Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

Gerry and Jen Anniston Movie Announcement

Another movie that I will have to watch. I cannot keep up with the movies. I do like Jennifer Aniston so this should be an interesting combination. Gerard worked with Angelina Jolie now he is working with Jennifer. I wonder what the common factor here is-mr cheaty pants Brad Pitt. I know off topic but I did like Brad Pitt movies before he dumped his wife.

Themis380

What is BOAW? He doesn't sing, he drives the singers. Sounds like a ploy to get him together with Jen. I'll see him in anything, I just hope it doesn't hurt his career. Not producting either, hum. I was hopng his next project would be something of his own as well. BUT, like I always say, he is one smart cookie and always knows exactly what he is doing, so I'll bite. Go for it, Gerry.

Sandy

I was hoping they would get Capone Rising together or Burns instead

Thanks Lisa for answering my question. I asked because everyone is posting about what character Gerry would

play and I figured because it was done already . I dont know anything about this true story, where did everyone get

the info from?

Not sure I am interested in this movie idea/concept and I am not a fan of Anniston's acting, BUT I would rather have GB working as opposed to not working. I support him and love seeing him in films so I will see it, but it does sound strange, really strange.

I'm imagining the music part being along the lines of Coal Miner's Daughter or Walk the Line where it is only there because the story is about those who performed the music rather than a real Rodgers and Hammerstein or ALW-type musical.

To those who aren't liking this idea - NOBODY said you aren't entitled to an opposing opinion, but there are ways to state an opinion that isn't quite so IN YOUR FACE. For instance I haven't seen anyone who has voiced a favorable opinion saying "THIS WILL BE THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE BECAUSE GERRY AND JEN WILL GIVE THE MOST AMAZING PERFORMANCES OF THEIR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!! " but on the other hand those who aren't liking the idea call Jennifer Anniston a terrible actress, saying the movie will be a disaster, using rather more forceful terms to voice their opinion. I think all we're asking is that you reserve such strong judgment until there is a bit more basis for it. Just think how does it make you feel when someone comes on and posts an extremely negative comment about someone or something YOU like? Just keep that in mind before you have to drop such negativity on something that others may like. It isn't a matter of not being allowed to voice a different opinion but rather HOW it is voiced.

Oh he don't get to be a scot in this one againl I love his accent and wish he made somemore with his regular voice. I don't care too much for Jen didn't know she was producer, I imagine on this trip he is going on he will get to be well known. I hope so and then maybe he can pick and chose more parts, I sure hope so. I hate Rocknrolla is not here to see too. darn double darn :tantrum: Raina Snow

For those of you who are already saying the premise of the movie doesn't sound good, or Jen Aniston isn't who you would want to see opposite GB in a movie, then I would like to remind everyone how they felt about GB doing a small movie a while back called Dear Frankie, and more recently P.S. I Love You, and everything inbetween. Lately I think GB has made great and interesting choices for his movies, so how about we wait and see... and PLEASE no more talk about 'Burns.' The script is tied up legally so it isn't going anywhere for the time being.

Sorry if I am being pushy, but that's how I feel.

:whoa:

I agree that he's continued to make interesting choices that seem to go across the whole range of genres. I remember feeling a bit uneasy when the role in 300 was announced and that movie truly blew me away. For me, I love the wide variety of roles that he chooses. I think it's great that he gets to work with such a wide variety of actors and actresses. While not every movie is going to be everyone's cup of tea, I think we can be assured that we will see a great performance by Gerry.

As to Burns, I doubt we'll ever stop talking about that one. :lol:

By the time they are ready to make the movie of Burns I'm afraid they may be looking to cast Gerry in the role of Rabbie's father! That's one project that has already had so many roadblocks thrown its way that it could be another decade before it's a go- if ever. I just like seeing Gerry keep busy - he likes to be busy with the craft of acting, and perhaps he will find he really loves producing as well.

We need to be able to accept that our personal preferences in movies are going to differ, and we won't all like all movies Gerry chooses. I just like to wait until I've seen it before I trash it, though I'm not afraid to say which films don't SEEM to be to my taste, I know what I don't like someone else will just love, and that's great because it increases the audience who comes to know and appreciate Gerry's diverse talents.

By the time they are ready to make the movie of Burns I'm afraid they may be looking to cast Gerry in the role of Rabbie's father! That's one project that has already had so many roadblocks thrown its way that it could be another decade before it's a go- if ever. I just like seeing Gerry keep busy - he likes to be busy with the craft of acting, and perhaps he will find he really loves producing as well.

We need to be able to accept that our personal preferences in movies are going to differ, and we won't all like all movies Gerry chooses. I just like to wait until I've seen it before I trash it, though I'm not afraid to say which films don't SEEM to be to my taste, I know what I don't like someone else will just love, and that's great because it increases the audience who comes to know and appreciate Gerry's diverse talents.

What, you mean not everybody agrees with me about EVERYTHING?? :tantrum:

I really do hope that somehow, with Gerry now forming his own production company, that Burns can become a reality. *crosses fingers* In the mean time, it is great to see him working and avoiding the Sylvester Stalone trap of action hero 24/7.

Hey for the record, all I said was Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Cassie

I hope this movie is filmed in Texas because if it is, I will be front and center.....waiting to see that gorgeous hunk of burning love!!!! :whome2: I hopa, hopa, hopa, hopa they do film here. If they do, all I can say is get ready Gerry for a Texas size welcome................. :ohbaby:

Tojo

:bow::drool1::swoon::cheer::woo::2kiss::galdown::fans:

I'm looking forward to this! I really like Jennifer Aniston and I can't wait to see them working together!! Edited by CherokeeGrl

NOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :tantrum:

Cassie

Oh I so agree with you Cassie. :tantrum:

Paulette

Edited by enchanting eyes

Where does Gerry fit in? Is he a wardon, help produce the girl? What?????

Where does Gerry fit in? Is he a wardon, help produce the girl? What?????

I would expect him to be the man that Jenn's character ended up marrying. Remember, this is only "based on a true story" - it doesn' mean it is trying to be a bio-pic. Much like a lovely little movie I just watched on Saturday night called "Martian Child" - it too is "based on a true story" but adds the disclaimer that the characters are fictionalized. I would expect that is what they will do with this one meaning that Gerry could and likely will have a larger part than any one man had in the original "real life" story, and it will be romanticized and dramatized (and Hollywood-ized).

I was so elated when I read that Gerry was teaming up with Jennifer Aniston for a movie. I always hoped that they would. I just had a feeling that they would make a good team.

I will be so looking forward to this new movie.

I recently saw PS I Love You and I thought it was wonderful. I can't stop watching it ., so I'm sure this one coming up will be another winner. As all Gerry's flicks are to me.

Hugs, Midnight :pointy::wave:

I was so elated when I read that Gerry was teaming up with Jennifer Aniston for a movie. I always hoped that they would. I just had a feeling that they would make a good team.

I will be so looking forward to this new movie.

I recently saw PS I Love You and I thought it was wonderful. I can't stop watching it ., so I'm sure this one coming up will be another winner. As all Gerry's flicks are to me.

Hugs, Midnight :pointy::wave:

Uh Oh... two posts came up... HELP:

Edited by Midnight Diva