Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Perrin

12/8 - Aniston, Butler find laffs at Columbia

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111799705...yId=13&cs=1

Aniston, Butler find laffs at Columbia

Andy Tennant to direct bounty hunter comedy

By MICHAEL FLEMING, TATIANA SIEGEL

Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler are in negotiations to topline an untitled bounty hunter project at Columbia.

"Hitch" helmer Andy Tennant is attached to direct the comedy, which centers on a bounty hunter (Butler) hired to retrieve his ex-wife (Aniston), who has skipped bail.

Sarah Thorp, whose most recent bigscreen credit is the Ashley Judd starrer "Twisted," penned the script.

Studio is eyeing a May start date.

Neal Moritz is producing through his Sony-based Original Films shingle.

Aniston, who next stars in the Christmas Day opener "Marley & Me," has three films in the can: "He's Just Not That Into You," "Traveling" and "Management," which she also produced.

"300" star Butler, who most recently appeared in "RocknRolla" and "Nim's Island," will next be seen in the thriller "Game" and the romantic comedy "The Ugly Truth" opposite Katherine Heigl.

Tennant most recently helmed the Matthew McConaughey-Kate Hudson topliner "Fool's Gold." He also is attached to direct "Chasing Harry Winston."

Cool! Well that sounds a little different.

A comedy for 2010? I'm willing!

(Actually like the sound of this with Gerry better than Goree Girls but to each his own)

Jane

Edited by Jeb

What happened to the other project they were making together? This makes more sense, actually, but I wonder what's true now.

It actually might be good. I wait to pass judgment . . . but I can see him being very sexy and a tough guy, and it's supposed to be funny so . . . we'll see . . .

But really, what happened to Goree Girls???? :confused:

Edited by phoenixgirl

Goree Girls was a rumor and apparantly an incorrect one.

OMG - You mean something on the internet might be wrong???

I'm shattered!!!

Just teasing, Lisa. GG was never confirmed by anyone involved as far as I remember - just an idea floated by one of the film sites.

Variety is a bit more reliable but I suppose we'll know for sure when it's all signed, sealed and delivered.

Jane

Edited by Jeb

Goree Girls was a rumor and apparantly an incorrect one.

OMG - You mean something on the internet might be wrong???

I'm shattered!!!

Just teasing, Lisa. GG was never confirmed by anyone involved as far as I remember - just an idea floated by one of the film sites.

Variety is a bit more reliable but I suppose we'll know for sure when it's all signed, sealed and delivered.

Jane

Oh! Okay, good to know! I guess we can kinda trust Variety. Thanks, Jane!

Lisa

this sounds way better! A sexy bounty hunter woo hoo

JA better not ruin this movie ....jk lol ;)

btw why does it say 11:52 am it's like 3:00 am now ?

Edited by Guest

Well i like the sound of this one over Goree Girls if I'm perfectly honest. Could be very funny. Oh Gerry a bounty hunter.

Good to know he has other projects in the works and I would trust Variety over alot of other publications.

Moira

Well then I guess we switch gears. Do like the sounds of this one. Maybe he could be a singing bounty hunter? :unsure:

Gerry...a bounty hunter??!!! *THUD*

I KNOW!!! :cunning: This sounds like a fun project for Gerry too.

Ooooo....I am hoping for a love interest!! I know we're not supposed to do that but Jennifer is a sweetheart and she knows what it's like to get hurt and I think she deserves a great guy like Gerry. I'm gonna hope that love finally finds our guy and he lives happily ever after!! :music:

He might be a leather jacketed Bounty

hunter like Deniro in Midnight Run.

MMMM now THAT I can see!

Lord, now my imagination is running overtime . . . leather jacket, button down shirt not quite buttoned all the way, tight jeans, shiny badge, gun holster on his hip . . . :swoon:

Just found this article on MTV Movie Blogs:

This movie deal comes with some major tabloid baggage. If you’re a follower of celebrity gossip, you know that everyone was certain that Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler were an item. It turns out those “business lunches” were just that — business. According to Variety, they’re in negotiations to star in an untitled romantic comedy for Columbia Pictures. Andy Tennant, man of a thousand romantic comedies, is attached to direct the prison caper. Butler will play a bounty hunter who’s hired to retrieve his ex-wife, played by Aniston, who has skipped bail. The prison angle explains the rumors that Aniston wanted Butler for the women’s prison drama “Goree Girls,” which makes you wonder how many prison movies Aniston might be in talks for.

