Gerard Butler GALS

How many copies do you have?

SouthernGirl28

I have the full screen version, the 2 disc Special Edition Wide Screen, the one disc widescreen for traveling, and my daughter has widescreen. I guess that makes four copies! :spit:

I have the full-screen version and the 2 disc Special Feature widescreen version just because I wanted to hear the song “No One Would Listen.” However, I have also enjoyed watching the other features on the second disc, and I like watching the widescreen version of the movie because you can see things on the side that wouldn’t be able to see in the full-screen version. I also have two copies of the soundtrack, the one disc soundtrack with just some of the songs, and a two disc set that has all of the songs because I just had to have all of the songs on a soundtrack.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the wide screen version, two disks. One is the movie and the other is about the making of the POTO. I also have the two disk soundtrack. :music: Five dollars at Walmart? Wouldn't hurt to have some back up copies now would it? Going to Wally tomorrow! :wave:

D

I don't have it......can you believe it!! :doh:

The horror!!!

I only have one, the two-disc version. However, I did buy the widescreen version (one disc) to keep at my parents house for whenever the mood strikes me, and my boyfriend also keeps a copy at his house for "emergency" Phantom sessions too. :reddeath2:

I have the 2 disk version and actually GAVE AWAY my widescreen version to my stepmother. Now THAT deserves brownie points!!

I also have the regular and 2 disk version of the soundtrack, not that I have listened to the one disk version in eons. The extended version is the ONLY way to go. :encore:

Wide screen, full screen, special 2-disc, Japanese special (different extras).

Plus a couple of promotional discs.

Jane

How do you get the special Japanese version? I have never seen it advertised anywhere. Please share where I can get it.

Sandy

I have 3 copies full screen, 1 widescreen, the special 2 disc and 3 coies of the CD. I want the Japanese version. I need a blu ray to put away for someday. I don't know what I would do if all of a sudden one day my last copy wore out, and it wasn't available anymore. Had anyone thought about that? I hadn't until now, better get another copy to hide away.

Sandy

I have two copies of the widescreen, 2-disc edition and one copy of the widescreen single disk edition, as well as one copy of the HD version.

The first 2-disc set was my original purchase. Then (the HORROR!), I misplaced it. I was at Sam's one day, and I saw the single disc version for about $4, so I bought it as a replacement. Then, lo and behold, I found my lost copy a few weeks later. Then I bought an HD disc, stupidly thinking I could play it on my computer. Alas, it's as virgin as the Phantom! No HD player!

The story of the second 2-disc set is funny. I celebrated my 10 year service anniversary this past year at my job. They always hold a special luncheon/awards ceremony for employees who celebrate significant anniversaries, and present everyone with their service award, as well as some sort of gag gift. My 'gag gift' was the 2-disc DVD of POTO. Everyone I work with knows I'm a bigtime Gerry Butler fan, and they especially are aware of my thing for Phantom. So it was a totally appropriate gift!

Now, don't ask how many copies of the DVD I've bought and given as gifts!

I have the 2-disc widescreen and a 1-disc widescreen (because I think at some point I misplaced the movie disc of the 2-disc set). I also have the British 2-disc version (it has a LOT more extras than the US version). It's why I bought a region-free DVD player, then I got the British version of Dear Frankie, of One More Kiss, and the Japanese version of The Game of Their Lives. It's the best $79 I ever spent on that region-free player!

I only have the two-disc Special Edition. I had the one disc and when I got this one I gave the other to my son's friend (Jesus - a guy) who loves the music.

I have the two-disc full movie edition of the soundtrack. I used to have the regular one-disc soundtrack but I have no idea where it is. I wouldn't listen to it now, anyway. I'm spoiled by the full movie edition. :D

Why have more than one version of the movie? :confused:

How do you get the special Japanese version? I have never seen it advertised anywhere. Please share where I can get it.

Sandy

There is an Amazon Japan link Amazon Japan but it's tricky with cost conversion and may not ship to the US. It shows what's available. (I hit the "In English" button but it only translates part of it, not all, so it can be confusing).

I believe at the time, I bought it through a contact I made through eBay. Someone I had been buying magazines from was willing to buy and send the DVD as well. You might try sending a note to one of the Japanese magazine vendors to see if any would be able to help you. I warn you though - it can be expensive with shipping.

You can also post a "Want it Now" note on eBay to see if someone else might pick up on it.

BUT, I think (just from what I've gleaned from the endless discussions) that most of the extras on the British and Japanese special editions are the same and it might be easier to get the UK version. There were one or two very short interview snippets of Gerry that were on the Japanese version (from the premiere there) that were not on the UK version but they were close. Both had more than the US version.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I got it in '05 so I don't know what the availability is now.

Good luck!

Jane

And the extras is one of the reasons some of us have more than one copy of Gerry's movies - because they are different from version to version! I actually have 3 (*gasp* unopened) copies of "300". One is the 2 disk special edition, one is the HD edition and one is the new special edition that just came out last week. I have 2 copies of The Jury because it is so hard to get. I used to have 3 copies but my husband "lent" one of them to someone who thought it was hers to keep so I'll never get it back. But that's perfectly OK, she loves it (and Gerry) so that's what really counts. I often have 2 copies of his movies so I can have one to lend out and one that is mine, mine, mine.

