Gerard Butler GALS

12/7 - LAC Casting News for Jan start

becozy

from: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/columnists/...et_Rockies.html

Philly's Heery Casting, which worked on Arlen Faber and Push, will help find actors for the next big film shooting here: F. Gary Gray's Law Abiding Citizen, starring Jamie Foxx and Gerard Butler. Heery is looking for actors ages 18 to 70 - especially men 30 to 45 - for the shoot, running from January to March. Open call will be next Saturday at the Southwark House, across from the Rizzo Ice Skating Rink at Front and Ellsworth Streets in South Philly. Union actors should report from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. and nonunion from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring a photo. Details: www.heerycasting.com

As a producer won't he be in Philly early to assist with script and casting? Isn't that what producers do?

Depends on how hands-on they are. Gerry probably IS the hands-on type of producer, but my assumption was that all producers do is give money to the project. Am I wrong?

Either way, I'm glad it'll start in January. Let's hope nothing else pushes it back even further!

Edited by phoenixgirl

As a producer won't he be in Philly early to assist with script and casting? Isn't that what producers do?

Depends on how hands-on they are. Gerry probably IS the hands-on type of producer, but my assumption was that all producers do is give money to the project. Am I wrong?

Either way, I'm glad it'll start in January. Let's hope nothing else pushes it back even further!

I'm not sure - but I don't know if Gerry is financing the movie. I think the Film Dept., and maybe other investors are doing that. They are the Executive Producers. Producers don't necessarily finance a movie, but, literally help "produce" it. My friend who is an agent explained it to me that sometimes actors will produce a movie, not for any salary and not necessarily for any financing, but really to have that title of producer and the joy/interest of moving a project from beginning to end. Evil Twins will earn a % of the gross of course, but they don't necessarily put $ up front. I think.

Oh! Good to know. I really had no idea what a producer's job was, and thought it was all about money. But I can totally see Gerry wanting to be involved with the project from end to finish (again, hands on). Very cool.

Maybe we'll hear more about what it is exactly that he's doing as a producer.

Producers are in charge of finding the financing and setting budgets, hiring the director, writer (if need be), principle actors and all the rest that is essential to the production. Some producers are hands on, some aren't. There is a very wide variety of functions that they can be involved in and every film project is different. Gerry is only one of many producers on this project.

Evil Twins owned the rights to the script, a significant financial asset, as well as a guaranteed star. LOL Directors are significantly involved in casting as well. This cast call sounds like a call for extras and small parts that wouldn't necessarily require Gerry or any producer to be involved.

Films are like small corporations while they are filming. The producers are the Board of Directors, the director is the CEO if he's a name in his own right or President of Operations if he's a working stiff, and the department heads are the VP's in charge of whatever.

So keep your eyes open, Philly. Maybe Gerry is bent on discovering "talent" in the City of Brotherly Love!

Jane

Edited by Jeb

Thanks Jane for you great description of the role (or many roles) of the producer. The analogy of it being like a corporation surely makes it easier to understand. I too thought that the producers were the "money men", but lately thought there might be other duties that they would perform.

It was great seeing you at the POTO Redux . . . have a great Christmas.

Barbara

thanks for the news & he can get a chance to go and relax with his family for Christmas!

I always thought producers fly around to choose the location and help with wardrobe decisions etc. stuff like that

I always thought producers fly around to choose the location and help with wardrobe decisions etc. stuff like that

They can be. Or the director. Or both. It varies considerably - he holds the purse strings so he can be as involved or not involved as much as he wants to be or feels necessary. Some A-list directors are hired to make all the artistic decisions themselves (as long as they stay on budget LOL) and some directors take all their orders from the producer. Most are probably a mix of the two. :wave:

HI, BARBARA! It's already been too long!

Have a Happy Holiday and get ready

for the next time!

Jane

:tantrum:

They probably have a ton of assistant producers to handle the day to day things with the full on producers having the final say.

HI GIRLS! I´M VERY ANGER BECAUSE SINCE I´M BETWEEN YOURS, I CAN´T MAKE A CONTACT WITH ANYONE. JUST BECAUSE I DON´T KNOW HOW. BY THIS CAUSE, IS THAT I´M WRITING HERE BUT IS THAT HAS NO RELATION TO THE TOPIC. I NEED HELP, AND I DON´T KNOW HOW I CAN IT. KISSES AND THANK TO ALL.

:tantrum:

They probably have a ton of assistant producers to handle the day to day things with the full on producers having the final say.

HI GIRLS! I´M VERY ANGER BECAUSE SINCE I´M BETWEEN YOURS, I CAN´T MAKE A CONTACT WITH ANYONE. JUST BECAUSE I DON´T KNOW HOW. BY THIS CAUSE, IS THAT I´M WRITING HERE BUT IS THAT HAS NO RELATION TO THE TOPIC. I NEED HELP, AND I DON´T KNOW HOW I CAN IT. KISSES AND THANK TO ALL.

Hi Susan...What is it that you need help with? Is it a language barrier? If it has to do with the site you will need to get in touch with one of the mods! On the top of the page it will say my assistant ...click on that and you should be able to contact someone for help...If it's something that perhaps I could help you with I'll do my best for you! Sorry you are having such a hard time!

{{HUGS}} Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Did you see the latest casting call for LAC? They're looking for a skilled archer. I think it said skilled in long bows. Anyway, it mentioned filming in Philly in MARCH. I hope that just means the archer is needed in March, and that the thing really begins filming in January. Any news I missed about the start date????

Did you see the latest casting call for LAC? They're looking for a skilled archer. I think it said skilled in long bows. Anyway, it mentioned filming in Philly in MARCH. I hope that just means the archer is needed in March, and that the thing really begins filming in January. Any news I missed about the start date????

It said they would be filming from January to March. They are also looking for a ton of extras. The LAC blog on MySpace gives details.

Lisa