Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

11/2 - BoxOffice for RnR

"RockNRolla" had been in 19 theaters before expanding wide over its fourth frame.

"We hit our number right on for the weekend," Warners exec vp Jeff Goldstein said of the film's three-day gross. "It was what we anticipated."

source: The Hollywood Reporter

For specifics, check out Box Office Mojo

I was on some box office site and I think it came in at no 14 so considering the amount of screens and the average it took per screen if they had just opened it wider it would have been well within the top 10.

Well done

Moira

I will be going through Albuquerque this week and my hubby and I will stop for a quick lunch and see the movie. I wish it would go to a REAL wide release so that we could get to see it locally.

Great news on the per theater $$. Imagine how well this movie would have done with full blown advertising and a wide release....

:wuv:

Awesome news!!! Just what we need to get sequels!!!! Great job Guy, Gerry, and everyone else involved!

I saw RR five times and liked it better with each viewing.

I seemed to see something new each time I went .

Lets hope some people in the USA have the same idea and go in for multiple viewings .....that could drive box office numbers up.

Albuquerque is also adding late night showings this coming week, so it must be doing well there.

:cleavage:

I've seen it 5 times now and plan to see it at least once or twice more this weekend, and at least once more after that with my co-workers. Plus I'm going to email some other associates who know about my movie (and Gerry) fascination and tell them to go see it too.

I saw it four times last weekend and plan to see it 4 more times this weekend, plus next Friday I am going with a coworker. She will view it once and I plan 4 more times next weekend. The people at the theater recognized me by Saturday last weekend because I buy both tickets at once and turn them in. They can't believe someone is sitting thru the movie twice. I heard the people behind me on Friday say, she is going to watch RNR twice. There must be something to this movie. They Saturday I bought two tickets and the window clerk said "You were here yesterday and watched it twice. I remember you."

The four people behind me dhanged their mind and saw RNR instead of what they had planned to see. Also, I told my ex boss about it on Monday and told him that he and his wife should see it this weekend. He said, "Oh, that's by the guy that did Lock Stock and Snatch." I said yes and he proceeded to tell me how he liked those two and would see RNR. Word of mouth does serve a purpose. I still hope this one is a blockbuster in spite of the lack of promotion by WB. I hope that they see that Gerry will rule even without their usual fanfare. I saw something new all four times last weekend too. I hope to have the dialogue down by number 10, all of it.

Sandy

I saw RNR for the first time last night and just loved it!!! :yay:

My husband (he's such a good sport) took me to see it but we had to drive about 100 miles for the closest theater. It was well worth it though, I just wish it was playing where I live so I can go see it again.

Edited by Tap

I saw RNR for the first time last night and just loved it!!! :yay:

My husband (he's such a good sport) took me to see it but we had to drive about 100 miles for the closest theater. It was well worth it though, I just wish it was playing where I live so I can go see it again.

I feel your pain Tap. I had to drive over 90 miles to see it. I guess the demographic where I live (Casa Grande Az) isn't what TPTB are looking for. It was nice to see it playing at almost every Harkin's multi-plex here in Phoenix Az.

I understand that the movie is still doing quite well at the box office. It's worldwide total now stands at around $13.5 million.