Gerard Butler GALS

PSILY on HBO tonight

Xan

Didn't know if it had been posted, but PSILY is on HBO tonight at 7 pm CT. It only garnered a two star rating. Not my favorite GB film, but I always have to watch him when he is on TV. Funny, huh? BTW anyone else get the notice about the demise of the Angel Fan site? Strange.

Yes, I did, last night. What a disappointment. I liked to check it every day for tidbits--usually articles, that hadn't shown up elsewhere. It was a site that even Gerry acknowledged favorably. What a shame. I certainly don't understand the decision or the reasoning behind it. Maybe there's more to it, though.

bflo

I'm going to move this thread over to the PSILY forum since that seems like a better fit for the discussion about the movie.

I'm glad it's going to be on HBO. Should give it a wider audience that missed it in the theaters. I happened to love the movie myself. But for sure all movies won't be everyone's cuppa tea!

Also, just in case you haven't seen it, we have a Forthcoming Calendar of Events at the bottom of our main Forum page, right below the Birthday listings! :wave:

Thanks for the additional heads up, Xan. :D

Edited by discoveringme

Well, after reminding everyone about PSILY being on HBO tonight, and admitting that it isn't one of my favorite GB movies, and having only seen it at the theater once (I know, bad fan, bad fan) and not owning the DVD, I watched it again on TV and enjoyed it much more than the first time I saw it. Gerry is really quite wonderful in it, not to mention unbelievably gorgeous. Why couldn't I be walking along a rode in Ireland or Scotland and meet someone like that? Did everyone notice how green his eyes appeared in those scenes? :yummy: I actually thought he might be wearing green contacts. His eyes were intensely emerald. I know I'm gushing, but I just found myself really enjoying it this time and GB was at his most attractive in this movie IMO. "Kissing is a man's business." You said it, Gerry! :cunning: Guess I'll go buy it tomorrow. :D

Not only was PSILY on HBO, but following it was 300 on Cinemax and later this week REIGN OF FIRE is to be on the Encore channel.

Gerry Heaven! :pointy:

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Edited by Erik's Ebony Eyes

I'm so glad you watched it again, Xan and enjoyed it so much! I laughed and cried throughout the entire movie the first three times I saw it in the theater. Even now, watching it on my DVD, I still get weepy. I could go on and on about it but I'll spare you this time. :lol:

The scene with them on the road in Ireland and his "Kissing is a man's business..." :thud: Makes me weak. That little whisper? :poof:

Oops, see. I can get carried away very quickly. :wave:

I had my TV on in the background today while I worked around the house. Much to my delight, Cradle of Life was playing. :yay: A great Gerry week of movies for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally watched PSILY on HBO. I knew it was on earlier in the month but I held off watching it. I like the movie well enough it is just hard for me to watch. :unsure:

It was nice to see Gerry as Gerry again. I forgot how gorgeous he looked in this movie. :wuv:

I think if I watch it a few more times I might be able to get through it without a box of tissue. :tissues:

Edited by Scorpio613

I think if I watch it a few more times I might be able to get through it without a box of tissue.

I dunno. Good luck. I've watched it maybe 18 times and I seem to cry harder each time. Seriously - I turn to complete mush. Every. Single. Time.

:tissues: