Gerard Butler GALS

12/12 - Gerard Butler in IMDb's Top Ten Movie Stars of 2008

becozy

from: http://jdepp.org/2008/12/johnny-depp-chris...2008-star-list/

Johnny Depp was No. 1 and Christian Bale was No. 2 on IMDB.com's list of the top movie stars of 2008.

IMDB.com, a subsidiary of Seattle-based Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), said the rankings were determined by its Starmeter tool that ranks celebrities' popularity. Depp has ranked No. 1 for five years in a row.

Rounding out the list's top 10 were Heath Ledger, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Kristen Stewart, Will Smith and Gerard Butler.

"The Starmeter list is a true gauge of what's hot in pop culture based on actual user interest and visits to a star's page," said Keith Simanton, managing editor, IMDB.com, in a statement.

Source: Business Journal

Johnny Depp was No. 1 and Christian Bale was No. 2 on IMDB.com's list of the top movie stars of 2008.

IMDB.com, a subsidiary of Seattle-based Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), said the rankings were determined by its Starmeter tool that ranks celebrities' popularity. Depp has ranked No. 1 for five years in a row.

Rounding out the list's top 10 were Heath Ledger, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Kristen Stewart, Will Smith and Gerard Butler.

"The Starmeter list is a true gauge of what's hot in pop culture based on actual user interest and visits to a star's page," said Keith Simanton, managing editor, IMDB.com, in a statement.

Although I am always happy to see GB achieve these media lists, I am surprised because in moments of weakness when I have visited his page at IMDB, the snarkiness of the posts are so unrelenting and ugly that one would think he was the most hated celebrity in Hollywood. :(

I love the word snarkiness...I wonder if the snarkors just favor other stars that are ranked lower and are angry that they are passed over? I stopped reading the snarks because some were so nasty, outlandish or downright creepy.

:hmm:

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

Yeah, some of the comments are definitely snarky, but Gerry's are almost mild considering what they write about some other celebs. Some of the poor women get the worst of it. PH site is the absolute worst for the snarks. Luckily, he doesn't use much Gerry stuff. But some of the female celebs get such terrible stuff written about them I can't understand how it's possible to leave the junk on the internet. Aren't there obscinity laws? I think there are about a dozen nuts who lurk around those sites and try to outdo each other with obnoxious remarks. They certainly aren't representative of society in general. I'd say 95 percent of the general public never even look at them. We just check them out to seek pix of Gerry and then get upset by these nut cases. I'm gonna look at the pictures from now on and skip the comments. It's not worth getting my blood pressure up.

As the article mentioned, the popularity are also based on the number of hits to a "star's page" for the actor. The ones who make the negative comments don't realize that they are only helping to promote those they try to tear down whether their comments are positive or not, their "hits" to the sites are still counted.

D

IMDb is notorious for negative comments and lurkers. Gerry actually gets alot more love on his site than most other stars. I find it entertaining actually. Some of the girls or guys that post about Gerry are indeed 'snarky', but some are also clever and their comments are pretty funny. It's all in fun because it has to be. There is no merit to what they say, they are just having fun, wasting some time and making GB enormously popular. Love it!

Congratulations Gerry!! :)

He so deserves to be on that list!!! I feel that Gerry is sometimes looked over when it comes to "star popularity" by tabloids or entertainment magazines. They don't seem to stray away from the usual list of George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Agelina Jolie, etc... who I believe are all over rated, talent wise!

So Gerry, congrats to you and keep up the good work! :kisswink:

(edited for typos... LOL)

Edited by GreenEyes

On that site some of the posters are very good detectives and it appears they work 24/7. The blood pressure factor does exist but you can predict the usual "nay sayers" and if you are not in the mood you just "skip". Gals is good and a happy medium. The other "net" can get too gushie but it is all a time filler. Thanks for the constant updates and the really cool photo gallery.

Although I am always happy to see GB achieve these media lists, I am surprised because in moments of weakness when I have visited his page at IMDB, the snarkiness of the posts are so unrelenting and ugly that one would think he was the most hated celebrity in Hollywood. :(

I agree with you Xan! I won't go to many other sites anymore because of the "snarkiness" of the comments toward our Gerry. The man is amazing and asolutely gorgeous. I don't care what he wears or does. He is always right in style with the other people around him and he is wonderful to us. His 'real' fans. And after all, he is European and they are not as politically correct as we are and yet he is fitting in pretty darn well! So all the stupid comments about his clothes and his attitude make me so mad. He is just trying to be a guy in Hollywood and do the job he loves so much! Personnaly, I think he is incredible and does a darn fine job of being a fantstic actor and gorgeous man! :thud: He'll be moving right up there as time goes by. He is so yummy! :drool1:

I just took a short trip over to the IMDb board to see what's up today. Well, looks like Gerry is. The STARmeter on his page tonight is registering UP 229 percent over last week. I didn't bother reading the comments, tho I did check out the topics. Some were on the Paris rumor, but most people everywhere seem to discout that as ridiculous. Thank God.

I have never gone to IMDB - but I have heard that the comments there are very "snarky" - love that word! Amazing how some people just decide they really don't like a person. Strangely enough, I encountered that anti-Gerry attitude on one of the largest, if not the largest, fan sites.

Cheers, Phans! :chnuzzle: :chnuzzle:

:wave:I have a couple of friends from IMDb and they warned me about the "snarkiness" on Gerry!! I cannot read that kind of s--t about this incredible man. He is a fantastic actor and he gets better in his craft and his looks as he gets older. He is a beautiful man. I mean how many men can look absolutely gorgeously hot in sepia and a beat up hoodie???????? Not many. But Gerry is still the only one for me. He makes my tummy flutter and my heart beat faster just hearing his voice!!! I don't go to any site that bum raps our man. :tantrum:

Gerry has incredible eyes, and They really show their intensity in his sepia photo. That man can tell me to 'come Joanna' and I'll say, 'as fast as my lil' chubby legs can go Gerry!!!' Gerry and I are twelve years old this year and still going strong. So those other dorks can just shut up about him. We are his army and I am proud to be a private in this army of awesome GALS!!!

Hugs, :wuv:

Joanna

It looks like IMDb isn't the only entity recognizing Gerry's growing popularity. There was a news report this morning (found it on Google News) that JWT, billed as one of the largest advertising agencies in the world, came out with its annual 90 things to watch in 2009 list. Most of the things on the list are electronics, other products and stocks, but there are a handful of people, including GERARD BUTLER!! Cool, huh! No numbering, just an alphabetical listing.