Gerard Butler GALS

The REAL Gerry (Part 2)

Susan~Sporran

How do I love thee, Gerard Butler? Let me count the ways! Well I could make a list. He's a great actor, he's overwhelmingly sexy, he's beautiful to look at, then there's that wonderful accent and sexy voice, those ever changing eyes, his gorgeous smile, his graceful body, his quirkiness, his sense of humor, then there's the law degree so he's intelligent, he loves his Mum, he's not afraid to be himself, he doesn't seem aware of his own sex appeal and the affect he has on women, he can change his look to suit his character, his facial expressions tell you just how he's feeling, he's mysterious yet an open book, he's a little boy but all man! He can wear mismatched clothes, have tosseled hair, a scruffy face and can still look so hot you want to faint! He's pairfect! What more could a GAL want!

D :wuv:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I love thee, Gerard Butler? Let me count the ways! Well I could make a list. He's a great actor, he's overwhelmingly sexy, he's beautiful to look at, then there's that wonderful accent and sexy voice, those ever changing eyes, his gorgeous smile, his graceful body, his quirkiness, his sense of humor, then there's the law degree so he's intelligent, he loves his Mum, he's not afraid to be himself, he doesn't seem aware of his own sex appeal and the affect he has on women, he can change his look to suit his character, his facial expressions tell you just how he's feeling, he's mysterious yet an open book, he's a little boy but all man! He can wear mismatched clothes, have tosseled hair, a scruffy face and can still look so hot you want to faint! He's pairfect! What more could a GAL want!

D :wuv:

What a perfect description D!

• 5 weeks later...

Still lovin' Gerry..... lovin' him rumpled, lovin' him elegant and refined. Lovin' him with gray temples, lovin' him with scruff or clean shaven. Lovin' his goofy side, his serious side and his "I don't give a fook what people think of me." side.

I will take him with or without white shoes and black socks

'cause either way I think he RAWKS

holes in his jeans, shrunken sweater.... in a slick tux and everything in between...

I love him because he's perfection, I love him because he's a mess

I love him because he's a dichotomy, I love him because he's as complex as chess

I love his eyes when they're blue, I love him when they're gray

I love him angry and grumpy, when he wants the world to go away

I love his moody broody days, his light and breezy ways

I love his laugh, I love his smirk, I even love him when he's a jerk

I love him in his movies, even the ones I don't like

I love him in his sports car, or just riding around NYC on his bike

I'm glad he's just a guy, kinda ordinary, but kinda smart

and even though he fooks up sometimes

I believe he has a real good heart.

Swannie

:funnyup:

Swannie, thanks for putting a smile on my face with that poem...I loved it!!!!!

I would love for you to post it at Gerrylicious...please!

Edited by hotlips70

:wuv:

Still lovin' Gerry..... lovin' him rumpled, lovin' him elegant and refined. Lovin' him with gray temples, lovin' him with scruff or clean shaven. Lovin' his goofy side, his serious side and his "I don't give a fook what people think of me." side.

I will take him with or without white shoes and black socks

'cause either way I think he RAWKS

holes in his jeans, shrunken sweater.... in a slick tux and everything in between...

I love him because he's perfection, I love him because he's a mess

I love him because he's a dichotomy, I love him because he's as complex as chess

I love his eyes when they're blue, I love him when they're gray

I love him angry and grumpy, when he wants the world to go away

I love his moody broody days, his light and breezy ways

I love his laugh, I love his smirk, I even love him when he's a jerk

I love him in his movies, even the ones I don't like

I love him in his sports car, or just riding around NYC on his bike

I'm glad he's just a guy, kinda ordinary, but kinda smart

and even though he fooks up sometimes

I believe he has a real good heart.

Swannie

Swannie in summation you have done it again!! Everyword so true.He is all true man not perfect,but could he be just right for you?Ordinary but Extraordinary,100% Alpha Male,He is the perfect dichotomy,and you want to take it all in.Masculine with that right amount of tender.You could listen to him sing,talk,laugh whatever the magic in his voice...The eyes, those eyes.I would be a slave to love..I have to piggyback on a few other comments everyone sees something in him that we all can agree on..His uniqueness :wuv: I'm totally besotted with this beautiful stranger..Now he is so real to me though and better than that he knows I exist as well..sometimes I say to myself what if in the next lifetime? if there is such a thing.We could be best of friends and lovers..maybe never cross paths..Destiny is a wondrous and magical thing...just like him.He has profoundly impacted my life over the past 2 months and then I was in his face I'll never be the same.Those moments in time are truly special indeed.I feel like I need to come come down off of him,but I don't want to.What do I do now with myself.I'm so addicted!!!!Always wondering,wishing,praying,hoping for it to happen again.Now I want a more cerebral event to take place, anywhere,anytime.Tap the mind,probe him,hear his thoughts and views,his take on it all.Like his line in "Dear Frankie''we are all connected' and we all are still Lovin Gerry..Peace :wuv:

Glad you ladies enjoyed my silly little poem. I needed a lift today, and Gerry is always good for that... (plus it's all true!)

hotlips.... I will be happy to post it on your site when I can get over there!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I love to think of Gerry doing normal things like gardening on his rooftop apartment in NYC - Can't you just see him erecting a trellis up his climitus!

Moira

hehehe ... she said "erecting" ... (Sorry, OLD chat humor there!) Remember those days, SwannieAnne? I suppose I'm feeling nostalgic with my 3 year GALSiversary on the morrow. *sigh* GOOOOOOOOOD times... :wuv:

Very nice poem, Swannie--definitely states how I feel. Spot, Happy Upcoming GALS Anniversary!!

I just this moment realized I FORGOT (unbelievable) that Feb. 11, was my 4 year anniversary of

seeing POTO for the first time, and that was the night I discovered Gerry! I cannot believe I

didn't remember. Guess the old age really IS creeping up!! Anyway, now that I remember, I

want to add that I still love Gerry, unconditionally, as if he were one of my own kids. He is,

and shall forever be, my "Phantom" son. I know he is not prefect, and although he looks like one

(most of the time) he is not GOD, so I just love him for the man that he is, however that may

be from moment to moment. It is so great to have GALS, where I can come to share my feelings

with others who adore Gerry, in different ways.

Hugs,

Judy

I love to think of Gerry doing normal things like gardening on his rooftop apartment in NYC - Can't you just see him erecting a trellis up his climitus!

Moira

hehehe ... she said "erecting" ... (Sorry, OLD chat humor there!) Remember those days, SwannieAnne? I suppose I'm feeling nostalgic with my 3 year GALSiversary on the morrow. *sigh* GOOOOOOOOOD times... :wuv:

Yes Holly.... I think on those crazy nights in chat quite fondly. Back then we had so much fun! You, me, Jenn, Pervin, Pilar, Amy, Lish, Suz, Gabriel, (whoever he/she really was).... Dayna... OMG, I can't remember everyone who was in there. Good times.

Congrats on your Gerryversary!

Swannie Anne

Personally, Gerry has my undying support and respect. My attraction to him was his respect and love for his mum. Any man that shows that much appreciation and genuine love for their mother has my respect. He has shown that he is very sincere with his fans and loves them very much. Not only that but shows wisdom when it comes to picking out roles and handling the crazed papparazi.

As an actor I think Gerry likes to try a bit of everything. We see actors fit the same role over and over, it gets dull pretty quickly. With him its not always the same and I admire him because it takes balls to go out there and do something new. Actors have a tough job trying to keep their lives private because everybody wants to know what you did 10 minutes ago. Gerry takes it in stride and when it bothers him he lets them know. I don't think I've ever seen him lash out at anyone. I wouldn't blame him if he ever did anyways.

The original thread reached more than 300 posts so here is the new thread. I'm reposting Swannie's most recent update to the original thread, or you can go here to read the entire first thread: The REAL Gerry

Just wanted to add that a lot has transpired in Gerrydom since I first posted this topic. Some of Gerry's fans are withdrawing their support of him because because of recent events in his personal life, and some are disappointed in his current films and the direction of his career in general.

How do you feel?

Swannie

I just wanted to add to the recent developments~ Come on , Ladies! Gerry is just a human being, a fine and quintessential man~ However he is just a man .. that is why we love him so much. Difficult belonging to a world where your every move is either photoshot or taped. Makes time that he wants to be with friends f*@&ing difficult! If I were Gerry, I would be mad as hell and rightly so. I believe that Gerry was raised to appreciate the simple life, Being in the spotlight..I can only imagine that he wishes at moments that he could sit on his back porch in Scotland and be quiet and reflective. We all need our own little piece of solace.

Lis'e

Archie's Ocean Gal

P.S. Listen~ " No Other Love" Sung by~ Chuck Prophet

Edited by Lise

I just wanted to add to the recent developments~ Come on , Ladies! Gerry is just a human being, a fine and quintessential man~ However he is just a man .. that is why we love him so much. Difficult belonging to a world where your every move is either photoshot or taped. Makes time that he wants to be with friends F*@&ing difficult! If I were Gerry, I would be mad as hell and rightly so. I believe that Gerry was raised to appreciate the simple life, Being in the spotlight..I can only imagine that he wishes at moments that he could sit on his back porch in Scotland and be quiet and reflective. We all need our own little piece of solace.

Lis'e

Archie's Ocean Gal

Totally agree with you on that Lis'e.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's how I feel about Gerry.......

One day when browsing through Youtube

T'was watching vids most random

I clicked a link and suddenly

Was confronted by a Phantom!

Da...da da da da daaaaaaaa, I heard

came streaming through my laptop