Now slightly off topic, this is me Gerry-fying my co-workers. Over the weekend 3 of my co-workers watched Dear Frankie together, and another one has chosen PSILY as one of the 2 movies her family will all watch together on Thanksgiving.

Well, according to Amazon, I have purchased a total of 11 copies of POTO, mostly for gifts. I kept the widescreen 2-disk version, then I received an HD DVD Player and got the film in HD. Then I upgraded to Blue-Ray and got that also. I will be in the UK next year to visit Anna, Moira and Celine so will pick up the British version while I'm there! I also have the two movie soundtracts as well as the original stage stage CD, but I really don't like to listen to it. (I won't get into the Gerry vs Michael Crawford argument, but Pah-leeeze! I like Gerry's performance sooo much better!)

Suzie

Okay, so which version has the extras on Game of Their Lives cause my copy doesn't have them?

I have two copies of 300; the two-disc original release and the new one as well. Love the box it came in and all the goodies!

I have two Wrath of Gods - the US and the UK version.

Are there different extras on the UK DVD of Phantom? What others have different extras? What else do I need to get now? :lol:

Thanks!

Lisa

I saw it for the first time ever in April this year on Hallmark. Watched it 3 more times there, and bought the 2-disc special even tho I don't have a widescreen because I wanted the song(NOWL) on the extra disc. This week I ordeder the full screen one so I can watch it commercial free. Hallmark and Oxygen deleted the flashing scene which I wish they has left out. It has no meaning and caused it to get a non-family rating from DOVE, even though they admitted they liked the rest of it. I never get tired of it.

Bernie :cunning:

OK - so DOVE has a problem with a brief scene of a bare behind but not with a main character who kills people because they interfere with his plans (and we are supposed to feel sympathetic towards the killer)? Hmmm.... something seems wrong there to me. If I was evaluating whether the film was OK for kids to see I would never even give a second thought to a bare bum, but would think really hard about whether the kids were old enough for the killings, and the threatening behavior of the Phantom towards Christine and Raoul. It's not a kiddie flick, for sure.

Lisa - there are a LOT more extras on the UK version of POTO, but not necessarily any more Gerry. There are more featurettes, a long one about Swarovski, I haven't watched it in over 3 years (the extras, not the movie) so I'm not sure what all else, but it is a lot. The extras on the UK version of Dear Frankie are different, the Japanese version of Game of Their Lives has extras including interviews with Gerry. I've never opened my American version of it so I can't compare.

Susan, I am sorry I offended you about the flashing scene, but nudity on screen is offensive to me. I am unashamed to admit I am a Christian and I do not watch movies with nudity. A flashing scene is rather tame, I admit, but IMHO, there was no reason for it in POTO, it did nothing to enhance the movie, and it would have been better without it. As you can guess there are some Gerry movies I will not see.

That said, I love this movie. I often wonder why so many are offended that the Phantom was a murderer. Imagine the life he had. Hated by his mother and forced into a life of despair in the carnival, kept prisoner to make money for them. Is it any wonder when he had a way to get free by murdering an evil man who exploited, whipped and kept him prisoner that he did. I don't blame him at all, in fact I think anyone with "b*lls" would have reacted the same way. As for Buquet, he was worse. peeping Tom, stalker, trying to find the Phantom and destroy him, getting his kicks out of watching young girls change their clothes. Finally The Phantom had enough and he got rid of him. Is what he did any worse than duels, which were common in those days?

And Piangi, he is never seen actually killing him. he jumps on him, Piangi screams, and the next time we see him with a rope around his neck with Carlotta crying over him. It could be he fainted when Phantom put the noose around his neck, had a heart attack, or anything. I prefer to give Phantom the benefit of a doubt. After all, he could have taken advantage of Christine. Instead he left her to awaken on her own, untouched. He wanted to marry her, he even had designed a wedding dress ed for her which he either had made, or lovingly may have made himself. And in the final scene in the lair, he again let her go, even though it tore out his heart.

I think too many listen to the one line of Christine's where she says "he has to killa thousand men." Where did she come up with that idea? At the time it was only, two, and possible one she knew nothing about. Several of her sayings were exaggerated.

I felt inside he was a decent person. I think too many of you because you all love Gerry tend to think that "There is no way Gerry could be a murderer." Probably not. But remember, he was portraying this man. It was NOT Gerry. I think there was some good in the Phantom that only needed to be brought out by someone who cared for him.

God is the judge, not us, and I give this version of the Phantom a benefit of the doubt, as I am sure that is the way ALW intended him. The book- well that is an entirely different Phantom.

Spartandax

Actually, there is a reason to include the scene as it demonstrates clearly the cast and crews derision of Carlotta and her coterie.

That said, you have a right to view or not view any film you wish for any reason. However, Christianity and nudity are not necessarily incompatible as centuries of religious art can attest. Salacious nudity is another thing but I don't think that was the reason for the scene in POTO. :)

Jane