Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

10/31 - Gerry on KRQ-FM John Jay and Rich Show

Thank you Dallas for the link!

Look for Gerry's segment for October 31...there's an option to listen, and a 'download' link, too!

it has a terrific audio montage of all his roles!

Great interview.

Johnjay&Rich

it's moved...click on 'more', go to the date...October 31

direct Quicktime link is: here

Started great and then they jumped on the rumours bandwagon and you could feel how uncomfortable he was. I think the end was totally uncalled for on the interviewers part.

Great interview. He was so humbled by the compilation in the beginning! :wuv: You could tell he didn't know what to say to them about it. I thought it was awesome, myself.

Great to hear him talking about RNR some more. I love hearing him say "kooky" and it coming out "cookie". :wuv:

Okay, I liked it until the end. Those DJ's really ruined a perfectly good and respectful interview. A-holes . . . I hope Gerry doesn't interview with them again, or at least someone makes sure they can't ask him questions like that again.

Gerry handled it perfectly. Way to go, Gerry. A class act, as always, my friend.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I agree with what Lisa and Danielle say. Great interview, loved the start with all the snipets of his movies. Makes me want to watch them all over again. I like when the interview is about his work and not his personal life. Why does everyone want to know about his personal life, all the interviews bring up the rumors, etc. I want to hear about his work. He is such a talented actor!

I listened twice. I loved the montage and Gerry was obvioulsy blown away by it. I could listen to his accent all day even though he thinks it's bad. He does this little thing at the end of a sentence sometimes where he draws his breath back through his teeth. I just love it and it's very sexy! I hope he doesn't try to change it or any of his accent either! That is something that worries me because the more he listens to his own voice, it seems the more he doesn't like what he sounds like. He even has a beautiful voice over the phone line!

Also, I got uncomfortable towards the end of the interview when the questions got personal. I could hear in his voice he was perturbed!

Now, with Gerry's sweet and sexy voice still ringing in my ears, I can go to bed and have some very pleasant dreams!

D

I think the end was part of the m.o. that these rock stations use.

The dj teams use a format that is often raunchy and gossipy.

These guys ended on an annoying-to-us bit,

but to them it was just another day, another interview.

Anyway, that's my take on it ;)

I listened twice. I loved the montage and Gerry was obvioulsy blown away by it. I could listen to his accent all day even though he thinks it's bad. He does this little thing at the end of a sentence sometimes where he draws his breath back through his teeth. I just love it and it's very sexy! I hope he doesn't try to change it or any of his accent either! That is something that worries me because the more he listens to his own voice, it seems the more he doesn't like what he sounds like. He even has a beautiful voice over the phone line!

D, I completely agree. His voice over the phone sounds even deeper than in person or in movies, too. :wuv:

I did have to laugh when he asked Joy to leave the room. Poor lady was just trying to make tea! :lol:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Okay, to keep me from going "nuts"--can somebody list the different movies in the opening

montage.? Mostly some from the first 12--I am sure from TR2 on. I got some of those first

ones, but now sure of others.

Thanks,

Judy

Okay, to keep me from going "nuts"--can somebody list the different movies in the opening

montage.? Mostly some from the first 12--I am sure from TR2 on. I got some of those first

ones, but now sure of others.

Thanks,

Judy

Now that's a great idea! I bet Susan could do it . . .

Edited by phoenixgirl

Ok, I am clueless who's Joy?

Thanks! Publicist, agent, manager, they all start to go together after awhile.

I thoroughly enjoyed that interview!! I think he was actually blown away with the Montage that they did and he's right ...nobody ever took the time and effort to do that before! I am just sorry that Gals didn't get the recognition it so deserves though! :kisswink: Then I guess we are all Tarts anyway! :cunning: thanks Barb and Dallas for the link!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Thanks! Publicist, agent, manager, they all start to go together after awhile.

Publicist: Joy

Manager: Alan

Agents: CAA

Edited by phoenixgirl

Okay, I've got 1.-300 2. Rock Star, and I know the song is from Lucy Sullivan. Then there is

the one about "paper and pen" and from there I am unsure until DRACULA. Then later, is it

ROFire between THE JURY and TR2?

