Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Swannie, my dear friend, you have two choices...endure or go on HRT. I was thrown into menopause after undergoing a hysterectomy and did the "enduring" for two years. After that I had to go on MINIMUM dose HRT because I was going postal! Suddenly, within three days of going on HRT, I noticed I felt better, slept better, my skin had more elasticity and my hair got shinier. I even quit being so crabby! My Gene sent my doctor a "Thank You" card. I get regular checkups and have had NO problems at all. The best thing is to talk to your doctor and see what he recommends. You don't have to suffer.

Suzie

Thanks, ladies.

He actually suggested that WE come to Vegas this year, so when I get my financial aid refund check next term, I'll be registering both of us.

He is tolerant (almost supportive) of my Gerry infatuation. He's watched Phantom with me and didn't make fun of a single thing. Actually cried. I think we're headed for Dear Frankie one weekend.

Anyone want a pic??

Posted Image

Posted Image

And remember this guy? He's RUNNING and talking now. No stopping him!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh Wow Lish.....Our 'lil Spartan is getting soooo big...and what a blessing to see that child now!! BTW...your Guy is totally a Hottie! :cunning: I think it's terrific that he is accepting your Gerry "attitude" :p

Suz....I was thinking of the HRT route but one crazy Doc gave me a perscription for pills that even the druggist thought was strange and had to order them special...Read the side effects and flushed down the toilet. I should have gone to another Doc but just decided to live with the Hot flashes and other disruptions in my life...Wish now that I didn't but since I made it through...I think... alls well now...but I really think for some HRT is the exact way to go!

Just popping in to give a quick :wave: to all my galfriends and then I have to go to the bar...Paper work time! UGH! Could I ask for some positive energy from you gals? We have been trying to sell the business and the house in a one package deal and we just had a couple from NY come and look at it...they also went to visit a daughter they have in Monroe NC so needless to say they were coming down anyway...but still my hopes are up that this works out. Since Bobby's eyesight has been deteriorating and we still don't know how much if any of his sight that he will get back it's been very hard for us to run this business ...we are ready to go back to NY and RETIRE the way we started out to do in the first place! So please just keep us in your prayers! I know that our problems are trivial compared to some and I hate to ask but at this point ....I'm getting desperate!! ;)

Big {{{{HUGS}}}} from both of us! :cunning: Frannie

Thanks ladies for all the compliments on my granddaughter. E has the brightest blue eyes, sometimes she reminds me of a little China doll and I feel so blessed. Sue, I will do that and thanks again for your advice and help with all things GALS.

Swannie, Good advice from Suzie. That was my experience too. I tried the enduring last year going off the HRT (had been on it for years and thought I would see if I could wean off). Big mistake, I was right back to all the symptoms you have. I tried for a year and thought I could tough it out. Well, the not sleeping is not a good thing so I discussed with my GYN and he put me on a different type of low dose HRT and it has been much better for me without hot flashes over and over round the clock. I still can't sleep for 8 hours in a row but it is definitely better. This is just my experience but hope the info is useful to you. Hugs and hope you can get some relief soon.

Hello Lish, and Congratulations on your engagement. He is a handsome guy--they both are!

Enjoy the day, GALS. I am going to find me some Gerry now. :phantom::jack1::marek:

I thought I would share my story for the holidays with you, because we were so blessed.

My siblings and all their kids and grandkids were together for a big spread pot luck dinner with all the trimmings. My Sweetie was very ill this year, and He and I stayed home and had our own little dinner. We were glad to be home since he had just spent several days in the hospital and almost didn't get out.

After dinner, who shows up, but the whole family party. They all drove clear across the big city to sing Christmas Carols to my Sweetie. We were so thrilled to see everyone. They made a huge love circle around him and sang their hearts out. LOL I took John to bed and served everyone some coffee and dessert. It turned out to be a wonderful day! I'll never forget it. Thanks for letting me share.

Hugs,

Sally

Lish, both your guys are major hotties! The first time I saw Dan's pic on your MySpace page, I grinned from ear to ear. What a great thing that he wants to go with you to Vegas, and that he supports your Gerry interests and friendships. Sounds like a real man who is not threatened by GB. I wish I could meet him, but I won't be going to Vegas next year.

Thanks for the advice, ladies. I really did not think menopause would be such a big deal.... but I was wrong. Unfortunately my regular doctor refuses to prescribe hormonal therapy due to the side effects, so I'll be seeing a new GYN after the first of the year. The hot flashes are bad enough, but for a moody girl like me, the mood swings, sleeplessness and depression are a killer.

So what do we all have planned for New Years Eve? Bill and I are hoping to spend it with our best friends, but not quite sure yet, as Melissa has been nursing her mom, who broke her hip a few weeks ago. If we don't go down to our friend's.... I MUST get dressed up and go out on the town. It's been weeks since I wore make-up and fixed my hair.... not even on Christmas day, which is the first time that's EVER happened.

Swannie

I thought I would share my story for the holidays with you, because we were so blessed.

My siblings and all their kids and grandkids were together for a big spread pot luck dinner with all the trimmings. My Sweetie was very ill this year, and He and I stayed home and had our own little dinner. We were glad to be home since he had just spent several days in the hospital and almost didn't get out.

After dinner, who shows up, but the whole family party. They all drove clear across the big city to sing Christmas Carols to my Sweetie. We were so thrilled to see everyone. They made a huge love circle around him and sang their hearts out. LOL I took John to bed and served everyone some coffee and dessert. It turned out to be a wonderful day! I'll never forget it. Thanks for letting me share.

Hugs,

Sally

Bless your heart, sweet Sally.

Sally, what a sweet story. I will keep you and your sweetie in my prayers.

Hugs,

Suzie

Swannie, Good advice from Suzie. That was my experience too. I tried the enduring last year going off the HRT (had been on it for years and thought I would see if I could wean off). Big mistake, I was right back to all the symptoms you have. I tried for a year and thought I could tough it out. Well, the not sleeping is not a good thing so I discussed with my GYN and he put me on a different type of low dose HRT and it has been much better for me without hot flashes over and over round the clock. I still can't sleep for 8 hours in a row but it is definitely better. This is just my experience but hope the info is useful to you. Hugs and hope you can get some relief soon.

I hear ya', Shamrocked. I slept maybe l l/2 hours last night. I tried going without a sleeping pill - and it didn't work. I went off the HRT - and my doctor wouldn't give it to me again when my symptoms all returned. The wind was blowing so hard - and that didn't help. I wondered if my roof would hold out.

I wonder if someone can help me a tad? When I'm typing a reply or a message, and I want to type in bold, or color, or change size, etc. - how do I close the tabs when I'm finished? I don't see anyway to do that. Hope I made myself clear - it'll be a first if I did!

Cheers, Gals.

Oh Sally, I'm so glad to hear from you...I just left a message on John's prayer thread! What a wonderful, loving family you have.

Welcome back Lish and congratulations on both of your handsome men!

Swannie, the answer is yes, you will survive sweetie...we all do one way or another. I started going through it in my late 40's and around the same time my thyroid acted up and I was going through absolute hell on my job ... there were times I didn't think I would make it but with the help of my doctor, anti- depressant meds, and herbal meds for the hot flashes I did. I think each woman has their own way of coping and you need to talk to your doctor about the various things you can do. I have to tell you the happiest day of my life came when I retired and no longer worked because then I stopped panicking about the sleep issue...I figured if I only got a few hours of sleep I could take a nap during the day if I needed to. The not being able to sleep and having to get up at 5:30 am and go to work was the worst part for me.

Diane, you are very welcome my friend.

BJ, click on preview post and I think you'll see that the tabs disappear...

Thanks Frannie :wuv:

hugs to all!

Posted Image (Clickable)

love,

Sue

Sally and Sue, I left a message on your prayer threads for you both and your dear husbands.Sally your Christmas sounds like an absolutely beautiful day.

Sue, I'm praying for good news from Dan's latest tests.

Lish, welcome back! You were missed! Congrats on your engagement.Both your men are knockouts.It's wonderful to see your little Spartan grow into such a big Spartan.

Fran, you know I have my fingers and legs and all else crossed that those people buy your house and the business and you come back home.You can depend on me for prayers.

Swannie, I can't say too much about what you're going through because I just stopped my periods and never had any problems.I just used to have the sweats a lot but not so that I couldn't cope.My Mom had no problems either.She stopped at the age of 47 and I stopped at 45 but started at the age of 10.Fran had a lot of those hot flashes you talk about etc.In the long run I think my loss of cartlidge in my knees and hip and bone density has a lot to do with menopause so I didn't get off scott free.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well......

