Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

Gerry and Jen Anniston Movie Announcement

Prison movie...hummm....I hope it's a drama!

Thank you for letting us know sav8821!!!

hugs,

Sue

Article: Jennifer Aniston Produces Goree Girls

Jennifer Aniston, best known as Rachel Green on the hit sitcom Friends, will executive produce the period musical entitled Goree Girls. Based on a true story, Goree Girls is a film about eight women who were incarcerated at Texas’ Goree State Farm penitentiary in the 1940s who formed one of the first all-female western acts in history.

Don't know if singing is required by Gerry in this one.

Lyn

NOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :tantrum:

Cassie

Edited by Susan~Sporran
edited to remove horizontal scroll - too many "o's"

I too wonder if Gerry gets to sing, or if only the girls do. It doesn't indicate what part he'll play but seems to indicate it will be the romantic lead. Another interesting development in his career - I just love, love, love the variety in the projects he chooses.

NOOOOOOOOO

Cassie

:funnyup: Thanks Susan! :kisswink:

Cassie

Love Gerry..not so much a fan of Jenn's though..*don't hate me* But hey, it's WORK and does that mean he'll be filming in Texas..where's all the Texas girls at? ;)

Edited by moonglow

YES A 40s PERIOD FILM FOR GERRY!

God I hope he side parts his hair and wears suspenders.......:poof:

AND I HOPE HE SINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bailey, OMG I didn't even think of that, THE SIDE PART!!!! :thud:

Bailey, OMG I didn't even think of that, THE SIDE PART!!!! :thud:

I'm here for you.

OMFG! The side part with the forties clothing...................................................:poof::coldshower:

I'm excited! A musical! And it sounds really interesting. As much as people say they "hate" Jennifer, many people adore her.... and I guess this proves that most of the stuff the tabloids print about Gerry and other stars is BS!

Can't wait to hear more about this!

Swannie

My knee-jerk reaction: Gerry + TEXAS Prison = Gosh, I hope he doesn't try to do a Texas accent.

Actually, my first reaction was "Gerry + TEXAS Prison = YEEHAW! SHOWER SCENE" but I got lost in the moment...

So now I'm back to my original statement. Gerry, I love ye and would pay to watch you do almost anything. But you have to respect your limitations, man. Please don't try to master a Texas accent! One, we'll never be able to forgive the dialect coaches for feckin' with your native tongue. (We're still pessed at whomever tried to ruin ye with a Chicago accent in BOAW; you've barely been the same since...) And Two, unless you're going to play a Scotsman who immigrated to Texas, we'll never be able to forgive the dialect coaches for feckin' with your native tongue. (We're still pessed at whomever tried to ruin ye with a Chicago accent in BOAW; you've barely been the same since...) :rotflmao:

Ok. Ok. In all seriousness. I might be able to forgive the "Scotexan" accent IF your character has got your natural hair color. That would probably distract me enough to forgive any inaccuracies.

I KNOW I'd be able to forgive the Scotexan accent iffin yer character was to use yer perty mouth to perform numerous kissing scenes with lotsa Mr. Pinky darting aboot. (Has anyone ever told you that you're the best onscreen kisser to ever be memorialized on film? I'm just sayin...)

Anyhoo, I think compliance with these two affermentioned conditions would have many of us "hearing" nothing less than a perfect Texas drawl... :kisswink:

Can I just say how awesome an idea this sounds like. I am so thrilled for Gerry that he is getting the opportunity to be involved in all kinds of different genres nowadays. This movie hasn't even made made, and I already love it! lol and its set in the 40`s, and thats always good in my book. and I love, absolutely love that he is working with Jennifer Aniston. I know a lot of people don't care for her, but I think that she is such a classy actress, and so funny! Kudos to Gerry and Jen on this project, and I will def be first in line to see it. :)

This is exciting news! This is why actors create their own production companies - to get the kind of variety in roles that studios (and too often "fans") don't offer them. Can't wait for this one. Such variety!!! The man's an ACTOR! LOL Not just a hunk! God love him, I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out. :love:

Jane

Edited by Jeb

Guest Nay

NOOOOOOOOO

Cassie

:rotflmao:

Sometimes Cassie, you take the words right out of my mouth! I'll wait and see what unfolds but it certainly doesn't leap out and grab my interest. 'Shawshank' set too high of a benchmark for prison movies in my eyes. Edited by Nay

My taste in prison movies runs more towards The Longest Yard (the original, not the remake which I never saw). The Green Mile is my favorite serious prison flick.

As for a shower scene - this is a women's prison, so if there is one it likely won't include a peek at Gerry's adorable derriere (or any other nekkid body parts).

OMFB! You've got to be kidding me..... This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, as far as I'm concerned- for me, JA is up there on the same list as Keanu, under "Undeservingly popular actors that can't act to save their lives" ... I am still skeptical about the Ugly Truth, and that's not even a musical... I think Gerry is doing himself a disservice by choosing something so corny.... I mean, think about it, ladies... If it wasn't Gerry in the role, take your pick of whom-would you feel the same way? Would you be as excited about the storyline, or any part of the movie? Ah, you must be ware of how much your love blinds you.....

NOOOOOOOOO

Cassie

:rotflmao:

Sometimes Cassie, you take the words right out of my mouth! I'll wait and see what unfolds but it certainly doesn't leap out and grab my interest. 'Shawshank' set too high of a benchmark for prison movies in my eyes.
Edited by BurdenedSoul

OMFB! You've got to be kidding me..... This sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, as far as I'm concerned- for me, JA is up there on the same list as Keanu, under "Undeservingly popular actors that can't act to save their lives" ... I am still skeptical about the Ugly Truth, and that's not even a musical... I think Gerry is doing himself a disservice by choosing something so corny.... I mean, think about it, ladies... If it wasn't Gerry in the role, take your pick of whom-would you feel the same way? Would you be as excited about the storyline, or any part of the movie? Ah, you must be ware of how much your love blinds you.....

I believe that is part of being a "fan" - at least it is for me. I have no interest, not a single iota, in seeing Game - but I will see it because I am a fan of Gerry's and for me that includes seeing every movie he is in no matter the genre. Actually, I would not have seen most of Gerry's movies if he had not been in them, and yet I've thoroughly enjoyed and outright loved most of them once I got there.

This actually does sound like a genre I would enjoy and would probably see regardless of who the male lead was (and I'm not a JA fan - I'm neutral on my feelings about her). I have a friend who has seen two pre-screenings of The Ugly Truth and said that both times the audience (mostly NON-Gerry fans) absolutely loved it and laughed their butts off, so I'm certainly not about to write that off.

We all have our own favorite types of movies and the fact that Gerry chooses such a wide spectrum means that he is likely to hit your favorite some of the time, and he is likely to miss it some of the time too. I'll be there for the ride no matter where it takes me cuz he's entertained me so far.

Wow. I don't know what to think of this one. It's kind of hard for me to picture right now. So, I'll reserve judgment.

Kind of strange that he has a prison theme going on....vendetta prison movie LAC and now musical prison movie.

I'm flat out skeered about the possibility of Gerry doing a Texan accent. I'd be happy to tutor him, but I really think his character needs to keep his Scottish accent. Gerry isn't the best with accents and I don't know if I could get over him butchering a Texan accent. I might have to rip my ears off of my head.

However, I LOVE the idea that they would come to Texas to shoot. Please let them come to Dallas!!

Yeah - and 300 was going to be the end of his career, too!

"Walk the Line" didn't sound exciting to begin with but it worked out OK.

I wait to see the film before I label it a disaster.

Jane

I think it's unfair to judge without knowing all the details. We don't know if this will be a serious movie or something like O Brother Where Art Thou (and if they were meeting with Andy Tennant, my guess would be the latter). For me, I love movies about true stories, and I think Gerry does period pieces very well. I also trust his judgment. I wasn't looking forward to TUT until a friend of mine saw a pre-screening and said it was terrific.

Anyway, I have a hard time seeing JA as anything but Rachel Green, but that's because I was a true-blue Friends fanatic (seriously, ask me anything!) I hope this shows her in a different light. She needs to be more of a character actress and change her look to be seen as anything but Rachel.

Aside from her, I think Gerry as a 40's prison warden or guard (my guess as to his character) should be interesting. And if he gets to fool around with Jen's charachter, we'll get a little satisfaction there as well. :kisswink:

I think we need to give it time to develop and see what the storyline comes out to be. Look how LAC has changed over the past few months. You just never know what could actually come out of a movie idea.

I say good for Gerry. He obviously sees something in it to put his name on it.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl