Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

RNR on DVD January 27th

I'm getting my copy for my birthday from my sis! Should be here any day! :yay:

D

But that's OK because I'll be in Hollywood tonight seeing POTO on the big screen again

<so jealous!!!!!> Grrrrrrrr! Some day......I will see POTO on the BIG Screen......Some day!!!!

Back on topic......So COOL!!! I will be going to the stores tomorrow night then! Hope they're not all sold out by then. I saw RnR at TIFF - yes, I was in the same theatre as THE MAN.....Laughed til the tears came. I am definitely going to pick up this dvd! Thanks for the heads-up!

Tuesday is almost here!!! :wuv:

Can't wait! :pointy:

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Went to Target this morning and had a bit of a panic attack when I couldn't find Rocknrolla. Hauled arse over to WalMart and they had it. Now I have to wait until I get home to watch it.

I can't get mine until Friday!! :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: It's killing me - you have NO IDEA!!! (well, I'm sure some of you have an idea).

Getting my copy at 10am ;)

Mine is on it's way! I pre-ordered from walmart.com and scheduled delivery is tomorrow! I know how you feel Lisa! I'm dying to watch it! It will be my first time!

Boo,

Did walmart have the special edition?

April

Well we don't get it in the UK til early February but guess what I was looking at my local cinema listings and for some reason this Saturday 31 Jan it is playing at my local cinema for one performance only and guess what that's my birthday - what a pressie - Gerry on the big screen :yay: It is apparently playing at various Cineworlds this weekend in the UK.

Moira

I'm watching my copy right now ;) Im sorry you have to wait so long Moira *hugs*

Yes, WalMart has the special 2-disc edition. I'm gonna take it over my parents tonight and see if I can get them to watch it with me.

Moira...I'm sorry you'll have to wait alittle longer to see it again. You've got your London & Toronto memories to hold you over!!! I went back and re-read My Gerry Story the other day. I needed something to lift my spirits and that was such an awesome day for us. I think I felt my hand tingle again.

Edited by isaboo

HAHAHAHA "ABANDON SHIP, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES"

I about fooking died watching One Two's little oral inudendo response to the russian's "i'm watching you" thing.....Go Gerry...now thats a heck of a way to tell someone to suck it LMAO!!! :funnyup:

Guy Ritchie is a flipping GENIUS!!!! absolutely LOVED the film!

Yes please tell us all about POTO Susan! Pretty please *pouts*

*hugs and love*

Kayla

I have my two disc special addition in my hands and when I get home tonight, I've got a kick arse dvd player and a big tv to enjoy it again...not like I didn't see it once, twice, three times in the theater. ;)

The website lied! It said RNR SE wouldn't be in stores! Not walmart anyway!

My guess is mine won't arrive until Thursday considering it was still in Texas yesterday! I think I'm getting impatient lol ;)

April

lol! I feel you Lisa!

I got an email telling me mine was shipped and Im stalking the postal carrier like you have no idea

I got smart - I RENTED IT!!! :pointy: Blockbuster didn't have the Special Edition, so that'll have to wait until Friday (I canceled my Amazon order - dumb me).

But I'll keep the regular version until then. Already told them not to expect it back until Friday. I also got them to give me one of the carboard/plastic things from the shelf. :lol:

Lisa

Whoo hoo - there will be a two-disc DVD release as well.

Alas, no commentary from Gerry. :crybaby: I sooo want him to do one of those. There is one from Guy Ritchie and Mark Strong, though.

Here's the scoop:

RNR DVD

Watching Rock n Roller now on comcast in PHila

lol! that sounds cool where are you gonna put the cardboard poster is it one of those huge stand ups?

No just one of those little DVD sized one from the shelf. It's with the rest of my Gerry stuff, including my PSILY DVD sized plastic thing. LOL

I suspect you have more Gerry memorabilia than the rest of us :)

I just need to find JOTS and LSIGM and Lies dvd to add to my dvd collection otherwise it's almost full

My 2 disc special edition got here this morning - thank you Amazon! I hope to watch the special features tonight if I don't fall asleep too early!

As for POTO - it was wonderful to see it on the big screen again. Unfortunately the sound is starting to show its age - there were some scenes where there was a distinctive "popping" sound (and I don't think they were making popcorn behind the screen). But big screen and big sound is just the best way to see this film whenever possible. I wish the screening had been full - I think I knew at least half the people there because they were local Gerry fans I see at other events. I got a couple of the special Phantom Libations cards from the tables at the cafe, I'm gonna send one to Knights Phantom for the Vegas raffle basket she and Sally are making. Of course, I didn't imbibe. We joked that I could order a 'virgin' of one of them but when you read the ingrediants the only ones that didn't include alcohol were Coke and a lime twist. We joked that we should call that The Raoul - the wimpy drink (though I actually like Patrick Wilson's Raoul, just not near as much as Gerry's Phantom).

I suspect you have more Gerry memorabilia than the rest of us :)

I just need to find JOTS and LSIGM and Lies dvd to add to my dvd collection otherwise it's almost full

JOTS is on YouTube; LS is on GB.net, but only the scenes with Gerry in it. SIGH. I love Gus!

I got my 2-disc at Wal-Mart...yay!! A first I couldn't find any of the copies and I was thinking what the hell!!! Esp. since there was one of the posters when you come in...lol. Alas I found it. Now I'm gonna watch my fave geery scene's before I have to go to work...hehe.

Brianne.