Gerard Butler GALS

The REAL Gerry (Part 2)

Susan~Sporran

Susan thank you for the link to hear the audio. I guess I am hearing it with a more compassionate ear or something. I heard it as him telling what happened trying to make light of an uncomfortable situation and saying he was wrong. With all the comments of he was bragging I was expecting something worse. The kicker was I just couldn't imagine Gerry bragging about that in the first place.

I hope GALS never goes anywhere, I love it here. If a time comes when Dayna doesn't or can't handle it I hope she asks for more help because I would be on the band wagon in a heart beat. I am sticking with Gerry and I will love him to the end.

Edited by celticgirl

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Gerry personally so I can only speculate what he is like or seems to be like.

I don't approve of the closing of Angels on something I feel is not substantiated but Linda had her reasons and it's her choice! It's not my site, I myself have my own and I'll say, Gerry has done nothing that makes me want to pull out on him. A wise person here told me this morning, he'd have to be caught with a child or a farm animal to make me not want to be his fan. I second that statement.

Not all fans see him in the same light. To some he is a saint and to others he's a wee less than that. I won't say you have to feel the same way I do about him. I won't say that you have to understand where I'm coming from where's he concerned...we each have a certain depth to our dedication. Be who you are as a fan, support him how you choose to and don't worry over the rest.

Edited by hotlips70

Why am I not surprised that this thread is still going today? I saw Gerry on TMZ walking to his car and being smug to the photog. He seems like he just has a lot on his mind to me, neither sad nor mad nor upset. I have every confidence that he's also smart enough to know that the closing down of one fansite is only the choice of one person not the entire fan base that supports it, at least I hope. He'd be more upset if the closing seemed to affect the rest of his fans in a negative fashion, LIKE EVERYONE STARTS QUESTIONING THEIR FANDOM BECAUSE OF ONE PERSON'S ACTIONS! Those fans are still out there and can come on to either this site or the other gazillion fansites out there for him! I've never seen a celebrity with so many before! It's astonishing!

As far as his movie selections, I just have to comment that there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there right now to choose from and that's not Gerry's fault! Having said that, it seems that in the movies that I have seen him in like Nims, PSILY and RNR as of late, may not have gotten great acolades but Gerry sure did shine in every one of them, IMO! Gerry is an outstanding actor! He's that "diamond in the rough"! I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees that, but in defense of his poor movie choices, I think he's doing the best he can with what is offered and what is out there! Hopefully he'll have more freedom in the arena of choices now with his Evil Twins.

Gerry's run the course. He's done horror, musical, children's, action/historical, scifi, romantic comedy, gangster, the only thing I can think of that he hasn't done is a good old fashioned Western and Hollywood doesn't seem to do too many of those anymore. I'd love to hear him do a voice over in a Pixar animation and be able to use that beautiful, lustful Scottish accent! I think he's just trying all kinds of things to find his niche or maybe avoid being typecast. I remember Gerry once said in an impromptu interview that he would do a love sick tree, or something like that, if he was asked. But whatever he does, I'll drag my happy butt out to see it because he's hot and he's a great actor and he's Gerry (not necessarily in that order). What else would one need?

D

I already said I love Gerry flaws and all. I mean Gee Golly Whiz I am not perfect. Why should he be?

Not that he'll ever be more to me but someone's characters I love on screen and I imagine in stories people tell. I am not going to die if I never meet him. I rather someone else get to that it would mean so ever much more to. I am satisfied admiring him from afar. Although it does make one wonder how cool it would be to be this girl for just a bit. :cunning:

Posted Image

Love,

Tracy

P.S. I didn't know this thread had done went and got dramatic. Oh well, I love him come rain or shine. It ain't like him and I are gonna be shacking up or nothing.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I don't know Gerry personally so I can only speculate what he is like or seems to be like.

Not all fans see him in the same light. To some he is a saint and to others he's a wee less than that. I won't say you have to feel the same way I do about him. I won't say that you have to understand where I'm coming from where's he concerned...we each have a certain depth to our dedication. Be who you are as a fan, support him how you choose to and don't worry over the rest.

I don't give a rat's behind who Gerry is or is not sleeping with. If he thought it were my business. He would join here or Gerrylicious and PM me. In fact anyone who knows me knows I rarely go in gossip threads. This is the pitiful part about that, yeah, I care about him, but I care MORE about me. If I read some gossip that upsets me with my nervous conditions I will get genuinely ill. So I stay up out of that.

I tend to play more with Gerry's characters either from roles he has played or those made up by creative ladies in fan fic or role play. Ask me something about Brock or Laird. I can hook you up.

Ask me something about Gerry's personal life. You need to ask someone else.

If I see pics over here on the side then yeah, I will be up in them because he is purty.

Now of course I wonder what the heck y'all are talking or fussing about so I'll ask someone.

Because I am a nosy ol' heifer.

Would Gerry think I am a good fan? I dunno. As long as he doesn't ask Dayna or Anna to kick me out. I think we are cool.

Love,

Tracy :funnyface:

Just be who you want to be to him, be his #1 fan or his 1,234,467th fan. Just be you and try not to stress so much.

Just my 2 pennies.

Love chics

Hotlips

Lisa, depends on what kind of farm animal huh?? LOL!!

That's where empathy comes in....Trying to put yourself in other people's shoes....I don't always like what celebrities do but then I'm not famous...I have no idea what it's like....I can only imagine....I'll always admire Gerry...in his imperfections and all. We all have imperfections...but sometimes it's because of those imperfections that make us who we are..... :kisswink:

It's my hope that he never changes...In his story telling, his smile, and great talents as an actor.

Oh, don't get me wrong....there are a lot of things I like about Gerry (charm, sense of humor, crooked smile, naughty behavior, big hands, beautiful eyes, adorable laugh, etc...). And there are a lot of things I don't care one way or the other about.

It's not that I dislike Gerry's choices of what he does off-screen...it's just that I really love some of the things I see other actors doing off-screen. The ones that ignore the Hollywood foolishness, don't seem to care if they are famous or not, take their daughters to the Wall-E premiere, and attend functions aimed at heightening the awareness of what is going on in Darfur....those are the kinds of actors that interest me off-screen. THAT is the kind of thing that makes them interesting and endearing. Not coming out of clubs, going to fashion shows, and attending big hotel openings. That's just run-of-the-mill "celebrity" junk. I like when actors don't DO that stuff. Makes them seem much more down-to-earth and "human". At least to me.

But it's cool that Gerry does it. That's fine.

"I am not going to die if I never meet him."

Yes, but at least I could die HAPPY! :wuv::yay::pant:

D

What I meant is I think there are others who have been fans longer that won't probably puke on him or worse if they met him because of a super dooper Panic attack. There are others who are probably better fans than I. Meeting celebrities is not in my top 10 list.

Owning all of Gerry's movies. That I would love to do.

I just figure we each have so much time on this Earth. Does Gerry want to spend that time with me? Doubtful so let him be with someone that brings him joy.

Love,

Tracy :kisswink:

Just be who you want to be to him, be his #1 fan or his 1,234,467th fan. Just be you and try not to stress so much.

Just my 2 pennies.

Love chics

Hotlips

I try to be the type of fan he would be proud of. I try to - TRY TO - post things that I wouldn't mind him reading or that I would say to his face. I believe that I act with class and dignity at events (maybe Nim's, not so much); and when I talk about him to other people I never gush. Seriously - I never gush about him to non-Gerry fans. I just talk about what kind of man he is, his movies, etc. I never bring up the looks cause Gerry doesn't need me to convince anyone he's gorgeous.

In all seriousness, I hope that if I ever have a face-to-face and he would by some miracele know who I am, he'll be able to say, "Oh, you're Phoenixgirl! Verra cool," and not be embarassed by me. Know what I mean? THAT'S the type of fan I strive to be . . . I would love to have Gerry be as proud of me as a fan as I am of being a fan of his.

Lisa

PS: Anna - we'll finish THAT conversation later. :lol:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Just my 2 pennies.

Love chics

Hotlips

I try to be the type of fan he would be proud of. I try to - TRY TO - post things that I wouldn't mind him reading or that I would say to his face. I believe that I act with class and dignity at events (maybe Nim's, not so much); and when I talk about him to other people I never gush. Seriously - I never gush about him to non-Gerry fans. I just talk about what kind of man he is, his movies, etc. I never bring up the looks cause Gerry doesn't need me to convince anyone he's gorgeous.

In all seriousness, I hope that if I ever have a face-to-face and he would by some miracele know who I am, he'll be able to say, "Oh, you're Phoenixgirl! Verra cool," and not be embarassed by me. Know what I mean? THAT'S the type of fan I strive to be . . . I would love to have Gerry be as proud of me as a fan as I am of being a fan of his.

Lisa

PS: Anna - we'll finish THAT conversation later. :lol:

I understand, I'm all good girl, all good!! You know where I'm at.

A wise person here told me this morning, he'd have to be caught with a child or a farm animal to make me not want to be his fan. I second that statement.

I actually think I could forgive him for the farm animal . . . :lmao:

As far as the Chinese zodiac is concerned, Gerry IS a farm animal (the beautiful and proud rooster) and I am the Ox. Can he be with me? Can he, can he, can he????? Please?

D

A wise person here told me this morning, he'd have to be caught with a child or a farm animal to make me not want to be his fan. I second that statement.

I actually think I could forgive him for the farm animal . . . :lmao:

As far as the Chinese zodiac is concerned, Gerry IS a farm animal (the beautiful and proud rooster) and I am the Ox. Can he be with me? Can he, can he, can he????? Please?

D

:funnyup: :funnyup:

You said ROOSTER!!! I would've said something else! Hahahaha!!

Seriously, I know little of what caused a spirited debate in here, but I am Gerry's fan in good times and bad. I don't have fans, but I have had some fair weather friends and they suck.

So, no I might not agree with everything he does.

I sure as heck don't think he is perfect.

I know he is not a Saint.

I am not gonna be a fair weather fan.

I am proud to be his fan.

We might not could live together till the water boiled, but that ain't happening no way.

Posted Image

Plus look Mr. Pinky and grinding. Wh00t!

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

D

What I meant is I think there are others who have been fans longer that won't probably puke on him or worse if they met him because of a super dooper Panic attack. There are others who are probably better fans than I. Meeting celebrities is not in my top 10 list.

I just figure we each have so much time on this Earth. Does Gerry want to spend that time with me? Doubtful so let him be with someone that brings him joy.

Love,

What would be worse than puking on him, Tracy? The only thing that comes to mind would be pooping your pants? Sorry to be so crude but that would be more my reaction when I'm in "panic" mode! But fortunately, my panic attacks have a delayed reaction and occur AFTER the cause of them has passed, but I know the feeling! :tantrum::funnyup:

D

D

Love,

What would be worse than puking on him, Tracy? The only thing that comes to mind would be pooping your pants? Sorry to be so crude but that would be more my reaction when I'm in "panic" mode! But fortunately, my panic attacks have a delayed reaction and occur AFTER the cause of them has passed, but I know the feeling! :tantrum::funnyup:

D

Um Yep you got it. :lalala: LOL now Gerry will call Dayna and Anna. Edited by JustCallMeTracy

D

Love,

D

Um Yep you got it. :lalala: LOL now Gerry will call Dayna and Anna.

Ya think? What would he say, Tracy?

D

D

Love,

D

Ya think? What would he say, Tracy?

D

Please keep that Heifer and her digestive abnormalities away from me.

Reckon?

Love,

Tracy :spit:

Seriously, I know little of what caused a spirited debate in here, but I am Gerry's fan in good times and bad. I don't have fans, but I have had some fair weather friends and they suck.

We might not could live together till the water boiled, but that ain't happening no way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/jus...cy/GJ/th_a3.jpg

I'd love to be the girl he's grinding...woo hoo

Edited by Songbird
When quoting posts with images, please change image to a link only. Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/jus...cy/GJ/th_a3.jpg

He's just "Mr. Coffee" cause he "grind so fine"!

D

P.S. Maybe they should sign Gerry up for next season's Dancing With The Stars"! Can you imagine the voting process and jammed up lines?

Edited by Songbird
When quoting posts with images, please change image to a link only. Thanks!

D

Love,

D

Call who?...LOL!! :kisswink:

Posted Image

I have been known to have this vision of him(only it's ME that he is grinding on!) stop me dead in my tracks as it runs through my mind!

Love the light tone this thread has taken on! Keep it up ladies! <mind slips shamelessly :gutter: > :escape: