Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Just a short "after Christmas" drive by to say how much I have enjoyed hearing about each

of your holiday celebrations. I don't have much to add to what everyone else has already

said, but I was blessed to have a very nice celebration with my family--all of them in the

same room for about 3 hours and not one unkind or harsh word was spoken!! I was SO

happy because last year things ended on a very sour note which carried over into the year.

I will continue to pray for those of you who have asked for prayers, and I will send one "up"

for the rest of you, just for good measure!! This has to be the most wonderful group of

women I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and I wish the very BEST for all of you

in 2009!!

Hugs,

Judy

Hi Gals - I'm sure everyone is relaxing (maybe collapsing is better) after the Christmas Day excitement. Mine isn't over yet - my family will get together tomorrow. What family we have. My son and his girl, my granddaughter and her husband and my great-granddaughter - and me. But I'm grateful for all of them.

Now we look forward to New Year's Eve, eh? Any big plans? I've been invited to a small gathering - food and games. No way will I stay up until midnight, tho. I turn into a pumpkin or something after 10:00 pm. Maybe I'll stay up tonight until 10:05 and see what it is, exactly, that I turn into! I'll let you know tomorrow.

LuciaVictoria, I tried to PM you re: a siggy - but the board tells me that your inbox is full!

Have a good rest of Saturday, gals.

Edited by BlueJean

Susan, I am so sorry you had to deal with your squabbling divorced parents. That must be so painful to witness. Following my own parent's divorce, they could not even be civil toward one another, so we never attempted a holiday celebration with all of us. In fact, I never saw my parents together in the same room after the split. That has left a sadness in my heart that I'm convinced will never fade. Those of you who still have both parents, and both parents still together are truly blessed.

Portland is beginning to melt! Our temperatures have risen enough to cause a slow melt, which is good, as there are now concerns about local flooding. Bill and I braved the crowds yesterday with a visit to our local mall. It was funny seeing all these crazed shoppers who had been snowbound for several days before Christmas. Everyone was running around buying and buying. We were all either purchasing our own Christmas gifts, or buying gifts for others, but it seemed that everyone was carrying one or more bags. It was nice getting out of the house, and it was fun to see all the children bundled up in their new Christmas coats, hats and gloves.

Last night we had dinner out and then came home and watched Polar Express. Hubby and I love that movie, and it inspires much conversation afterward. We like to discuss the allegorical aspects of the movie into the wee hours.

Today I am just laying low, enjoying my Christmas decorations but getting antsy to take them all down after the new year.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

HI SWANSONG I AM NEW HERE BUT WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT PORTLAND. OREGON. I LIVE IN TILLAMOOK, OREGON BY THE CHEESE FACTORY. ALSO YOUR SIGGY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE HAS MADE ME GERRY HOT INDEED!!! THOSE EYES. WELL ANYWAY I DO WANT TO WISH ALL OF THE GALS AND NON-GALS A GERRY HAPPY NEW YEAR. DEDE :yummy:

Hi Mistaya! Yes, I live in Portland OR. Nice to have another Oregonian on board here. Our wonderful Lady Fran (Frannie) made my siggy. She makes them by request. Nothing beats Gerry Butler in white tie and tails!

Swannie

Sue so glad you got B2 for awhile . my kids will be here soon I don't know when or how long but I can't wait to squeeze them. Of course you and yours are always in my prayers. Yes Yvonne is quite a lady, she has no car to go and is so lonely and is worried so about Ken, and Amy. I call her every night that was so good of her to call you.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Suzie are you able to change your mind in such a small space? hahaha a joke.

Monica said its cold in Texas.

its still warm here and Frannie I can't believe it is warm there. I tell its crazy everywhere this weather.

I have been lazy today I have been outside sitting all day except for vacuuming and thats it.

Hey when there is no reason to get up early or to go anywhere or do anything I stay in bed listening to books on tape or watch a Gerry movie what more could I ask for but Gerry in person. !! :drool1:

be good ya';ll Love ya Raina Snow

:hugs: and Happy Holidays wishes to all!! :wave:

We had a wonderful white Christmas with lots of fresh new powdery snow here in our neck of the woods. A lot easier to drive around here in the snow than where Swannie is since we don't usually get all the ice. My sister in law and her family joined us. They will be here for another few days. Loads of fun for the older boy (4) out in the snow but the little one (20 months) didn't like the feel of it under his feet. :lol: My sister and her husband joined us as well for a couple of days. It's the first time I've had enough room in our house for guests to stay the night so it was an absolute blast to have a big group. Well, big for me anyway. A total of 11 in all since my mom wasn't able to make her flight. All the snow in the Northwest closed the Seattle airport on the day she was flying. Since her connection was through there, she decided not to come afterall. Oh well. We still had a blast.

Sue, I'm glad you got to spend some time with B2. What a lucky little boy he is to have such devoted grandparents. Prayers for Dan and you as well for his upcoming tests.

Suzie, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your house will close on time. I can't wait to see pictures.

Michelle, I'm sorry about your ankle. I hope you heal quickly.

I know I'm missing tons of shout outs. Blessings to you all as we come to the end of 2008 and begin 2009.

:kiss:

Jilly

Well life is finally settling down...slept until 11:00 today...I've got laundry on and I'm trying to straighten my house out..lol. We had such a nice Christmas and yesterday, well, yesterday was my day with B2. I didn't even get dressed! We played and we wrestled and played horsey or laughed and even took a nap together...it was wonderful. I hated to see them leave last night. BUT my Sadie (my kitty) was sure glad to see them go! Bryan brought his first child, Maggie (a black lab) with him and Sadie left home and didn't return until today (thank God she is home, fed and comfortably sleeping now...lol.

Posted Image (ahhhh Christmas tree which I can try and dismantle)

Posted Image (B2's favorite thing right now is horses)

Posted Image (and Daddy makes the bestest horse)...b2 ready to attack and jump on his favorite horses back)

Posted Image

Dede, welcome to the support center!!!

hugs,

Sue

Ah Sue daddies do make good horses it seems like only yesterday mine did the same for me. I can't believe it was so long ago. I can't wait to this weekend or whenever my kids decide to come. I have not found out yet. oh well, I have waited this long.

Bonnie if you turn into a pumpkin I turn into a warm night gown. :bonk: and get in bed I don't stay up but sometimes the fireworks or cracks (or crack heads) :eek: make my dog nervous. so I have to give her a benadryl to calm her down. but usually its raining I hope it does it again this year.

nothing much here today church and Kay at my church ate at my house leftovers I was so glad. I cleaned out the frig and I cleaned the turkey and got rid of it .now my mom would have made turkey soup but Gerald don't like it and I can't have it so I throw it away. so sad.

I want to have some ham for this weekend. I think I will go up to heavenly ham and get me and Gerald 2 dinners and bring them home.

I was watching Gladiator and took a little nap not long for the dog got me up. As soon as GErald left she got up so that means I should too.

Michelle I hope you are feeling better today.

Susan that is so sad to have to deal with something like that especially at this time of year but all year too.

I feel so bad for Ken and Yvonne he is soon going for a hip replacement and I don't know what he will do after that. he still is not working.

Well, I have to get back to facebook and take off my stuff. I get so much. it takes time I only do a little at a time. have a good night all, and Gerry if you are in Scotland now run through the Mountains for me. love ya'll Raina SNow

:boobsquish: After a great family Christmas, I had to put my daughter on a plane back to Los Angeles today! I won't see her again until she comes home in March to see our accountant for income tax purposes. :sad:

Sue-those are great pictures!

Suzie-that cellphone bill looks alot like the bills Erin has been receiving since moving away from home. We finally got her signed up for unlimited calling and texting.

Hugs to all!

Elissa, here: Posted Image .... I know exactly how you feel....After all the fun and noise and mess ... everyone is gone and I miss them so much already!!!

huge boob squishing hugs my dear!

love,

Sue

Awww, Elissa....you too, Sue, I wish I could give you a huge boob squishing hug! However, I don't have huge boobs. Would you settle for a booblet squishing hug? If so, you got one! :comfort:

Suzie

Awww, Elissa....you too, Sue, I wish I could give you a huge boob squishing hug! However, I don't have huge boobs. Would you settle for a booblet squishing hug? If so, you got one! :comfort:

Suzie

You want some of mine? Posted Image If I could I would reduce! I want nice small ones please. Oi! I have to read through the thread a bit to see what is going on. I've been off the board for a couple weeks and out of the SC for like too long I can't remember when I last posted. Double Oi! Here's hoping everyone had a great holiday and everyone was safe and warm. Material things are just that but family is priceless.

I shall return when I have more time. I'm swamped here at work go figure.

Cassie

Hi GALS,

Sue, I loved the pictures of your family! Thanks for sharing!

Had a wonderful Christmas with my little family here.

Can you stand some more uber cuteness? I wanted to share some pics of my precious 16-month-old granddaughter at Christmas with you all. :hearts: Grandma can't get enough snuggles and kisses. :wuv: It's feast or famine like my Mom always said.

click to enlarge

Posted Image

...it's so hard to find just the right outfit to wear...

Ah...the perfect hat!

Posted Image

and of course, a girl just must accessorize!

Posted Image

Getting ready for the New Year? Hope you all have a wonderful safe and peaceful time!

Awww, a little fashionista!

