie as well. You know it will be very intelligently written and Gerry will make it totally his own...and think about this...it was for writing the script/screenplay, that won Damon and Affleck their Oscars...so this opens up all kind of doors and possibilities for Gerry beyond acting or even producing. He's spreading his wings in a most wonderful and productive way and the sky is the limit for him now.

Yea, it will be great. But Gerry will compare with Damon((

I want very much, that he has played a role of the Phantom again. :phantom:

Gerry has a sexy beautiful voice, I'd like to see him in the ALW's new musical

WOW! Gerry is full of surprises. Good luck with that, Gerry. I think you should write your own story about Gerry James Butler. What a movie that would be!

Sally

Working on my own books, I love to hear about other writers. It does sound like Gerry is definately writing and he would be wonderful at it. I started with writing little bits at a time when time allowed, so I would imagine he would do the same. An idea pops, in he jots it down. I just know that what ever he puts his mind to, he succeeds.

If you have the Japanese written version. I could translate the word they used. If they wrote it in English I would think they have years of the English Language under their belt. Some school require the English language to be learned as well as traditional ceremonies. Some schools even require the girls to even do an intership in a hospital for nursing.

It will be interesting to see what Gerry comes up with if he is writing a script. And to see him go into directing and producing is a great move.

I'll definately be keeping my eyes open for updated information..........

:)