And what kind of bounty hunter will Butler be? Will he sport a blond mullet like Duane “Dog” Chapman? A cape/poncho like Boba Fett and Clint Eastwood’s Man with No Name? Some crop tops and eyeliner like Domino Harvey? Some tattoos, at least? It better be super macho, because I’m a little crushed that the King of Sparta, a true RocknRolla, is determined to be the new romantic comedy guy. At least this one might have a little bit of dirt to it — bounty hunters and bail-skippers are hardly the stuff of hearts and flowers.

It’s your turn, MTV readers — do you think this romantic comedy has a bit of edgy potential? Do you buy Aniston as a woman on the run? Is Butler the romantic lead of your dreams? Is it weird that they both can be linked to Angelina Jolie? Let’s get the comments started, shall we?

MTV Movie Blog

Edited by phoenixgirl

Gerry...a bounty hunter??!!! *THUD*

I KNOW!!! :cunning: This sounds like a fun project for Gerry too.

As long as they don't give him a mullet like DOG the Bounty Hunter! Total turnoff. I'd never be able to look at Gerry the same again! lol

*sigh* Still not feeling it...

Cassie

Well I can't get into the MTV movieblog to add a comment but he is definitely my idea of THE

leading man in any project. No one else comes close. I guess this will be his romcom after LAC.

He seems to do an action and a romcom now for some time.

Calmwaters, I hope when Gerry finally settles down it will be with someone from his Mum's city in Scotland. Someone who can share the values he was brought up with, not some Hollywood hot to trot that has no idea what values are. He needs to get back to his roots for stability in his life. Hollywood is a fun ride for a career, but when it comes to home and family, he needs Scotland. JA would be lost there after a while. He loves Scotland and I hope he will SETTLE there for his retirement. Maaybe produce and act in hometown theatre in his OLD AGE. I really hope he stays FREE for a while to fully enjoy the ride he is on while it is still a good ride. Plenty of time to settle down a little later. Give him

time, he has a good head on his shoulders. He'll know who and when the time is right. He has plenty of opportunity to have "friends" to keep him company right now.

Love him absolutely.

Sandy

Actually looking forward to this project. Also anxiously awaiting TUT. The trailer looks so cute. I still have not seen Rock n Rolla. I guess I will try to rent it when it comes out. I don't think it is still showing anywhere here!!

Tojo :cunning:

Can I say, I'm not feeling JA as a romantic love interest for Gerry. She's just a little too high strung for him, on screen as well as off. I like Katherine Hiegal in TUT and Hillery Swank in PSILY, but Jennifer? Nah, doesn't do it for me. I can see her wanting him off screen as well, but he "just wouldn't be that into her!" LOL!

I'm still going to try to reserve judgment for later, but in all seriousness I'm disappointed that he chose another rom com. I just read where Keanu Reeves (not a fave) just signed to do a historical feature about Japanese history. I would so like to see Gerry do something like that, but that's just my opinion.

OPINION AGAIN . . . I don't want to see him go down this road. I love him, will support him if he does if this is truly his choice (but knowing what I know, it's not). However, I was kinda disappointed that he chose another predictable rom com. Another article about this compared the storyline to Fool's Gold. :gah:

Then again, I was completley upset about TUT and now I can't wait to see it. I don't buy JA as a fugitive, and I see her just playing another Rachel Greene type. Gerry, he can do anything so I don't worry about his performance.

Sorry - had to get that out. Just not into the story.

Lisa

OPINION AGAIN . . . I don't want to see him go down this road. I love him, will support him if he does if this is truly his choice (but knowing what I know, it's not).

What makes you think it's not his choice?

Two rom-coms, with other films in between, does not an endless road make.

JB

I'm with tupelohoney, what makes you say that this is not his choice? Whose choice is it if not his?

I haven't seen enough of JA's work to have an opinion about her and I surely don't know enough about her personally to have concluded she is too high strung, too high maintenance or anything else like that. It seemed to me that she handled the whole Brangelina fiasco better than most would have, and that is the main situation in which I ever heard or read much about her. I know she seems to be into John Mayer which I just don't get since he APPEARS to have a reputation for cheating, and I'd expect that would be the LAST kind of guy she'd want to hook up with after what happened before. But maybe his reputation is false.

It's rather ironic how in one thread we will say that people shouldn't believe things that the media print or claim about Gerry because it may well be quite fabricated and yet in another some people are drawing conclusions about a co-star of his based on that same media. I'm gonna guess that those opinions are based on information that is just as likely faulty as any printed about Gerry, don't ya think? Perhaps we owe others, like JA, the same benefit of the doubt we grant Gerry. Unless of course someone knows her personally and has REAL dish for us.