Okay, fill us in--anyone?

J.

Hey, can't seem to download- says Internet Explorer cannot display the page..... help!!! I've tried numerous times today, and I still get the same message- crash the site, ladies?

I guess maybe I'm prepared to accept more than others as I didn't find the end of the interview "that bad". Gerry's a big boy, and even if he was a little perturbed about the direction the questions and comments were going, he knows how to handle himself and them. I loved this interview. You must admit they did an awesome job of compiling the montage.

Barbara

Okay, I've got 1.-300 2. Rock Star, and I know the song is from Lucy Sullivan. Then there is

the one about "paper and pen" and from there I am unsure until DRACULA. Then later, is it

J.

The typewriter and the pen was from One more Kiss -

What is it about his voice? I mean his speaking voice and not just his singing voice. Gerry's speaking voice is just.... well it just melts me, that's all.

I really enjoyed the interview. I'm glad he set boundaries with these guys and yet he still played along and did not get too riled up when they ventured into personal stuff.

I love hearing Gerry talk about his career.

Swannie

I have to say that was the most open I have heard him about all the rumour stuff and he handled himself very well and I genuinely believe if he had not wanted to reveal anything he wouldn't have. Glad to see he kept his sense of humour as when asked if he still lives in the same complex as Cheryl Burke he said he lives in a house and I'm assuming he was joking when he said he got the house to get away from Cheryl :lmao: Thats my boy :funnyup:

That really was very impressive the montage at the beginning.

Moira

I thought the entire interview was great. The montage was wonderful and I didn't think the interviewers went over any line - they sounded like they were all just having fun - even GB (I didn't hear any irritation in his voice at the end). I almost didn't listen because of earlier comments but then decided to and enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you for finding it,

I was glad to find out that he bought a house in LA, probably in the Hollywood Hills and with a big iron gate to keep out the unwanted.

:whome2:

J.

The typewriter and the pen was from One more Kiss -

Yes, it was the "Luke, I am your father" -Star Wars re-enactment for the kids scene from ROF

I think that what happens with Gerry is that he is so approachable and friendly during these interviews that sometimes the interviewer gets a little too comfortable and then takes advantage of his warm demeanor (making everyone feel like he's known them for years) and then they start with the rumors and other crap he should not have to deal with in this situation. They hit below the belt and it's unfair. Gerry is such a professional that he deals with it on the highest of levels. I just love how he uses that self-depreciating humor to deal with the uncomfortable side of his celebrity.

Also, I had heard a 'rumor' about two months ago that GB did buy a house in Santa Monica. I have two good friends who work in the biz out of LA and one of them works for Warner Bros (he has for a long time). Anyway, I didn't post anything because it was just a rumor of course. But now I wonder if it was true. Gerry seemed serious when he said he bought a house. Hey, it is certainly a buyers market and now would be the time for him to score some nice beach front property for a below what the market value will go back to.

By the way, he's never met GB (he's on the TV side), but he said that he his reputation within the industry as a whole is pretty strong. He is well liked and is known for fierce dedication and professionalism. He is all about the work. :)

Edited by sav8821

I guess I'm just protective . . . what can I say? When I hear there's a Gerry interview I want to hear about his latest projects, not the stupid rumors. I want to hear that he's happy and what he wants to talk about . . . not someone trying to get him to say something else.

But like I said before, and everyone agreed, Gerry handled himself with class and professionalism - and yes, even had a bit of fun with it. The Cheryl Burke comment was great. And, okay, I'll be honest here . . . it was good to hear him put the Shanna thing straight.

I wish I had what it takes to not "react" to these things. Swannie, you always manage to say what I'm feeling but you manage to say it with maturity and respect. I'm so all over the place sometimes. :lol: Sav, I also think you said it better than I did as well. Thanks!

And just to add . . . I think the Star Wars scene in Reign of Fire is one of the best scenes in any movie ever.

Lisa