Thanks for the Pics Shamrocked they are lovely I am sooo Excited . :bounce: first I lost the pound I gained last week and then Joe called from Jackson and said do you want the kids on the 1st and to spend the night and then meet us half way in Magee ms with them and bring them back somtime friday. I was so excited yes yes yes. I had no idea I would get them to spend the night. we can go eat at their favorite breakfast place around the corner Wards. they are going to love it. I can't wait for this week to go by now. :dancegal:

nothing new here its a little colder but Gerald got to paint today the sun was out.

Ya'll have a good night and sleep well Gerry dreams :bump1: Raina Snow

Raina Snow - that is so wonderful! Yay Yay Yay - I'm so happy for you. Do you suppose that Nick and/or Hannah told their dad that they would like to spend the night with you? Enjoy, RS - have a great, loving, blessed visit with you dear grandchildren. Luv you!

Cheers!

:yay::hug1: Raina Snow

Oh I know you are beyond thrilled with this! So happy to hear that you get to visit with your lovely grandkids. I knew they would want to spend time with you! Hope the time passes quickly till they are there with you.

:hugskisses:

Awww Betts, I'm so happy for you.....there ought to be a law that grandma's get to see their grandchildren at least one weekend a month!!! lol

Diane, she is adorable!!!! What's her name? You need to contact a mod and get the password to join the wee ones thread ... it's for us grandmas (and mom's) to show off our most precious children...

Suzie, I'll take a booblet squishing hug from you anytime my dear friend.

Welcome back Cassie!!!! We've missed you!

Well, Dan'l went for his CAT Scan today and we will probably have to wait until next Monday to call and find out any results... :tantrum: . Then we went to the gym and worked out! It's going to kill me...this getting healthy crap... :behave: I'm trying Gerry honestly!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Ok... so let me start by saying I'm alive.

I got super busy with life and was AWOL for a while. Nursing school, The boy, the puppy... and I got a new man. He is in face, the sweetest, most wonderful being on this planet. I met him on another forum for an author I've come to enjoy and we started out chatting about divorce, as he recently became single as well. Things progressed and he visited in August. (He's from Washington originally) He moved here the end of September. We plan on getting married June 2010.

Anyhoo... Here I am. :reddeath2:

Holy Spartans, it's LISH!!! I'm glad you're alive, I've been wondering about you!! Congrats on your engagement, w00t!!

:hearts:

~Mel

LISCIOUS!!!!!! I knew you would find a real man! You soooooo deserve it, sweetheart! I am so happy for you!

Now I have a question for you ladies over 40..... do women really survive menopause? Because right now, I have my doubts. Between the hot-flashes, night sweats, irritability and nightmares... it's been 2 weeks since I've had more than 3 hours of sleep a night. This is awful. If men had to go through this.... you can bet your arse there would be a cure!

Swannie

LISCIOUS!!!!!! I knew you would find a real man! You soooooo deserve it, sweetheart! I am so happy for you!

Now I have a question for you ladies over 40..... do women really survive menopause? Because right now, I have my doubts. Between the hot-flashes, night sweats, irritability and nightmares... it's been 2 weeks since I've had more than 3 hours of sleep a night. This is awful. If men had to go through this.... you can bet your arse there would be a cure!

Swannie

I'm a bit young to have first hand experience, but I currently work w/two women who're experiencing menopause at the moment. One of them has been going through it now for about 3 years she said and she's 49 and my other friend is 51 and has been off/on w/it for 2. They said they have their good days and then the bad days where they're literally soaked from head to toe in bed and can't sleep. Mood swings CHECK - this includes irritability, impatience or just ticked off for no reason. one of them says that she gets really hungry all of a sudden and wants to eat cake or something spongy. ??? not sure about that bit or why that happens. I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not looking forward to it when my time comes. Is it true that it can take 10 years to completely pass? Also, my sister who's only 37 recently i.e. 2 weeks ago had a hysterectomy. Does this mean she will not go through menopause or will she? Good luck Swannie. I feel for ya!

Cassie

OHHH Swannie....you are sooo right Sweetie! If men had to go through half of what women would go through I think we would be living in a very barren world!!

Lish! Good to see you Hon....Sounds like life is good for you now! Congratulations on the engagement!

Betts....I am tickled PINK for you my friend! your post "sounds" so happy and it's nice to "hear" that!

Sue....our Sweet little man looked like he was having a great time at Grandma's house! Thanks for sharing the pics Sweetie!

Shamrocked...Your Granddaughter is in a word A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E !

Hi Cassie....I see you went jogging and forgot that sports bra again! :p You need to get to Gals more...you're working too hard!

Suz... Booblets?? :hmm::rotflmao:

Elissa.... :hugs:

And more :hugs: to all my Galfriends...getting ready for New Years eve party now ....I can't wait for the Holidays to be over!! Too tiring for this old lady! ;)

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran