Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 61st floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 8 floors to go to reach 69 again!

Hanukkah has begun, Christmas is just a couple of days away, followed by Kwanzaa and then 2009 will be here in no time so now is our chance to celebrate in style. We will wish each other (and Gerry) the love and laughter of friends and family as we bid a fond farewell to 2008 and eagerly await what 2009 has in store. It will be a big year in Gerry's homeland as Scotland celebrates the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns, so we'll name this floor after one of his most well-known works - Auld Lang Syne.

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And never brought to mind ?

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,

And days o' lang syne ?

CHORUS:

For auld lang syne, my jo,

For auld lang syne,

We’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,

For auld lang syne.

And surely ye’ll be your pint-stowp !

And surely I’ll be mine !

And we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,

For auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We twa hae run about the braes,

And pu’d the gowans fine ;

But we’ve wander’d mony a weary foot,

Sin auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We twa hae paidl’d i' the burn,

Frae morning sun till dine ;

But seas between us braid hae roar’d

Sin auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere !

And gie's a hand o’ thine !

And we’ll tak a right gude-willy waught,

For auld lang syne.

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Highrise #2 Floor #48 - The Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #49 - Still the Lusty Month of May

Highrise #2 Floor #50 - Dance, Dance, Dance

Highrise #2 Floor #51 - Keep On Dancin'

Highrise #2 Floor #52 - Follow Your Purpose

Highrise #2 Floor #53 - GALS turns 3!!

Highrise #2 Floor #54 - GALS turns 3 -The Sequel

Highrise #2 Floor #55 - Summer Lovin'

Highrise #2 Floor #56 - Music of the Night

Highrise #2 Floor #57 - In a NY State of Mind

Highrise #2 Floor #58 - Globetrotter Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #59 - Happy Halloween

Highrise #2 Floor #60 - Happy Holidays

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Hey Sporran, I love your sig... the sweater for two!!

~Mel

Posted Image

Sitting here delighting in the twinkle of fairy lights, listening to carols play and drinking a well earned cuppa!
What a busy time it is, but my own fault I like to do the traditional things here and baking/cooking is two of them.

Love these glitter gifs I keep 'stealing' from emails.....and thank you for the Christmas Gerry pics, any more?

The weather here is damp but mild, the days are quite dark too. I do feel so sorry at this time of year for those
who are housebound through illness, the days must seem very long, they suffer everyday from lack of contact and
the 'bonhomie' that is generated.

Our wee man has a nasty cough and cold which is causing concern, he gets quite bad Asthma attacks but hopefully
a couple of days on steroids will help him.

Well back to the kitchen,
Yuletide hugs,
Anna x

Posted Image

Hello Anna!! *hugs* to the little guy... no fun.

Posted Image

Hi Mel, didn't see you there Galfriend, have a wonderful Christmas with the family sweetie!
And Susan must be here too, same for you Galfriend. Peace and Love, and don't eat too much........yea I know
it's so difficult, we should all take a leaf out of BettyAnn's book and get walking it off!

Yuletide hugs,
Anna X

Thanks Mel and Anna. I'm just popping in quickly during another way-too-busy day at work. We're doing a holiday potluck at lunch today because the company party was cancelled due to the crappy economy. We're having Christmas at our place this year so I'm kind of freaking out about that. But it will be good, I'm sure. However I STILL don't have any decorations up except for a few of my Santas. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to get the tree done and the rest of the Santas out. Then they'll have to stay out until about Valentine's Day! I already gave my husband his gift and you will probably think it is weird - he's been wanting a Dyson vacuum (he does most of the housework, the love) and I found one for a good price the other day on my marathon shopping spree so I gave it to him that night. He loves it!

Posted Image

Hi everyone! Hubby (PAL Good Sport) and I are finishing up here today with cleaning, gift wrapping and grocery shopping. Our daughter, Erin, is due in from LA tomorrow at 1:30pm. I hope LAX isn't too crazy! She plans to get there by 6:00am to catch her 8:30something flight. Christmas dinner is usually at my sister's house, but this year, she and her family are visiting friends out of state, so it'll just be the 3 of us here at home. Erin will have a very busy weekend here, because lots of her friends want to see her on the 26th and 27th.

Anna, I wish I were there to enjoy those goodies from your kitchen!

Susan, I'm sure everything will be great! Wow, a hubby that does most of the housework! Mine does most of the cooking, now, if only I could get him to clean too! :D

Hi Galfriends! Anna, what ya cooking and what time you serving? :p

Susan...I don't think that is strange at all .....but I do have a question...Where can I get me one of those? No I don't mean the vacuum ....I want a Hubby like yours! I could be tied up in traction with both legs broken and my hubby would not vacuum! Although...he does do dishes....well I usually have to do over but the attempt is made anyway! :unsure:

I have so much to do myself before X-mas day and of course my insomnia has kicked in this past couple of weeks....If I don't get some good sleep pretty soon I don't know what I'll do! So needless to say I'm not only mentally tired but physically as well! As of today I am having six guests for Christmas dinner and if Hubby doesn't invite anyone else I'll be okay! :tantrum:

:wave: Mel, Elissa and everyone else I might have missed .....I'm sure all you Ladies are busy readying for X-mas! If by some chance I don't get back here I want to wish you all a wonderful and Blessed Christmas from my house to yours!

:hearts: Frannie

Dont come up here often but wanted to say:

Posted Image

Posted Image

:wave: Susan the Dyson is really a man's vacuum cleaner, it's so big, it's too big for me, I had to give mine to my much taller daughter, and it's so heavy too. I now have a small, light weight but powerful cleaner that suits me. Himself is very handy but only when directed towards the dust and dirt, otherwise he never sees it.

I had a daily for many years when I lived up North, the house was big.....couldn't justify the cost now as I live in a cottage, (just needed one when I was in and out of hospital to look after Himself).

Frannie I'm having insomnia too, I think it's the heat in this house, we only have a light weight duvet on the bed but I tend to sleep on top of it most nights. Come over sweetie sample the fare, I love to be busy in the kitchen and stashing the goodies ready for Christmas.
I'm finished now, going to spend the afternoon with the children tomorrow to give the parents a rest. it's my turn to choose the Wii game. :pointy:

Posted Image

Yuletide hugs,
Anna X

Posted Image

Hello my friends on the day before Christmas EVE!

Anna, did you see the card I posted for you on the other thread? I hope so...I think you'll get a kick out of it.

Dan'l used to do most of the cooking and he still helps me clean...he tears the kitchen apart every week...he has his trusted cleaning agents and he polishes the cabinets, the granite counter tops, and the stainless steel appliances (which are a betch to do)....and than he steam cleans the floor....I try to tell him that I can do it because I want him to conserve his energy for fun stuff...but he says it IS fun and that he wants to do it! (I think they may have broken the mold with him though)

Frannie, take care of yourself sweetie...I hope you get some good rest tonight....dream of Gerry and reindeers...lol

Anna, Suzie, Frannie, Peggy, Eva Mari, Susan, Mel, Elissa, Jilly, Jill, Jennipher, Cat, Swannie, Betts, Jude, Judy, April, Debbie, Nancy, Maria, Diane, Bonnie, Anna2, Helly, Cassie, Alice and anyone that I am missing that ever comes to the support center....Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

love and hugs,

Sue

Hi everyone,

With everyone so busy at this time of year, I just wanted to wis all you great GALS a very Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays. :grouphug:

WendyM

I found it Sue, thank you so much sweetie, you know how much I adore your Summer house.......and Gerry! :drool1:

I feel very seasonal with all the snow, trying to settle in bed now...I know it's early but I need the rest.
Anyone know where Nancy is? And Peggy too?

Yuletide hugs,
Posted Image

Anna x

Posted Image Just dropping by to wish everyone a very joyous holiday!! Hope you all stay warm and cozy and enjoy family and friends.

Posted Image Peggy

Sporran - your husband does most of the cleaning???? Do you ever rent him out?? I think you are a very fortunate Gal.......

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone - enjoy and make memories.

Cheers!

just stopping by to wish everyone a Happy and safe Christmas! I hope you all enjoy your time with family and friends and cherish the moments and as always stay safe :) xoxo

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It'll be a very busy next couple of days so I wanted to wish everyone a very

MERRY CHRISTMAS, whatever your plans, stay well and be safe.

We're heading to the OC airport a little later to pick up my youngest son who is arriving from Maryland...so far, so good...only one hour delay! He's taking us to dinner, after we pick him up, to Gulliver's Restaurant (across from the airport) for a prime rib dinner as part of our Christmas gift. :yummy:

Did everyone catch the video of Gerry at LAX? He was heading out of town for the holidays to Scotland. Of course, he's standing in the check-in for first class, that's like an entirely different flight than coach!! :pointy:

Frannie....Tylenol PM...one and half tablets, it works every night for ME!

Love & Hugs

:rose:JUDE

Edited by JUDE

Anna - I actually got the slim line Dyson so it isn't heavy at all, and it's purple! We only have the bedrooms and stairs with carpet now, the rest of the house is bamboo or tile (and still with vinyl in the kitchen).

Frannie and BlueJean - when my husband and I first moved in together nearly 20 years ago I told him "I do not do housework. We can hire someone to do it, or you can do it if you want, but don't complain about me not doing it because I'm telling you right up front I don't do housework." He told me then that he didn't mind doing housework, actually likes it. He doesn't dust (hence the parts of the house that look as though it has snowed inside), but he does the laundry, vaccuming, dishes, and even cleans the bathrooms from time to time. I think I need to get out the swiffer before people come over on Thursday to remove the "inside snow". But, I think I'll keep him!!

Jude - Gullivers is the BEST place to go at this time of year because they decorate so beautifully. I usually take my staff there for lunch in December but this year with budget cuts there were no holiday parties except our potluck in the office.

As for Gerry flying First Class - if I could afford First Class I'd never fly any other way on a long flight like that. We got to fly business class last year from L.A. to London on MaxJet and it was HEAVENLY (and I can't imagine a First Class that was any better). But alas it was a year ago tomorrow that we got the notice that MaxJet went out of business and I nearly cried. What a shame because I'd have flown them again.

I have one more report to get to the boss tonight and then I'm heading out for a few last minute gifts.

Susan you are blessed. Yeah like BlueJeans says does he rent out? I had a cleaning lady once but my husband didn't want to pay her anymore and I could not so I had to let her go and she only charged 30.00 she didn't do a fantastic job but at least she did mopping and bathrooms I can't do them.

Its getting warm here. It will be in the 60/s Xmas day. and warm nights and rain.

RandomLanda, Anna, Frannie, Bonnie, Wendy, Mel, Susan, Jude Peg, Sue, *guest* all of you if I miss anyone Have happy holidays. soon New years will be upon us. another year older. :wuv:

Love ya'll have a good night Gerry Dreams I wonder did he go home for the holidays still wondering. Raina Snow

LOVELY LADIES

I'm away from this afternoon for 10 days.

HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR

Love you all and huge HUGS

Cat

Hi my friends , just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Posted Image

May all you wishes come true.... :phantom2::sword::behave::pucker::terry2::frank::terry:

Hello GALS:

Just stopped by to wish everyone a

very Merry Christmas.

We are totally snowed in here. :gah:

Make it go away!!!!!!

I was happy to hear that Gerry is going

home for Christmas. He needs to see

his family. :whome2: Does anyone know how to

get to the link about him being at LAX?

I woke up at 530 am and couldnt go back

to sleep, so I just said the heck with it and

got up. It looks like we arent going to be

able to go to my daughters tomorrow.

The snow and ice just makes it too unsafe

to drive in. Hopefully it will start to warm up

by the weekend like they say.

Have a blessed day and a wonderful week.

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Things are going to be crazy busy for everyone over the next couple of days, so I just wanted to take the time now to wish all of my darling GALS a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. May you all enjoy the warmth, love and joy of family and loved ones.

Happy Holidays!!!

Love,

Suzie

Just stoppying by to wish all of you a very Happy and safe Holiday.

We've been having a rain/ice storm all morning here in the east. YIKES!

In a few hours my boys and I will head over to my Mom and Dad's for Christmas Eve fesativities with our whole family.

May be calling on Santa and his sleigh for a ride over. :)

Have a great day everyone,

Lots of Love,

Marianne Posted Image

Just popping in to wish everyone a very, merry Christmas! I didn't think we'd do it, but hubby and I got everything ready! We did the grocery shopping for our Christmas dinner last night. Boy, the grocery store was a zoo! Our daughter is due in at the airport in an hour and half. :D

Merry Christmas, GALS!

Posted Image