Posted Image Peggy

Edited by chachababy

OMG Frannie, I posted before I read everything you wrote...OH! Of course I will pray that they buy the house and the pub...and you can go home and retire like you should be!!!!! You should be able to enjoy life and be closer to your mom and Peggy.... That would be so wonderful....

Thanks Peggy, my sweet friend and adopted sister!! :wuv:

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

Nice to see you here, Lish! Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Your little one is absolutely adorable. Can't believe how much he has grown.

Good luck on selling your business and your house, Fran. I hope it all works out for you to get back to where you belong.

Sue, glad you had a nice time with your little guy. They grow so fast. You want to capture all those moments and store them away.

Hugs and prayers to all! :wave:

Jilly

those photos are cute Sue :)

I just wanna wish everyone a HAPPY AND SAFE NEW YEARS!

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME AND BEST WISHES FOR A BETTER YEAR!

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL XOXO

Sue ....It's okay! I do the same thing sometimes...just scan cause hey lets face it ...sometimes we only have a few precious minutes to take a quick ride by! :unsure:

I know that all you guys are there for me and Bobby and I truly Thank you for it! :kiss:

:wave: Frannie

Sue, I forgot to meantion, B2 looked adorable in those Christmas pictures.I know that having him with you for Christmas must have just made your holiday so very special.He he so precious, it's no wonder you're such a proud Gramma.

Posted Image Peggy

:wave:HAPPY NEW YEAR wishes to each and everyone of you here in SC. Let's hope the start of the New Year brings us all good health and better times ahead.

I spent the day yesterday packing and putting away all the Christmas stuff for another year. My youngest son arrived from Maryland last Tuesday, only an hour delay so we got to Gulliver's Restaurant in plenty of time. Yes, Susan it IS fabulous there at Christmastime. Most of all, it's the BEST prime rib ever and I was stuffed.

Seems like that's ALL I did was eat for three days! Christmas Eve was with my extended family, about 40 of us now with the younger generations adding to it each year. Christmas morning, my oldest son (so far, no more drama) and his girlfriend came over. I made a big breakfast for us all and we opened our gifts together. Later on, we all headed over to my sister's house close by for the remainder of the day and ate some MORE!

Friday morning early, Gary had to leave and return home to Maryland. It was short but very nice visit. It's always a treat to be with him. Even though he's lived back east for 20 years now, I've never gotten used to saying goodbye. I'm hoping I can get back there in the spring for a visit so I'll look forward to that.

Frannie...I'll be thinking good thoughts for you that you sell the pub and the house very soon! This couple may just be the ones! I know you've missed NY and being close to your sis and Mom. Retirement would be the BEST thing for both you and Bobby. Even though things will change for you with retirement, the lack of stress will be so positive for Bobby and YOU. Did you know you and I were born the same year?? ....I know your aches and pains girlfriend! Along with all the other crapolla that we've come through.

Swannie...I've been on a low dose of HRT since '93 after my hysterectomy. Mine does not have any progesterone, only low estrogen. I've never had a problem and I'm a high risk for breast cancer. My doctor always tells me the positives outweigh the negatives taking them. The doctor also thinks they were probably the reason why I bounced right back from my stroke (due to my BP), a few years ago. Having the HRT in my system protected my heart. I also take a low dose of Zoloft and I swear, if I didn't I'd be serving 10-25 in the BIG HOUSE by now! It's very subtle but what a difference it makes with the mood swings and depression.

Of course, everyone is different and you should consult another GYN, if you're not happy with the one you have now. Good Luck to you....isn't growing old just vonderful??? :pointy:

Sue....Lucky Grandma! Your B2 is a darling and how fun was that for you and Dan'l to have him all to yourself. Wishing Dan'l good luck with the results of his latest tests. And, I too hear ya on the retirement and getting some much needed rest. I don't think I could've kept up with that daily circus any longer than I did! When I come back from helping out at the beginning of each school year, I have to go and take a nap immediately! I LOVE being retired...almost four years now & counting!! :kisswink:

Sally...your post was one of the sweetest things I've ever read! What a loving family you have and I'm sure that made all the difference for your husband.

Suzie...hope you get moved into that new house of yours very soon, I'm sure hotel living has gotten real old by now!

Betts...enjoy being with your grandchildren for New Year's. I'm sure you'll have a great time together.

Again, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you. Be safe and well.

Till next time.....

:wuv:JUDE

Thanks Jude and everyone, like Sue I can't wait to see them. I am in great pain right now waiting for bedtime to take pain pill. I volunteered today so it wears me down but I love it got to get up early and go again tomorrow. ya'll have a good night. Gerry dreams ya'll Raina SNow :drool1:

Jude, I think we are on the same HRT. I too am at risk for breast cancer, but annual exams have proven nothing but positive results from the HRT.

I know everyone is sick of my house soap opera, but today I got good news/bad news. The bad news is the closing has been set for a week later, January 9. The good news is that the appraisal came in low, so the seller had to reduce the price. All the paperwork had to be redone, so that's what caused the delay in closing. I think I can tolerate another week in the hotel for $3,350.00 less in the house price!

I know many of you are getting ready for New Year's Eve. Those of you who are going out, have a wonderful time, but stay safe. Those of you who are staying in to celebrate at home, I wish you a fun but peaceful evening. To ALL of you, I wish you a safe and Happy New Year filled with laughter, success and lots of Gerry dreams.

Holiday Hugs,

Suzie

Oh Yeah, Suzie...that's wonderful!!!! It looks like we are going to have our first Gerry Redding fest on January 9th.... Geriann wants all GALS to come to her house for dinner and a Gerry movie....and I promise to make a toast to you my dear friend...that you will have nothing but happiness in this new home.

Hey Jude (sang in my best Paul McCartney voice)....it's always so good to hear from you!!!

Peggy, my sweet friend...thank you...he does make my day.

Maria, I wish you the same....living in New York City.....do you go to watch the ball drop (that's what hubby and I will be doing, via TV though)...

Frannie, oh how I hope you get to go home soon...and now that I think about it....IF you get to retire fully just think of all the amazing siggies we'll have then!!! :drool1: YES YES YES~~~

Thank you all so much for the good thoughts and prayers for my Dan'l...we don't expect to hear anything until NEXT YEAR

edited because I at least had to put it in green!!!

Edited by irish

I just wanted to add to the "mix" today, to let all of you know that I read here daily, keep up

with all you have to tell us, give out lots of positive thoughts and prayers, and hope I can be

her for any of you in any way that I can!! Just because I seldom post (my thoughts are always

redundant and have usually been expressed by several of you already) I always feel as if I

have a "home" here along with the rest of you who do post regularly. GALS is such a great

group of women and I am so blessed to be part of you!!

Since it is almost here--I will extend my "HAPPY NEW YEAR" wishes to everyone, and I sincerely

believe that many prayers will be answered in 2009 and that we all will find the strength to deal

with whatever hardships or heartaches that may arise. Thank you, to each and every one of

you for sharing, caring and extending your love here in this forum.

Hugs,

Judy

Well, somehow I hit a button and it posted what I was typing early...jeez...thought I had lost it all!!! lol

as I was saying...we don't expect to hear anything until next year...but thank God next year is next week...I will let you know...

love and hugs to all!!!

Sue

I'll be praying hard for the best news ever Sue!!

Hey Jude!! Been a while that I've said that huh? Nice to see ya Hon and yes I think you and I discussed that we were born the same year once before ....so not only aches and pains but ...UM...memory banks seem to take a dip! :p Hope you're doing well Sweetie and may your New Year be the best it possibly can!!

As a matter of fact that goes for all my fanmily!!

Judy Sweetie...I pray that you are right about the year 2009 being a better one for all! And BTW...You working on anymore vids?? You see...I'm a video piggie! :cunning:

Suz....I am ecstatic for you galfriend! You bet your sweet ...um...you know ...I would stay a few more days if i was going to save that much money!! Congrats on the savings and when you post and say the word you've closed....we will Party hearty!! :yay:

I have to be at the bar tomorrow for New Years eve party so will probably be MIA til the week-end so if I don't get back here ...Thank you all for your positivity and prayers! I said it before and I'll say it again!! I LUV YOU GUYS!!

:wave: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Now I have a question for you ladies over 40..... do women really survive menopause? Because right now, I have my doubts. Between the hot-flashes, night sweats, irritability and nightmares... it's been 2 weeks since I've had more than 3 hours of sleep a night. This is awful. If men had to go through this.... you can bet your arse there would be a cure!

Swannie

I read in a medical book from Kaiser Permanente that if you think Menopause will be a horrible time for you, then you will have a rough time, but if you accept it as a natural part of life and don't fret over it, it will be a breeze. Edited by Attila Girl