Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Catwoman

Just saw RNR

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::goodjob:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

This movie is hilarious! I laughed so hard the tears were flowing.

I don't want to give anything away; Gerry is absolutely priceless!!

If you think the robbery scene is funny in the previews, wait till you see it on the big screen.

I'm definitely going to make it a point to see it again.

:fans:

Great cannot wait to see it!!!

Guest Nay

Thanks for starting this thread, Catwoman. I wanted to when I saw it two nights ago but was worried I would give away some clues! :woo:

Here's a little review I wrote for another Gal here who has since seen RockNRolla:

*Put on your best cockney accent*

Gerard Butler leads a fine ensemble in this riotous, black comedy about twisted money deals in new vogue London.

Whilst double and triple crossing abounds, some genuine comedic talent is displayed by dimpled-butted Butler particularly in his love scenes, pseudo-love scenes and imagined love scenes. Let's just say, he's a little ... angst-ridden (as would I be).

A cool and calm Mumbles, scarily intelligent junkie Johnny Quid, rough as guts Crime Lord Lenny, dutiful deputy Archie, two zombie Ukrainian thugs, a cold and calculating 'Accountant', best mate Handsome Bob and a mysterious never seen good-luck painting (added to the backdrop of seedy London cesspools) have produced a bonza movie guaranteed to be well worth your ticket price.

GB is goooooooood. I repeat gooooooooooooood. There were a few cringe worthy moments for me (ie. violent scenes) but he is at his best when reliving his time with Bob and sparring with Stella. But do not leave the cinema too quickly - stay for the closing credits to see what they REALLY did that night ...

:dancer:

I LOVED it. So don't walk, meander or stroll to see it .... run!

:2cents:

Edited by Nay

Thanks Catwoman!!!

I'm going to see it tomorrow, I can't wait!! :yay:

RocknRolla is great fun! Gerry is at the top of his game! The entire cast is fantastic and the story is a hoot! I give it a :tens: ...Now off to Amazon to buy the soundtrack! Through the GALS boutique link, of course! :D

Edited by Lady Elissa

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::goodjob:

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

This movie is hilarious! I laughed so hard the tears were flowing.

I don't want to give anything away; Gerry is absolutely priceless!!

If you think the robbery scene is funny in the previews, wait till you see it on the big screen.

I'm definitely going to make it a point to see it again.

:fans:

I saw RNR last Saturday in NY. And then today I went to the 10:45 AM

show near where I live. Me and about 8 other people in the theatre. I don't think

I've ever gone to a movie that early before.

The first time I saw it, I concentrated mostly on Gerry's character...I definitely missed some lines because of accents or

all of us in the theatre laughing. Today I was really able to catch all the lines, and understood the flow of the movie better

and actually enjoyed it even more. Gerry did a wonderful job playing "One Two". Before I saw the movie I thought the

dance scene with him and Thandie was going to be my favorite. It was a close second. Gerry and Handsome Bob in the

car...that was my favorite.

I would not have seen RNR if Gerry wasn't in it..but as usual, Gerry's way of picking different genres to act in, got me to "try

something new".

Tonight Bill and I went with my sister, her son and his best buddy. Up front I will be honest and say, I would never have seen this movie, were Gerry not in it. I've never been into gangster films, and I don't like crime/caper movies either. While I did enjoy parts of R&R, it's not really a movie I will see more than once in the theater. I thought Gerry's performance as One Two was lots of fun, and I really enjoyed the subtleties he gave to the character. It was not a broad performance like Leonidas or Gerry Kennedy, and it was lovely to see him finesse that role with humor and the cool factor. The dance was awesome (the dance between One Two and Stella... and the other dance was.... hilarious and sweet.)

The only other performance that really impressed me was Toby Kebble. What an interesting and sad character. He was funny yes, but he was also tragic. The actor did a brilliant job showing us a junkie who was... underneath the crack pipe, a very intelligent and engaging person.

Overall, the movie was not my cup of tea. I did laugh out loud, and in its own way it was entertaining. I'm glad Gerry chose to do the film because it showed yet another side of his abilities as an actor.

Oh... the theater was only about 1/4 full, but I have hardly seen any advertising for it in this city. The people who were there seemed to really enjoy it and there was a lot of laughter.

Swannie

I saw the movie at the first showing in our town today (a group of us are going tomorrow

with the usual "afterparty" following the movie.)

