Gerard Butler GALS

Reign of Fire/Shooters question

Hey ladies,

This Gal has 11 Gerry movies so far and was wondering what you all think about the movies Reign of Fire and Shooters? Do you like them? Would you recommend owning them? I bought Timeline and Mrs. Brown last night off walmart.com.

Thanks,

April

:2cents: These two :jackie2::creedy: are DEFINITELY worth having in your collection, especially when you can get them relatively cheaply from Amazon. (the dvds I mean :lol: )

I personally love SHOOTERS. (Yes the whole thing :rotflmao:) But even if this type of film isn't your cuppa, it is worth the price of the dvd just for the infamous "yellow towel" scenes.

As for ROF, I also enjoy this movie. It has Christian Bale to recommend it, along with G. His part is relatively small but crucial. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it here. Let's just say I haven't watched the ending in a lot time. :lol:

How compulsive are you? LOL

I had to have EVERYTHING and do. But, I would never have purchased either of those if Gerry weren't in them. Creedy in ROF is a much loved character and Jackie Jr. in Shooters is unique, so far, among Gerry's portrayals. Aside from the yellow towel, I loved his creation of a psychotic drug dealer but didn't care for the film. Same with ROF, loved Creedy and the dragons but not the film so much. However, both films have their partisans - what's your taste?

His part in both is relatively small but significant. I think they're worth it if you want to see all his roles but he's not the "star". On Amazon you should be able to get a relatively cheap copy - go for it!

Jane

Hey ladies,

This Gal has 11 Gerry movies so far and was wondering what you all think about the movies Reign of Fire and Shooters? Do you like them? Would you recommend owning them? I bought Timeline and Mrs. Brown last night off walmart.com.

Thanks,

April

Shooters!.....YELLOW TOWEL! otherwise...save your money! Reign of Fire!......wasn't my cup of tea but to each his own...I would have rented it instead of buying it! I still haven't got Fast Food or That Rock Star movie...From some of the small tidbits here and there don't think I'm missing anything!

:wave: Frannie....JMO!

Guest greyeyegoddess

If you haven't seen ROF, it's usually on several times a year on tv, so check it out and then decide if you want it.

I did like the story, up until the guys actually went hunting for the dragons. Then it lost me.

Another thing, if you intend to learn to make videos or you already make videos, it helps to have your own copies of everything.

I actually like Rockstar, but then I like those kinds of shows. You definitely have to have a taste for British shows and movies to enjoy works like Rockstar and Shooters. If they aren't your thing, then get a copy made or buy used.

~alice

:music:

Thanks ladies!! Both are cheap at walmart.com. Like you al said he isn't the star so I wasn't sure I wanted.

So far I have:

POTO

PSILY--- movie, soundtrack, book

Dracula

Nim's

DF

TR

B&G

Shattered

On order:

Timeline

Mrs. Brown

OMG April......you must get Attila...I know it was a TV thing but Gerry is the star and "HOT HOT HOT" and you see a "lot" of him throughout the whole movie! It's a MUST! Right gals???

:wave: Frannie

100% on Attila, a MUST see. one of his best. Shooters is good for Gerry fans only. I've only watched it once, most all overs many times. Rock Star-the fruit basket scene is worth the cost of the movie. Riegn of Fire was a good movie, very futuristic, which I love, and Gerry's part is wonderful especially his last scene, worth the whole movie. Of course, you have to remember, I love him ABSOLUTELY.

As for Rockstar, you just kind of ask around. It's not released, but people have copies.

Thanks! By 'people' I assume you mean 'GALS'? Oh I wish I could get a hold of it. It looks hilarious.

I watch the Avocado scene on YouTube all the time - it kills me! Gerry is so spot-on funny in it. I love seeing him do comedy.

Here it is in case anyone wants to watch it again (and again)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GX2fBA49xo

Maybe they'll release it some day. Nah - slim chance.

:tantrum: Edited by HazelEyes

IMO:

I hate brutality and violence as was portrayed in "Shooters." However, there are three scenes with Gerard that I had to buy the movie for...Scene 1...ararriving at the airport with black curls and a bright red coat..."Jackie,Jr." , it is said in a voice-over as he walks,"cannot pass a mirror without looking at the reflection of his gorgeous self." Ha. It's about 1/2 minute long or so. Scene II. He is talking with others about his coat, and guns. Very short scene. Scene III. He is in a massage parlour (wink.wink)and he does some brutalizing on his own in a bare-chested way..with a yellow towel around his waist that..stands out...I won't tell you more, but this is a long violent scene which I've watched many times, so make your own conclusions. I would buy it just for Gerry.

IMO:

"Reign of Fire" actually...bored me...It's dark, dreary, and Gerard's only the best friend of the main character...He does a scene with Christian Bale as Darth Vader and Gerry as Luke that I love. HOWEVER, the scene is always CUT from the tv showings...Gerry is the comic relief..and he's in throughout...until towards the end. Because , for me, it's so darkly lit most of the time..he cannot truly appreciate our Gerard here. Bale is all cheekbones, and McConaughey is all bald..but Gerry is lovely as always. I'd buy that ,too, just for his little parts throughou.

Poptart

RoF is on amc sunday night at 7:oopm central time... im not sure of your time zone... also on monday at 5:oo pm i have charter cable, and its also ondemand for 2.99