Gerard Butler GALS

11/21 - Blu-Ray to RocknRolla

becozy

Thanks, Hobbes!

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Blu-ray_to_R...in_January/3845

On January 27 Warner wants you to RocknRolla with the debut of Guy Ritchie's latest on Blu-ray Disc, day-and-date with DVD.

RocknRolla starts Gerard Butler, Thandie Newton and Tom Wilkinson in a story about sex, thugs and rock 'n roll. It had a quiet theatrical run with a little over $5 million garnered domestically.

The Blu-ray release will be fairly low thrills with the film, its extras and a digital copy packed onto a BD-25 disc. Exact audio and video specs have yet to be released.

Those extras will comprise of the following, with possible additions to come in the next few days.

* Commentary

* Deleted Scene

* Guy's Town

* Blokes

* Digital Copy

RocknRolla on Blu-ray pre-orders and high resolution cover art should appear by early next week and we'll pass along the information when they do. With a retail price of $35.99, look for RocknRolla to sell in the mid-$20s.

It had a quiet theatrical run with a little over $5 million garnered domestically.

I hope that Guy made enough on this one to make the sequels!!

Great news that it is coming out so soon on Blu-ray!!!! I can't wait!!

It's theatrical run hasn't quite ended domestically. It's showing in about 4 places in the greater L.A./OC/Riverside area still, and some of the more remote areas that didn't get it before are getting it now as it moves out of larger markets. I was surprised to see it will be playing at a really major theater in Hollywood - Mann's Chinese (which is adjacent to Graumann's Chinese where so many of Gerry's movies have premiered).

I would hope they would have a regular dvd to release to the masses, b/c I have no intention of going out an getting a Blue-ray player just for that....theyre expensive. I would love to see RocknRolla b/c it didn't come to any theaters even remotely near me, but I`m not going to go crazy.

any word yet about the release date of the normal dvd? or will they just be releasing it on blue-ray and thats it? I wonder b/c I don`t have a Blue-ray dvd player

If they don't release this on regular DVD, I'll just have to go out and buy a Blu-Ray machine! :hmm:

Thanks, Hobbes!

http://www.thehdroom.com/news/Blu-ray_to_R...in_January/3845

On January 27 Warner wants you to RocknRolla with the debut of Guy Ritchie's latest on Blu-ray Disc, day-and-date with DVD.

That's what the above means. Regular DVD and Blu-Ray will be released at the same time (which is rare.)

I would hope they would have a regular dvd to release to the masses, b/c I have no intention of going out an getting a Blue-ray player just for that....theyre expensive. I would love to see RocknRolla b/c it didn't come to any theaters even remotely near me, but I`m not going to go crazy.

It's worth buying the blu-ray, but I think they will release it on regular. I can't wait. I only got to see it 7 times in the theatre and now it is gone. I'm looking for it to hit the $1 theater so I can go spend a couple of Saturdays there watching it all day. Jan is a long way off, but since they didn't give it any theater time, I guess that is the best solution. I had to see it in Charlottte, it wasn't in Monroe either.

What really hurt my feelings was that every time I saw it there were only about 2-10 people in the whole theater, mostly men, where were all the GALS and TARTS, etc. I was really disappointed, I expected a turn out like for PSILY where everyone was laughing and crying and shouting. It was such a good movie for it, and the guys really had a great time. They were very verbal and noisy.

I'm usually very shy about the F bomb, but because of Gerry I'm getting use to it and I laughed my hinney off. When this crew uses the word it like any other word, not connotation at all, kind of like

p__s off, you know? So I hope that didn't keep the ladies out of the seats.

Sandy

Its out the week of my birthday :kiss::yay:

I wonder if UK will get it same time or earlier. They are probably bringing it out quick as they know the DVD market will make them a fortune.

Moira

1/27 was my sister and brother's birthday. I knew I especially liked you for some reason.

I'm so happy that RNR is coming out on their birthday. POTO premiered on mine, 3/9.

Talk about coincidences.

Sandy

Does anyone know if Gerry gets any share of the DVD sales? I hope they have corrected that so that the artists get their share. I buy at least 2 of each of Gerry's DVDs. At least l reg and l blu-ray, I have bought as many as 5 of some of them and given them as presents. I love to share my love for this man.

Sandy

I too buy multiple copies - some for gifts, some for raffles, some to lend out. Last year I bought copies of "300" for all the guys on my Christmas list and they loved it.

I'm afraid one of the problems Rocknrolla has over here is the title. I've had a lot of people who think it is like a long music video and aren't interested. They seem to be clueless what a good movie it is. Everyone I've taken to see it loved it, and went on to recommend it to others. Unfortunately our meager word-of-mouth campaign didn't have much impact on the box office. I've seen it 8 times and will see it again on Sunday at a theater about 40 miles away, the closest it will be now (but I'm making a day of it with gypsygirllovesgerry and anyone else who wants to join us and then we are ending up by watching the season finale of True Blood together).

As for blu-ray, eventually I'll get one but for now I still have an HD-DVD player I bought last Christmas for "300" - and it's still in the box because we found we needed about another $100+ of special connectors to hook it to our HD TV!! Go figure!

THANKS FOR THE INFO!!! I'm going for the regular, but I have to say, Band of Brothers is coming out on Blu-Ray, so I may have to upgrade my dvd player..I'm not sure though, mine is all region free now, so I kind of like it.

I hope there's more of the dancing scene too.

Thanks again!

It had a quiet theatrical run with a little over $5 million garnered domestically.

I hope that Guy made enough on this one to make the sequels!!

Great news that it is coming out so soon on Blu-ray!!!! I can't wait!!

I can't wait. I was hopping they would release the DVD. Not enough advertising in the States. Everyone I know I told to go see it and everyone that did loved it!!!

Sassenach

I've posted before on this and I'll post again....Guy really got back to what he does best, dialogue and fun characters.

And Mark doing commentary..can't wait to hear that too.