I had done a lot of research into this movie as I had been quite skeptical, for the very

reasons that Swannie mentioned, above. But it exceeded my expectations immensely,

and I do think I will be seeing the movie more than once!! Gerry was wonderful in his

part as were all the rest of the characters. I pretty much understood what was being

said, and I laughed along with the 10 other people in the theater. My prediction is that

this won't be a huge money maker here in the US, but it should do "okay." And I think

it will do well abroad.

After seeing the movie, I can see why Gerry chose to make the film--and it was obvious

how well everyone worked together. I also remember Gerry once saying "he won't

disappoint" (meaning his fans) and I have complete trust in his choices as I believe he

will make good on that vow.

All in all, I am really happy for this movie and although it is not going to be my favorite

Gerry vehicle, I will definitely be watching it more than once, and if I am lucky, it will

come to our second run theater and I can see it for $1.50--the price for a senior citizen

has gone up a dollar from the last time I went to a movie (NI.) to $6.50. And after that

there will be the dvd.

Judy

I hope everyone who sees this film stays to watch the end credits. Gerry was a riot! I too probably would not have seen the film without Gerry's presence, but I totally enjoyed it. Every character seems to have been cast perfectly, and the photography was just quirky enough to make the film interesting without being campy. I can't wait for this to make it to DVD so I can watch it again and again!

Suzie

I saw the movie tonight and I truely think that Gerry et al did a wonderful job. I have been waiting and waiting to see if it was actually going to make it to Arizona and I am SURE glad it did! I WILL see this movie again and purchase the DVD when it comes out! I have friends who, along with me, will think it's a riot! Gerry, as usual, does a SUPER job! It's easy to see why no one used to recognize him. :whome2: He plays his character so well he melds with him! :goodjob: Hope all others who see this enjoyed it as much as I did! Be SURE you stay and watch the credits roll. There is an outtake you GOTTA see! :pointy:

Naoma :igotgals:

I went to see RnR last night. There was only 8 of us in the theater. This really is not my type of movie and like many of you, it was Gerry that brought me to see it.

I really enjoy the Wild Bunch as a whole, in fact, I was graving more Wild Bunch scenes and alot less of the Old School. The dance scene was great, but the Handsome Bob moment in the Range Rover was priceless. You could feel the embarrassment of both men going through that and I loved how the entire scene played out. However this might be the one time where I say that I enjoyed the closing credit scene better than any scene in the movie.

By the way, Gerry looked very handsome in this film and I loved that he was able to use his Scottish accent. Major plus!

Scale from 1 to 10 I would give it a 5 as an overall movie

Gerry moments scale from 1 to 10 - 10+ of course!!!! :)

Edited by sav8821

I had a great Gerry day!!! I decided to go and see it today instead of last night, I know I would of crashed and not really enjoyed it. I thought I would share my day:

I got up around 8 am and just relaxed and messed around the house. Around 10:00 I jumped in the shower and got ready to go to the mall and then off to the movies. I got dressed up in some nice jeans, boots and a nice shirt, figure I would dress up for Gerry! I left the house around 11:30 a.m. and headed to the mall. I first went to Boscov's to buy my bras they had a sale buy one bra get one for 1 cent. Then I went to Barnes and Noble and checked to see if they had the Rocknrolla soundtrack, unfortunately they did not so next stop was Best Buy and they had it for 14.99, so I bought it. Back to B&N and a stop at Strabucks. Then I sat down and read a magazine and enjoyed my spiced pumpkin latte. Around 12:30 I headed to the movie theater. I got there and there was about 15 ppl there and I was curious as to why they were there but did not want to ask lol.

The movie started and I laughed my butt off. Guy did a great job with the casting. Tom Wilkerson was great as Leni, I would not want to cross him. Gerry did a great job!! I laughed my butt of at OneTwo, Gerry never fails with giving us a nice surprise!!! The dance scene was hysterical as was the scene in the Range Rover. Love that he uses his actual accent!

I am looking forward to buying this one on dvd! So my Saturday was very Gerry inspired with Starbucks, the soundtrack, and the movie. Hmmmm, maybe Gerry inspired me to buy new bras lol!!!!

A MUST SEE INDEED!!!

Hubby and I went last night...there were only about 10 people total in the theater counting us 2...but that was at 6:50....trick or treating hours...maybe the later showing was fuller....anyway....I absolutley loved this movie....and I was actually surprised at that because I usually would not go see this type of movie, but I liked it immensely......even as complicated as it was......I was very entertained....I thought Gerry was terrific!!!!He was so in his element...silly, goofy, yet sexy Gerry.....the kicker....MY HUBBY LIKED IT!!!!So that right there made me a believer......I would love to see it agin in the theater if possible....can't wait to get the soundtrack......you can't help but move when you hear it......

I love the soundtrack!!! Definitely a must!!!

I took my kids and their roommate to the midnight showing in Bakersfield. It is NOT playing anywhere near me.

Anyway, we all loved it. My son's girlfriend laughed through the whole thing, and loved Gerry in it. I can't wait to see it again this coming weekend down in LA.

Great movie! Definitely one of Gerry's best performances. I love how different he can be. How people can watch him and say, "THAT'S Leonidas?" That's the beauty of Gerry, isn't it? :D

Lisa

We have 10 thumbs up from 5 gals in Texas! We drove from Amarillo all the way to Lubbock, TX in order to get to see the movie. We laughed, skweed and jigged all the way through the 7:30 showing. We had to sit in the 3 row from the front because the theater was FULL!! As we packed up and talked about heading for home, we made a spontaneous decision to see it again!!! The 9:30 showing was not a full as the 7:30 showing, but it was rowdy nonetheless! We generated some interest in the 9:30 show as we sat there talking about how great it was outside the theater, debating whether to go in for another ride.

All we can say is: BRING ON THE SEQUEL!!! :yahoo::onetwo::yahoo:

ETA: :clap: :clap: :clap: TO THE COSTUMER!!! FULL-ON PROPS TO SUZIE HARMAN!!!

Yes, when I mentioned that there are supposed to be sequels, my hubby said, COOL......I have to say, that I would enjoy seeing the whole gang back in action again.....

I am looking forward to any sequels! It left it off to were they could do either a sequel or not. Guy did a great job! Makes me want to go back and watch Snatch and Lock Stock, I will still skip Swept Away.

I just came from seeing the movie tonight. I took my friend who has gone with me to see every Gerry movie in theaters since becoming a fan, and both her and I absolutely LOVED the movie. I have to say, that I really like Guy Ritchie movies, but I tend to wait until they come out on DVD before seeing them, so I was already very excited about seeing this one in the theater

Gerry was absolutely AMAZING in the movie! He was adorable, funny, sexy, and charming. I have to say that I would love to just see a movie about the Wild Bunch, they had such great chemistry together and it think it would be neat to see how it is they came to be.

I know I am going to go see this movie again before the week is through, and i have to say that it was so worth the wait!

Just found a cinema near where i live thats playing this, it's actually a bit of a drive but Im gonna get there!

Just found a cinema near where i live thats playing this, it's actually a bit of a drive but Im gonna get there!

Honey, I drove an hour to see it . . . you can do it! :funnyup:

Saw RocknRolla for the third time tonight. I keep catching little things I missed the first time I saw it at TIFF. At the beginning of the chase scene...Mumbles seems to be spraying mase or something inside the vehicle at the Russians while One Two is still in there. They pull him out, but because he got sprayed in the face....he can't see and he trips over a tire (I think) while they are running away and falls. For some reason I missed that the first time....everything happens so fast. But tonight I caught it....and it cracked me up! I THINK it was One Two anyway...hard to tell with pantyhose over their heads! lol

Another thing that I find funny is they use the phrase " :fook: off " ALOT. They seem to use it in place of saying...things like get lost. I've got one more shot at seeing it next week. So far...everyone I've taken to see it has liked it. I love this movie and can't wait for the next two installments!

Edited by isaboo

My hubby and I were traveling through Albuquerque this past weekend and stopped for lunch and to see RNR. We thought it was great and my main man's first comment was that he wanted to see it again to catch the dialog that he had missed. Living in the small town we do if a movie doesn't get a wide release we have to see it elsewhere or wait for the DVD. Guess we will wait for the DVD now that we are home.

:bow2:

As one reviewer said Gerry's performance was the cohesion in the movie, and the talk with Handsome Bob in the car is priceless. And of course the dance with Stella...I will enjoy watching that in slow motion on the DVD. That and the sex scene......

At the beginning of the chase scene...Mumbles seems to be spraying mase or something inside the vehicle at the Russians while One Two is still in there. They pull him out, but because he got sprayed in the face....he can't see and he trips over a tire (I think) while they are running away and falls. For some reason I missed that the first time....everything happens so fast. But tonight I caught it....and it cracked me up! I THINK it was One Two anyway...hard to tell with pantyhose over their heads! lol

Yes, it is! I had the same experience. I didn't realize it was him the first time - after they pull him out he's stumbling around and trips - hilarious! I love this movie!

Jane