Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

Gerry and Jen Anniston Movie Announcement

I found a bit more info on Jen's site...

The Goree Girls

Of course, this is old, but it gives more a picture of the movie. A period singing comedy Western? I wonder if the girls will be doing all the singing or will Gerry also sing? I agree, I sure hope he doesn't try to do a Texas accent!

I plan to reserve my judgement until I hear a bit more about the movie...

;):wuv:

Interesting stuff Dragon Slayer.

Well I always say I trust Gerry's judgement on things and so far as he has not failed me. Now what I would love is him doing a remake of Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and being the Burt Reynold's Sherriff character. Loved that film.

Moira

I will never understand why no matter what project is announced for Gerry, there are always negative comments that follow. I realize we are all entitled to our own opinions, but with such little info about this film.... how can anyone form an opinion?

It's absolutely true that when 300 was first announced, fans feared it would be a bomb and ruin Gerry's career. Go figure.

I'm going to keep an open mind until we hear more about this film... meanwhile I really wanna know where the songs will come from, who wrote them? Are they going to be well known country/bluegrass songs, or will they be originals? Is the movie based on a stage play? And.... is Gerry gonna sing????

Oh I hope so!

Swannie

If JA was so impressed with Gerry in PSILY, then I would assume she is interested in his acting talents as a romantic lead. A little something with music, romance and a few laughs thrown in are the kind of movies I like to see him in (just like RNR right?). I'd watch him on Sesame Street though so, I'll be seeing it whatever it is!

D

P.S. I do hope they let him keep his own accent.

P.S. I can't wait to hear Gerry do a "voice over" sometime for an animation. Wouldn't that be fun!

There is way too much jumping the gun here. We just found out about this what 5 minutes ago? What I love most about this whole thing is that it sounds like Gerry will be doing something different yet again, something he seems to strive to do. I am not a blind follower GAL, but if Gerry is in it I will give it a try. He has carried all of his movies good or bad, that is why a lot of us are here. He has a quality that can make a stinker smell like roses. I am looking forward to hearing more about this film and will reserve the right to judge AFTER I see it.

If JA was so impressed with Gerry in PSILY, then I would assume she is interested in his acting talents as a romantic lead. A little something with music, romance and a few laughs thrown in are the kind of movies I like to see him in (just like RNR right?). I'd watch him on Sesame Street though so, I'll be seeing it whatever it is!

I would LOVE to see Gerry do Seseme Street! :lol:

P.S. I do hope they let him keep his own accent.

I highly, and sadly, doubt it.

P.S. I can't wait to hear Gerry do a "voice over" sometime for an animation. Wouldn't that be fun!

Your wish is granted! He did the voice of Stoic the dragon in How To Train Your Dragon AND a voice in one of the Watchmen versions (someone help me with this one).

OMG!!!! read the entire article! This sounds so good!

Here is an excerpt: "I was determined to find out what had happened to these women who had been able to mesmerize audiences with their raw, plaintive songs of lost love and bittersweet dreams and the hope for a better future. There had been talk during that time that some of them were destined for successful musical careers after their prison terms ended. But they had faded quickly into obscurity. It wasn't until I found Mozelle McDaniel, the last known surviving member of the original band, that I began to understand why."

I am VERY excited about this, and I love bluegrass!

Swannie

There is way too much jumping the gun here. We just found out about this what 5 minutes ago? What I love most about this whole thing is that it sounds like Gerry will be doing something different yet again, something he seems to strive to do. I am not a blind follower GAL, but if Gerry is in it I will give it a try. He has carried all of his movies good or bad, that is why a lot of us are here. He has a quality that can make a stinker smell like roses. I am looking forward to hearing more about this film and will reserve the right to judge AFTER I see it.

Well said, Lisa

Face it, I'd pay to watch Gerry hang wallpaper. Oooo, shirtless maybe? *Gone to my happyplace ~ slaps self*

Noone, at least few would have pegged "Oh brother where Art Though" the George Clooney film for the hit it became so I will hold onto equal hopes for this one. On the surface it doesn't seem like a spine tingler but then put Musical and Gerard Butler in the same sentence and I DO get hopeful chills.

Jennifer is an actress I have enjoyed on TV but has not proven herself to be box office gold. Like her or not, one has got to give the woman kudos for her good sense and taste in choosing the lucious and talented G-man as male lead and snogging partner. :cunning:

Fingers crossed for this one and :claphands: to Gerry for taking risks!!

Interesting info thanks for sharing :)

Im gonna keep an open mind since you dont really know what the end product will be until you go and see it

but it sounds weird to be making it into a musical, thats just an opinion

I saw a womens prison movie years ago and it almost has the same premis. Women in jail form a band

called "Bandits" it was word play on them being girls Band -tits lol! thats how it is named in the movie

anyway it wasnt a musical and I loved it because it was edgy, the girls escape and become popular

and have this crazy fan base who follow them while the cops chase them. It gets really dramatic and artsy

because it a Katja V. Garnier film, if your familiar with her work you get it.

The soundtrack is amazing too and that final song and scene made the entire movie worth it

info if your interested

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118682/

I only mention this because I wouldnt mind if it were dramatic if it's going to be like a cheesy musical I dont think

I will like it. But I'll go see it cause Gerry is in it :kiss: and keep an open mind and wish the movie success

I guess we all have different tastes and I would have to see it first it just at the moment with the few details doesnt

sound like it would interest me right away not a negative comment just saying... :kisswink:

Edited by Guest

Well said, Lisa

Why thank you my dear teehee Gotta Tell you Gerry on Sesame Street.... oh the thought.

Kimmy you are right. I think I would like to try the wall paper paste on him...oops should take that thought to the throbbing thread :drool1:

I too am not wild about most of Jenn's movies, but I will certain agree that she picked the best guy for her snogging buddy and leading man. Given the right lead I think a lot of people will be surprised by what she can do.

I was just getting ready to add my two cents' worth, when I realized that Swannie and Lisa had already said everything for me...well, almost everything...

In addition, all I really need to remember is that Gerry is a big boy with much more sense than to jump into something that he doesn't think has potential...plus, even if it did turn out to be less than a box office smash, so what? I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him the very best, no matter what the outcome is. As far as the naysayers go, this won't be the first time (and most definitely will not be the last!) he's had to deal with negative opinions, which people are certainly entitled to! I just prefer to trust his judgement on the project, and will definitely reserve mine until I actually see the movie.

Go get 'em, Gerry...best of luck!!

~Alison

I was just getting ready to add my two cents' worth, when I realized that Swannie and Lisa had already said everything for me...well, almost everything...

In addition, all I really need to remember is that Gerry is a big boy with much more sense than to jump into something that he doesn't think has potential...plus, even if it did turn out to be less than a box office smash, so what? I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt and wish him the very best, no matter what the outcome is. As far as the naysayers go, this won't be the first time (and most definitely will not be the last!) he's had to deal with negative opinions, which people are certainly entitled to! I just prefer to trust his judgement on the project, and will definitely reserve mine until I actually see the movie.

Go get 'em, Gerry...best of luck!!

~Alison

Amen, Alison. I respect Gerry so much for choosing roles based upon his connection with a character or his love of a good story. Gerry is a consummate storyteller, and I think it's more honorable to care about telling a good story than caring about box office draw. Of course it would be nice if his movies made more money, but at least Gerry can look himself in the eye and know that his career is based on integrity and not dollars.

Lisa

Guest pamelajane

Maybe "they" are calling it a musical because there is singing in it from the band. I can't see anyone singing about the horrors in prison. I know this could be cause for speculations, but do you think Gerry is the wavy haired guy or Paul Mitchell or one of the Governors? And remember when Gerry was asked in a RnR interview if he will sing in another movie and he said definately yes or words to that effect. Thank you for posting the story. This should be very interesting.

Pam

or maybe he's the band's producer. Producer, get it? Ok, I'll go now.

Edited by pamelajane

Has this new movie been confirmed by Gerry's office? Until it has I tend to await further developments.

If indeed this is a future project then I shall support his choice. He knows what he wants to do and how he wishes his career to go.

I have faith in his choices and he's not disappointed me yet. My take on this is that it is a drama with musical interludes, not a musical as such.

I think the story of these women is one of hope and positivity and I can see how something beautiful could be built around it. From a grim future in prison, they took their destinity in hand and through music, became respected and popular individuals of their time. They ended up being pardonned. I can see why such a story would attract an artist like Gerry. :)

Oh Boy, this does not sound good to me. :lalala:

I am having a hard enough time picturing Jennifer Aniston in prison let alone singing. :doh:

Please let this just be a "rumor". :unsure:

Your wish is granted! He did the voice of Stoic the dragon in How To Train Your Dragon AND a voice in one of the Watchmen versions (someone help me with this one).

Gerry isn't the dragon - Stoic the Vast is (I believe) the father of the boy who has to learn to train a dragon (I just bought the book but haven't read it yet). They must be expecting big things of that movie because it is going to get an IMAX 3-D release in the summer of 2010.

On a DVD tie-in to the release of Zack Snyder's Watchmen we'll have Gerry doing the voice in Tales of the Black Freighter in which he plays the sole survivor of an attack by the titular "Black Freighter." He is battling to return to his home and save his family from the same attackers - and he grows more and more mad in the process.

Has this new movie been confirmed by Gerry's office? Until it has I tend to await further developments.

If indeed this is a future project then I shall support his choice. He knows what he wants to do and how he wishes his career to go.

I have faith in his choices and he's not disappointed me yet. My take on this is that it is a drama with musical interludes, not a musical as such.

that could be it about the movie being a "musical" and agreed on what you said as well as what Phangirl and Lisa posted. We dont really know anything about this just announced movie and what direction it will take.

My comment was mostly targeted at the serious aspect of women in prison and why turn it into a musical not on Gerry's

acting ability or him making bad choices. Cause I loved him in everything he's done to date :kiss:

so something to look forward too and wait for more future info to be released and maybe Gerry might talk about it in an

upcoming interview soon. like i said before I wish this project success :wave:

I take it from peoples posts here that this is a remake of the story having already been told ?

I never heard of this before thats why I ask

I don't think so, Maria. I think it's just that we've read about it this morning. It's a true story - again, something I love to see Gerry doing. I do not believe it's already been done, which is another positive thing.

I also think Danielle hit the nail on the head . . . Gerry is an artist and this type of thing appeals to his sense of creativity and not his bank account.

i happen to like andy's style of directing...and i could totally see jen and gerry having great chemistry...i look forward to seeing this develop.. :cunning:

susan, yes he is doing the voice of stoick the vast...hiccup horrendus's father...chief of the hooligan tribe, and you need to read the book or books they are a series, and so funny...ive read 4 of them now to my 8yr old...and hear gerrys voice everytime stoick is mentioned :kisswink:

i happen to like andy's style of directing...and i could totally see jen and gerry having great chemistry...i look forward to seeing this develop.. :cunning:

susan, yes he is doing the voice of stoick the vast...hiccup horrendus's father...chief of the hooligan tribe, and you need to read the book or books they are a series, and so funny...ive read 4 of them now to my 8yr old...and hear gerrys voice everytime stoick is mentioned :kisswink:

Thanks Nance and Susan! I also just bought the book and need to read it. Maybe while I'm waiting in line all night tomorrow with my kids for Twilight.

I do not think it will be a Musical per se just a film with music in it. Oh when was the last time they did a musical based in a prison with women on death row - CHICAGO. Now that worked just fine.

Moira